Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why didn't I know how bad it's gotten?

Instead of "borrowing" a seat belt extender if your surgery is far away and you travel a lot you can always buy one.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001KVW6EQ

They are around $20 or so, depends on what type you buy. I purchased one 2 years ago so i wouldn't have to ask for one anymore. Luckily I don't need it anymore and I will hand it down to my sister.

@@Samara1974 Thanks. A couple of other folks mentioned you can buy them as well......I had no idea but thankfully I don't quite need one yet, and my surgery is soon enough that I won't need one for the future....but thanks for the info.

So here's my update.......I just flew home yesterday and I thought I was well past having to be fearful about the seat belt fitting. Well, the first leg of the trip from MN to Atlanta was fine. Uncomfortable of course but actually not as bad as the trip there.....So I had about a 2.5 hour wait in Atlanta and everything was great because where my gate was they had comfy lounge chairs where you could even put your feet up.....I should have know all the "good" was leading up to a "bad.".......So finally I board my plane, sit my happy butt down and grab both ends of my seat belt.....AND ID DOESN'T FIT!!! I was mortified!....but no one saw me try to buckle it, so I ended up just laying it across my lap and tucking the buckle under my shirt.....and just didn't wear a seat belt for the whole flight!....I justified it in my head by telling myself if we crash a seat belt is not going to save me......OMG my surgery date can't get here soon enough!!! Now I have to go back to MN in two weeks and am really dreading it.....I hate this!!!

@@kmorri, I was so embarrassed every time I flew that I didn't even ask for a seat belt extender...I usually just tucked it under my shirt as well and folded my arms over it so the flight attended would not see. Oh my, never again!

@ Kmorri thanks! I had surgery on Thursday the 14th, came home on Friday evening.. I won't lie it felt like I was hit by a Mack truck. But a friend told me today "No pain no gain". So I am holding on to that....

Sent from my LG-D850 using the BariatricPal App

We just have to hold on to that new person we are going to become and also remind ourselves there's nothing wrong with the person we are emotional or spiritually we just have to love our bodies enough to make them healthy and match our beautiful souls :) it's a long step I'm two months out from surgery in Mexico so it's easy for me to be content... I will need all of your shoulders to lean on soon!

I'm with you. I didn't realize it until last 6 months. I think I just blocked it out. I'm with you I hate flying for that reason. I pay extra for exit row isle seat even. I'm getting sleeved in July. Scared but have tired it all. Now it's so bad I can't do it alone. But hey least we doing something about it!!

Mpls is a huge airport tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App