Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's funny to hear what someone used to think...

So Sunday I had dinner with M and some of his friends. The topic of my month long kidney stone ordeal came up and the joke was "was she making it up? I think she's telling the truth because it's a pretty elaborate story just to avoid a fourth date" Anyway, apparently my fairly limited contact was a puzzle to the bystanders. Besides MY medical stuff I was also intentionally taking it slow.

What was happening was during times when my symptoms were ok, I went on some dates but much of our contact was by phone, email. I remember thinking " this guy is gonna bail on me because who in the heck gets a kidney stone shortly after meeting someone?"

Btw, I have the same strange phenomena where my pals want play by play of my dating life. I wised up and say very little as some of the advice has been horrible.

I went to a party on Saturday and one of my girlfriends had told people I had met someone so of course the questions began. I was asked " is he nice?" The long pause before I replied " that's not exactly the first adjective that comes to mind", got a bunch of laughs. I dunno why. He's actually generous and has a life full of people who care deeply for him, treats me so well, but how can anyone call a right wing sarcastic attorney "nice"? Ha

Anyways I am enjoying getting to know his friends-a couple of them are women who are like little mother hens.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

right wing sarcastic attorney...NICE? Well, I've got 2 of the 3 (I'm not an attorney, but I play one at the capitol often enough) and unless you have really worked hard to tick me off, most people are going to say I'm nice. @@CowgirlJane I'm just listening in to your semi-private journal here, but he does sound like a great find. I hope it works out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches