Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my 3 week stall is annoying me

so, I have heard of it, the three week stall, but I don't like it very much. I think part of my problem is that I am not taking in enough fluids or just throwing them up. I just took some mirilax because I havent had a bowel movement in a week. Yes, I said a week. I have RA and am on pain medication and that doesn't help at all. so when does this stage pass. I am so discouraged!

It just depends on how long you will be in the stall. For some it's just a day or two. Others will stall for longer.

When you are able to eat regular food again there are tricks you can do to break a stall.

One of the tricks I've discovered is to eat carbs for a couple of days and then switch back to no carbs. The shock to the body normally works. I was stuck at 214 lbs for several weeks with no movement and then I tried that and got down to 201 where I stalled for several more weeks and then I did it again and am now at 194. The only draw back is that each time you switch back to no carbs you go through a mini carb withdrawal, meaning possible headaches, fatigue, feelings of possibly fainting, moodiness, etc. But otherwise it works, or at least for me.

Honestly the best thing you can do is stick to the plan. I have had many many stalls over the last 19 months. In the beginning I tried all kinds of things to break the stall. The reality is, your body needs that time to adjust itself.

I personally would not try eating carbs for a day because once you start eating them your body craves them. Just stick to the plan.

I also have been on heavy narcotics since June and the combination of the narcotics and a high Protein diet cause me to have issues with Constipation. I started taking a stool softener with laxative (stool softener plus) twice daily and now I go pretty regular. At least every other day and sometimes every day.

It is normal to feel frustrated but don't let it get the best of you. Also you really really have to focus on getting at least 48 oz. o Water in your system, it will help with weight loss and constipation. Obviously getting your Protein in helps with weight loss and healing.

Hang in there!

I'm on my 3 week stall too, and it's such a bummer. Knowing that everyone says it's normal doesn't make it feel any better!

@@trishrnyoung

I just got through mine, and yes it was frustrating.

I got out of it, with just under a kilo loss. For me this time, it lasted 2 weeks.

I refused to weigh myself, and at the end, when I finally weighed myself, I actually lost a bit!

I can only share what I was advised to do by my NUT and what I did differently during that stage:

1. To increase my Proteins with a high Protein powder mixed in my yoghurt or purees

2. To temporarily have 1/2 cup of only Protein food

3. To drink more Water

4. To add Benefibre to my drinks

5. To use Osmolax as needed

Yes, Constipation got worse for me, hence Osmolax worked well for me.

I too went for up to 10 days without BM, mainly during the liquid only phase.

Now, I got it again due to increased Proteins. Started using small amounts of Osmolax powder again. This gentle formula really helps me.

I educated myself on the Stalls, both here, the web and Youtube.

Now I know it is a normal and necessary phase to go through.

I know now that there will be more to come.

I've learnt that this is the time my body re-adjusts, and so be it.

Edited by krakow57