Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

57 and ready to live for me!

Thanks ProudGrammy....Your words were so timely and came at the perfect moment! My surgeon just told a few minutes ago that my surgery has been postponed until June 6. I am so bummed out! Due to the minor stroke, my surgeon wants me to be cleared by a neurologist and that doctor isn't available to see me before Tues 5/24 (my former surgery date). AGH!!! Yes,, I know God is in control and I have to be patient...I've come this far so I can't quit. I'm just very sad right now...

I'm 69, will have my sleeve rebirth on June 24th & I turn 70 on July 1st. Some family members think I am crazy to have this done at my age but no one understands my struggle my whole life. Don't be stressed about your rescheduling, it'll be hear before you know it. My time took 1 1/2 yrs. but now it's almost here. Try to trust your doctor & you'll do amazing. Prayers to you.

Sent from my SM-T520 using the BariatricPal App

Ok, so in addition to it being my birthday today, its also the 1st day of my pre-op liquid fast! Everyone is bringing me cupcakes but I cannot partake! LOL...but seriously, I'm a bit grumpy today perhaps from not eating, and the caffeine withdrawal headaches are constant!

Well, my goal is in sight, my VSG is this coming Monday, June 6! Keep a good thought going for me guys...will keep you updated!

Happy Birthday! a year from now you'll be so glad you did this.

Loving the way I'm looking and feeling these days....now to prepare for the holidays! Should be interesting, very interesting, since that's the big meal I cook every year for my kids and grandkids....might be Protein shakes this year for everyone instead (just kidding)....

post-291242-0-22603100-1474487461_thumb.jpg