Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I just want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It is 4 pm and I am in the hospital. I had my lapband surgery this morning 7:30.

I am feeling pretty good. I walked aroung the floor where I am about 5 times total so far. Pain is not too bad except getting up and down. I had to cough a few times also which really did hurt but the pillow over the belly tight really does help.

The band I got was the AG? I think that is what Dr. Patel said 14.5 ccs. I will ask again when I see him tonight or tomorrow morning.

Valerie:clap2::clap2:

Congrats on the 1st day of your new life! Glad things went well, and you are feeling relatively good! :clap2::whoo:

Yay you for taking this step to a better life! :lol: We're all rooting for you and will be subsequently post-stalking you to see how you do! :eek:

Congratulations!!!! glad it went well, due to be banded 5th Sept, so please keep posting on you're progress. wishing you a speedy recovery, xx

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. I didnt sleep well in the hospital so when I got home yesterday I did sleep. The dr. perscribed Tylenol with Codenine but I just took a dose of regular liquid tylenol for a headache. Probably from not eating.

I did try to drink but I know I am not getting enough still. I took a few gulps in the hospital (mistake) and I think I experienced my first foaming saliva experience that you guys always talk about. I felt like I was going to lose it and my stomach contracted once and it hurt so bad I think I forgot. It didnt happen perhaps the Water went down. Dont want to go there again YUCK.

So now I am on Clear liquids until the 18th and then full liquids until I see the dr. on the 24th. Thanks again guys for all the love and support.

Val

Four days post-op and feeling really good. I have been burping a lot which can sometimes feel a little uncomfortable. The dr. used glue so I have been able to take showers which feels good. I am finding it hard getting in all the liquids. Last night for dinner I ate a 1/4 cup of Jello and tried to get down 1/4 cup of broth but started to get an a tightness in my chest which I am thinking might be the new full so I stopped. I really dont feel hungry although the TV shows food constantly which doesnt help. I keep thinking about all the times I ate compulsively without being hungry. This has really given my a wake up call!

Val

I am trying to figure out when to have the band surgery. How many days post op before you can go back to work . Could i have surgery on a friday and go back to work on monday. Thanks for your input.

Going back to work that soon seems a too fast to me. I took three weeks off, but I had a lot of sick time to burn up and could easily have gone back after two. I think it depends more on the job you have. Mine is more physically demanding, but an office job I could have gone back after a week.

CANDLE I saw that your Dr is Dr. Alan Geiss, do you recommend him? I'm in search to get this journey started and I'm looking for a great Doc in Long Island.