Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What spots can we place them in??? I have tattoos almost everywhere, will it do anything to them if I put them over it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I mainly put them on my chest because my thinking is to put them in an area that doesn't have as much fat. I'm not sure if it matters but thought maybe the absorption would be better in a less fatty area. :) Anyway, I have over 13 tattoos (large) and have put these directly over them without issue.

Yes, my MO was to place where they might be better absorbed. Usually I place on my hip or upper torso, where. I have had no issues. Just this one time, on chest. Big sun day, that day.

I will sacrifice myself everyone and do one more try on an exposed area. I have golf tournament this afternoon and will be out for several hours. If I have the same issue then we will know harsh direct sunlight is not a friend to the Patches....

First, you did the right thing contacting the company. Hang on to that picture - it will be helpful to provide that to them as evidence of the adverse reaction you had (yes, I am intentionally using the term adverse reaction and you should too when in contact with them). Also, try to have the lot number handy when they follow up with you - it will help them focus on their investigation in case there is an issue with a particular batch of Patches. Was the patch on your stomach from the same box (same lot) as the ones on your chest?

I'm not familiar with these Patches, do the instructions state to wear that many at one time? I saw Alex's response earlier about the length of time they are supposed to be worn, so it may just be a reaction to the adhesive from wearing too long. I actually wouldn't recommend wearing them on a part of your body that is exposed to direct sunlight just because a lot of Vitamins breakdown and degrade due to light exposure. It's also possible the skin on your chest is more sensitive to the adhesive than the skin on your stomach. Do the instructions state a preferred location for placing the patch? The patch products I've worked with in the past typically state to apply to the hip.

I work in pharma, and have handled product quality complaint investigations before so I'm trying to ask questions that will help the manufacturer investigate the problem - so information you should try to give them.

Alex - is there a way you can contact the manufacturer, it is not acceptable that they have not followed up with her. Typically companies are supposed to follow up within one business day when there is a complaint of an adverse reaction.

HeidiKat, They did get back with today via email. Here's the explanation. Thought I posted this a bit earlier. And, you're right on all accounts above. Thank you for your input

"PatchMD Patches are a multi-layered polymeric laminates with a reservoir system. medical grade Adhesive properties are laboratory tested. have excellent adhesion and are proven to be non-irritating to humans. if you experience redness at a sensitive area on your skin, use an area such as the hip, back, shoulder ,or top of buttocks, after using on a less sensitive area, the problem usually stops. As to sun exposure we recommend not to use the patch in direct sun put on your buttocks not exposed.