Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating with post op diet

U should see a nut that delivers food to u.

I have a nutritionist that prepares my meals and delivers them. That's three meals a day and two Snacks. They r yummy n things I would never think of making.

This will make u feel special n not eat boring shakes while everyone else is having nice things.

Search for someone n ur area that prepares healthy meals from a nutritionist

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ps ignore the self righteous ppl on here who seem to forget we had the surgery because we have issues with food and just having the surgery will not take the issue away. Keep posting any questions u have as some of us don't judge u. We know the struggle

Use a slow cooker crock pot to cook for kids. U don't have to stand in front of it. Ask someone else to fix their plates.

The slow crock pot is what I'm using to fix meals because I don't have to be tempted while cooking

Ps ignore the self righteous ppl on here who seem to forget we had the surgery because we have issues with food and just having the surgery will not take the issue away. Keep posting any questions u have as some of us don't judge u. We know the struggle

No, having the surgery doesn't take our issues with food away. However, that doesn't mean that we ALL don't have to do whatever we have to do to be successful. Speaking the truth about that isn't judging, it's being truthful. When someone comes to these boards for help, I'm not going to blow smoke and tell them something isn't a risk when I know otherwise.

Don't think for a minute that the veterans on this board (and I'm not one of them yet, I'm only a few weeks out) haven't struggled as much as anyone else, but they know what it takes to be successful. A huge part of what it takes to be successful is being adult enough to know that we all made a choice when we decided to have surgery. That choice was to agree to follow postop instructions. Not to follow them if we felt like it, or it was easy, or convenient, but to follow them. Period. Even when we're tempted. Even when it's hard. And even when we want to whine about it.

You know this old joke?

Guy raises arm to show doctor "Doc, it hurts when I do this"

Doctor: "Then don't do that"

When you're cooking and tempted to eat fries and other junk weeks out from surgery when you know it could potentially harm you?

Don't do that.

Sorry if that sounds self righteous.

I'm 4 weeks post op and have a 5 and a 10 year old. While I'm on medical leave, I've also been doing a lot of crock pot meals. The kids and the hubby have been warned we're ALL going to be eating healthier moving forward - but that doesn't mean they can't have what they want once in a while. They ordered cheese steaks and nachos a few nights ago and honestly, the smell grossed me out. So did the stromboli my husband got. While I'm also having a hard time finding foods I like, I have not been craving junk food or sweets - once my downfall.

I'm on "pourable" Proteins and fruits/veggies now - next week I move up to mushy. My surgeon told me she had a patient that cheated with Doritos and opened her stomach incision and she ended up in the hospital in bad shape. As someone else mentioned, it's not worth it.

Also people should cook healthy food for their families. You don't have to feed your kids fries. They can have baked/grilled chicken nuggets and brocoli.

Same thing with spouses and everyone in the house. Most American do not eat healthy and just because people aren't morbidly obese doesn't mean they are healthy.

This is about a lifestyle, not a diet plan. If you think about it that way it is much easier to follow.

Please people stop feeding your kids trash like kraft Mac and cheese

Thanks but as you know its a very hard battle for those of us that have to cook for the little ones at home.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

I have 3 little ones too and worry about this. I've started asking my husband and parents to commit to taking the lead on feeding and cooking for them in the first month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Hi I am 12 days post op from surgery and I have already cheated with some fries with ranch yesterday and today the toppings of a pizza slice I know this is horrible and a definate no no but I could not resist when everyone is eating this in front of me, I don't know what to do now after I already ate it but I am so tempted to eat other than. Water because the shakes do not go down they are to thick and my Dr told me to get Isopure but I have not gone to go get it yet to try them. This is not a good thing to do but now what is there to do, I need help.

I feel fries is not that bad at 12 days as long it was a few fries soft texture.Next time i would mash them up and put a little ranch and make them ranch mash potatoes.and mash potatoes are fine at 12 days.but think you did little to much with the pizza.2 more weeks for that my dear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by dani.d

Hi I am 12 days post op from surgery and I have already cheated with some fries with ranch yesterday and today the toppings of a pizza slice I know this is horrible and a definate no no but I could not resist when everyone is eating this in front of me, I don't know what to do now after I already ate it but I am so tempted to eat other than. Water because the shakes do not go down they are to thick and my Dr told me to get Isopure but I have not gone to go get it yet to try them. This is not a good thing to do but now what is there to do, I need help.

I feel fries is not that bad at 12 days as long it was a few fries soft texture.Next time i would mash them up and put a little ranch and make them ranch mash potatoes.and mash potatoes are fine at 12 days.but think you did little to much with the pizza.2 more weeks for that my dear.

You totally forgot to add the J/K LOL at the end of your post because you certainly can't be serious...

You totally forgot to add the J/K LOL at the end of your post because you certainly can't be serious...
Well every doctor suggest different things.my doctor said i could have mash potatoes and a half spoon full of lite ranch is not bad just like cream @ 2 weeks. Some people on here eatting steaks fresh out surgery.now thats a disaster .

from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by dani.d

Thanks but as you know its a very hard battle for those of us that have to cook for the little ones at home.

I cook for my wife and two kids and am currently one week post-op (yay!). What's been working for me is getting "full" before I cook for them. I'll have a Protein shake, or some Tomato Soup, chicken broth, or even a runny scrambled egg before I begin cooking. It doesn't take much to gain that "full" feeling and once you do, the desire to eat is pretty much gone.

I really feel at such a short time after surgery our desire to eat these comfort foods is mostly mental and from habit. You have to stay strong and realize that what you did, you did FOR yourself and not TO yourself. You are not being penalized, you are healing.

I'm not a doctor, but I would have to assume that things like fries which are starchy and can have sharp edges, can really cause some damage to your new stomach. Never mind the calories or anything like that....just be careful and stay strong.

Mashed potatoes are a purée and French fries are FRIED potatoes. Big diff.

I, too, was allowed 2-3 tablespoons of mashed potatoes at three weeks out watered down and with fat free gravy. Big difference between that and fried solids.

You have to take control of your life sweetie. Don't Live to eat. Eat to live. Think about it this way. Plus you could seriously hurt yourself. I work for a rehab and nursing center. I have seen quite a few people come in with serious issues after gastric bypass and sleeve surgery because they just did not listen to what the doctor told them now they have more than just being obese issues they are terribly sick I haven't gotten the surgery yet but my mind s set on being healthy and I'm doing this to extend my life not to shorten it I really really hope that you can get control of food and realize that if you continue to eat those kinds of Foods you will continue to Crave them have you ever done it before the surgery this is a big problem too I noticed with people who never dieted before the surgery they don't have the education to keep their selves healthy after but I am here I will help you in any way. I would surely love to help you!!!!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO XL using the BariatricPal App

Did you cheat on the pre-op diet?