Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regretting the sleeve so much and afraid I will die or have serious problems down the road

Does anyone know if i can have chicken noodle Soup in the soft foods stage?

Sent from my LGLS665 using the BariatricPal App

Make sure you get the "light" version. I know at this stage we are eating so little but still keep in check the carbs and sodium that's in the soup :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-on-actual-gastric-bypass-death.html?m=1 this has terrified me into a full blown panic attack.. Especially cuz i can barely eat right now

What do u think

I read this and was in shock. This was a bad article all the way around. 1st it has no prove. Hardly none of these patients were autopsied. They don't know why the patients died. So right there it's a failed article. No footnotes of where they got their information. I am 43 years old. Had my first heart attack last june. If I don't lose the weight my chances of being dead within the next year are very high. Our bodies weren't met to carry a lot of weight. Be proud of your sleeve, lose the weight and be happy. Live for today. Life is too short..xoxo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I'm years out and I have had no problems at all other than heartburn which I have medication for .

The sleeve has made my life better in so many ways. My only regret is that I had this done in my 50's and it would have been so great if I had been sleeved and not overweight in my 30's . Life is still pretty great for this 63 year old.

Honey don't worry!!! It's natural to feel some loss after these surgeries. I had my bypass 2 weeks ago as well and I get a little emotional at times too. Meet with your surgeon or a psychiatrist and talk it over.

Just remember, if it wasn't safe to do, they wouldn't have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Im doing better then I have. Still depressed and having a hard time adjusting but I think its just because nothing tastes good to me right now and i dont really care about food. Im hoping my taste comes back though

http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-on-actual-gastric-bypass-death.html?m=1 this has terrified me into a full blown panic attack.. Especially cuz i can barely eat right now

What do u think

I read this and was in shock. This was a bad article all the way around. 1st it has no prove. Hardly none of these patients were autopsied. They don't know why the patients died. So right there it's a failed article. No footnotes of where they got their information. I am 43 years old. Had my first heart attack last june. If I don't lose the weight my chances of being dead within the next year are very high. Our bodies weren't met to carry a lot of weight. Be proud of your sleeve, lose the weight and be happy. Live for today. Life is too short..xoxo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

High five!!! I had my heart attack 3 yrs@ 40 plus open heart surgery and that still was not my wake up call until I felt that squeezing sensation on my left breast again... got my heart M.D. to give clearance and I'm getting sleeved 5/18 to save my life...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App

Im doing better then I have. Still depressed and having a hard time adjusting but I think its just because nothing tastes good to me right now and i dont really care about food. Im hoping my taste comes back though

Hey Kitty-

*soft hug* I myself am going to be having the gastric sleeve done this summer. the emotional aspect of the after operation is hard. I've been doing six months of pre op 'weight loss' but because I don't have co morbid issues (I workout like a madwomen) my BMI has had to stay at 40 for the last six months. It's been hard. I've been researching and preparing for this surgery for the last ten months. I would love to write via email to you if you would like to. I myself am going to have to have my meds that are psyche made liquid for the first two months. Hang in there. I echo what others have said, the web is filled with crud. If you cannot find contact information or a link back to the source what is being said is an opinion. rule of thumb I use for everything on the web. take care doll.

-Hannah

Thank you Hannah for your support. I hope we both can help each other in our journey to overcome this obstacle. O have been battling antidepressants

*i have been battling anxiety, depression and taking antidepressants after this surgery and the only thing that has really helped me to get through is my family, friends and keeping a positive attitude. I feel like I've been through hell and back but as long as I have them and god if you are religious i start to break free from the suffocation and fear of change i fight with anxiety. If you ever ever want to email me and talk my email is catherinebeck20@gmail.com

I would stay away from the articles for now. You can't actually undo your surgery, so is there any point putting yourself in a position of feeling worse by scaring yourself?

There are risks. Period. But anything you do if you look hard enough at anything it will also carry risk. You are out of the immediate post op danger zone. The surgery has massive amounts of positive things it can achieve for you, why did you want to lose the weight to begin with? Make a list, remember why you did this to start.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

You have a lot of great advice in this thread. I was 62 when I had my VSG last October and although I was obese, I probably wouldn't have done any of the other WLS options (gastric bypass or switch) unless I had more to lose.

Keep in mind that VSG didn't even exist as a WLS option in 2004, so no one in this so-called study had the operation you had.

I definitely rushed into my surgery (less than 2 months from orientation to surgery) and I never regretted it.

Partially because the actual surgery was so minor (I was out for less than 50 minutes) and partially because I knew once I healed, all my anatomy would be normal with exception of my child sized stomach.

But the main reason I had zero regrets was because after 50 years of dieting I KNEW nothing else would work - because I had tried them all and failed at them all.

I know I added 10-15 years to my life, but if I had been 320 at 22, I may not have even made it to 62.

You made a GREAT decision and I pray you come to realize it sooner rather than later.

One more thing, while you may think you could have done it on your own, I seriously doubt it. Read this study on the winners from The Biggest Loser who discovered the truth about " doing it on their own".

Quite sad for those who try to do it themselves. It really shows how fortunate we are to have the WLS option!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?referer=

Edited by Cape Crooner

*i have been battling anxiety, depression and taking antidepressants after this surgery and the only thing that has really helped me to get through is my family, friends and keeping a positive attitude. I feel like I've been through hell and back but as long as I have them and god if you are religious i start to break free from the suffocation and fear of change i fight with anxiety. If you ever ever want to email me and talk my email is catherinebeck20@gmail.com

I've emailed you. :)

My daughter had VSG when she was 21 and now she is 22, expecting her first child in a few days. I truly believe you will be ok and you will have a bright future ahead of you :-)

Good luck and try to settle down and enjoy this wonderful journey you have ahead of you!

You are younger than Im. Im 26 but Im sure I want this. don't over think it. If that was your weight previous I believe you made a good decision. Your dating life will be better and everything else. Don't over stress it

Well this all started because I read an article that there is a human growth hormone in ur stomach that is taken out and causes you to age faster. Im unsure on this but it just worries me sick that I changed my anatomy even though i was 320 and kept gaining. I had dieted all my life and have been fat since i was 5 but my hairs falling out in clumps so its stressing me out even more..ugh