Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

Coming into week 5 of Sleeve. I have been using the patch MD Patches for multi, D3, and B12. I also do a liquid multi too. I have loved the patches and ease of use, have no idea if they work yet (blood tests at 8 weeks will tell all). But, encountered a huge issue earlier this week. I had placed two of them on my upper chest and when I went to remove them the following morning the skin underneath looked burned and oozing. I have left the company a message, and emailed twice without a response. The third patch that was on my upper stomach was fine. I do know that I was in the sun and the patches were exposed to it. Perhaps there's a reaction from sunlight on these.

post-288184-0-44230500-1462476727_thumb.jpg

Yikes! That looks painful. Is there a reason you aren't taking Vitamins orally?

Well, post op Patches sounded great. I love the liquid multi too. Hate swallowing a bunch of pills. ReViva is the liquid I use. Both Multi and Calcium. I do sublingual B12, and prescription D3. Yes, it looks like a burn and feels like one too. One on each side.

Well, post op Patches sounded great. I love the liquid multi too. Hate swallowing a bunch of pills. ReViva is the liquid I use. Both Multi and Calcium. I do sublingual B12, and prescription D3. Yes, it looks like a burn and feels like one too. One on each side.

Ah. I never had any problem swallowing pills and I was cleared to swallow whole pills at 7 days post-op so I never had to bother with alternatives. I do use a B12 spray, because my nutritionist says it is absorbed better, but all my other Vitamins have been in pill from since the beginning. I hope the company gets back to you about how to treat that "burn" and how to avoid them in the future!

Ouch! That looks painful. It almost looks like a layer of skin went right along with the removal of the patch. I use these too and have had instances where one will stick much more than the others. It sometimes leaves red marks but nothing like what you're experiencing. :(

As far as them working, I know the Vitamin D is (I take Multivitamin, Vitamin D3/Calcium, Omega 3 and B12) as my levels went up slightly (I'm deficient) from my 2/23/16 test to my 4/5/16 test. I started taking them 3/4/16.

I'm still pre-op so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

ETA: I actually bought some of the anti-aging ones in my 2nd shipment because of the antioxidants but really REALLY struggled for a month with feeling tired all the time. That was the only thing I was doing differently so I stopped using them and feel MUCH better.

Edited by determinedtolive

Well guys, like I said, could have been a reaction from direct sunlight on the Patches. Not that I had them stuck on my face, but it's probably better to use them where the sun doesn't shine.... Having said that, I love the convenience and really want to love them. But, just in case I do backup with liquid multi and the other supplements I mentioned. Pretty surprised that they have not responded to my inquiry. Thought about adding the anti-aging, since decided I had too many stickers happening. Anxious to see what the blood work reveals, too.

Well guys, like I said, could have been a reaction from direct sunlight on the Patches. Not that I had them stuck on my face, but it's probably better to use them where the sun doesn't shine.... Having said that, I love the convenience and really want to love them. But, just in case I do backup with liquid multi and the other supplements I mentioned. Pretty surprised that they have not responded to my inquiry. Thought about adding the anti-aging, since decided I had too many stickers happening. Anxious to see what the blood work reveals, too.

We've sold a few thousand PatchMD Patches and so far nobody has contacted us with similar issues. How many hours did you wear the patches for?

Afternoon until early morning. As I mentioned, could be reaction to direct sun. But, it is what it is. Firsts for everything, Barry. Might want to do a small test on this, and if it proves I'm one of thousands you can caveat by stating "direct and long exposure to sun not recommended" because that is the only plausible reason for the reaction. Been wearing these for a few weeks without prior issue. Albeit, first time that I placed two of them to exposed areas.

Note that I called your company, and emailed 2x without response.

Thank you.

Alex, sorry... Thought you were with Patch MD. I bought the Patches through the Bariateic pal store. But, reached out to the company unsuccessfully....

Alex, sorry... Thought you were with patch MD. I bought the Patches through the Bariateic pal store. But, reached out to the company unsuccessfully....

No worries! Didn't make sense you didn't receive a response from us. Here's some information from the company on how long to wear the patches:

"Wear the patch minimum of 8 hours, remove after 9 hours. After 8 or 9 hours all ingredients have been used up."

I've been taking the Patches since November 2015. All my Vitamin levels are within range. I only had one stick badly enough that a layer of skin came off. It was placed on my upper chest. I haven't used that spot since and have had no problems. I just put some aloe on it each day till it healed. I place them on the back of my shoulder now.

Alex, sorry... Thought you were with patch MD. I bought the Patches through the Bariateic pal store. But, reached out to the company unsuccessfully....

No worries! Didn't make sense you didn't receive a response from us. Here's some information from the company on how long to wear the patches:

"Wear the patch minimum of 8 hours, remove after 9 hours. After 8 or 9 hours all ingredients have been used up."

That's good information to have,@@Alex Brecher, thank you! The Patches don't come with that information. I've been wearing mine for 24 hours (put on in morning and replace after shower the following morning).

Edited by determinedtolive

What spots can we place them in??? I have tattoos almost everywhere, will it do anything to them if I put them over it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App