Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So confused! Newbie here..help :/

I have had surgery in Mexico twice, once of r plastics and once for my sleeve, and scheduled for another round of plastics in September. They're are world class surgeons practicing in Mexico and the level of care you can receive there far surpasses any care I've received in the US. If you figure out what your criteria ar end do your research, you have nothing to worry about. The poor experiences are few and far between and almost always are because people didn't do proper research or weren't honest with their surgeons about their medical history/conditions.

I'll catch h**l for this but I'm going to say it anyway. First, I do NOT work for anyone but myself and that is providing cosmetic tattooing services. I have NO association with any doctors or clinics from which i receive ANY benefit.

So here it is: Avoid Dr. Almanza at ALL cost, i dont care how attractive his prices are, how endearing his staff, or he seems to be ((i found him quite sleazy but there are those who are 'taken' by him)). He could have killed me, my insides will never be the same. If you would like to read my story just follow the link and read my posts. If not, thats fine.

I have such a bad taste for TJ, MX because of Almanza, which i know is not fair.. there are probably some very good doctors there, but he ruined it for me. He has put people in comas, had a man dropped off at the border who was near death because of Almanza. You dont have to take my word for it... look him up.

I think the doctors associated with THIS site are reputable. I will tell you the place where I found my sanctuary: the Mexicali Bariatric Center. I originally went to Dr. Aceves, who I fell in LOVE with. Unfortunately he passed in a tragic airplane crash. I had 7 friends from AK (my home) , 1 from TN, 1 from GA, 1 from FL, 2 from CA who, after seeing my wonderful results also went there and there has not been one reported negative result. Anyway,,, again, no i dont work for them, i receive nothing from them, I simply respect and love them for what they have done for me. I would go to ANY of the doctors there, and if I can ever afford skin removal, I will consult with them for a referral. It was suggested on here that I contact you after your post, and it has taken me some time to find you. I hope you will read my story. I dont want to REpost it on your thread because that really seems to piss people off. I dont spend enough time here to be acquainted with the 'rules and protocol' so I've had my butt chewed several times and been accused of being a.. cant recall what i was called, but basically they said i obviously 'worked' for a doctor and was trying to steer business away from Almanza. To that I say 'heck yeah, guilty as charged EXCEPT I work for NO doctor, nor gain any advantage'. I simply hate to see Almanza to maim, destroy, and butcher people. Are there those who would defend him???? Absolutely!!! But would you want to take that chance? Read up on him if he is one you are considering. Dont go by just my word. . This doc on here... Brechter, Brecher... not sure, but his office was incredibly helpful to me during my disaster. Best of Luck to you.

I actually went to Mexico using Bariatric Pal (This website). I had a fantastic time, and am doing really well. They've helped me along every step of the way.

I also agree w/ the posts on do your research on your doctor- Dr Almanza has horror stories out there. Google your doctor!

There are affordable self pay Dr.'s in Texas, Mexico and Las Vegas, My recommendation is do your research. For me I knew that I wanted my after surgery are to be hospital based vs a hotel or a recovery center. Do you want post nutrition care through the surgeon/booker or do you want to find your own dietician or nutritionist? Do you need it financed or can you pay all up front?

I wanted hospital after care and I can call or email the nutritionist if I need to. I also had to pay up front CC or Cashier's check. I knew all this up front and this is o.k. with me. Like I said you need to know what you want from your experience and then find a surgeon that can meet those expectations otherwise you will not feel good about surgery in another country.

My surgery went great and the surgeon, hospital staff and stay was amazing, it was the best decision I've ever made.