Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I finally got my sleeve on Tuesday. I have to say the pain hasn't been too bad. It's mainly an issue when getting in and out of bed. It's that darn right-side stitch that everyone complains about. I've been having gas pains, but nothing too bad. Can't wait for my stomach to heal. I hate the feeling of knowing I have stitches in my stomach. For now, I am just drinking as much Water as I can. And walking every time I get up to go pee.

How long did it take everyone to get rid of the excessive gas?

Thanks!

Congrats on your sleeving!!!

I can't help with the gas issue...

I didn't have that problem...

I'm just trying to be nice and stuff today...

Hahah thanks!! I'll take it! How far post-op are you?

I got my band converted to a sleeve this past Wednesday. I too have the side pains and lots of bruising (scar tissue removal) and gas. I keep lapping up those GasX strips and maybe they help? I don't know.... All I do know at this point is that my son is 10 and any gas in any form is a source of hilarity so right now, I'm the funny parent- wooohooo me!!!! Now if he mentions it to any of his little school buddies we may have problems.... ;)

Kindafamiliar these message boards need more people like you. Just sayin ;) take care everyone! sleep well and no gassing any tooth fairies, sock gnomes, sandman or boogie man. Just hang in and wake up happier and hopefully thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

jaxmom Thanks for the laugh(AWESOME) !

I was sleeved on Friday 3/15 and on when I came home from the hospital I woke up with a massive sore throat. I can't even speak. Has anyone else experienced this? I also can't drink Water because it makes me so nauseous I rather something with flavor, but I miss Water. ️ any tips?

I was sleeved on Friday 3/15 and on when I came home from the hospital I woke up with a massive sore throat. I can't even speak. Has anyone else experienced this? I also can't drink Water because it makes me so nauseous I rather something with flavor, but I miss Water. ️ any tips?

My throat was a bit sore post-op. Probably from the tube they stick down your throat when you are under.

Plain water was the hardest thing for me to drink for a while. Try Mio drops, crystal light, or something similar. Also herb or Decaf tea. Try different temperatures: from hot tea, room temp, to ice cold. Crushed ice (I like sonic ice) and sugar-free Popsicles will also help you stay hydrated.

Whatever you try, just keep sipping.

My throat has been a little sore too. My nose & sinuses have been very dry and a little bloody. I'm assuming it's from the oxygen. Did any of you experience that?

Yes! Just had my first bloody nose in my entire life!! Surgery was on 5/10. I have really bad allergies and was sneezing this morning. Next thing I know - bam! Bloody nose!