Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Australia... freaking out!

Absolutely. Feeling of hunger goes away when i eat, no reflux and not taking the meds. Got off the drugs asap out of hospital. Detoxing from them was the worst.

Re sleeve stretching, apparently it relaxes so increases marginally in size but it cannot be stretched, HOWEVER if you put the wrong food in it, you will gain weight. Yesterday i found i could eat soft chees triangles so i ate 4 during the day and put on 500grams. So lesson is have 1 or 2 triangles and no more. I was eating cheese because at the moment my Protein is medium as i am a vegetarian and have a post op aversion to Protein Shakes, powder, anything artificual. ATM i am eating hummus with some avocado blended in. And thinking of the glass of wine I am not having, lol.

Hey Aussiegirl, did you say you are 2 DAYS post op and eating pureed food? My Dr had me on liquid only for 2 weeks, pureed for two weeks (which is where I am now) then I have mashed for 2 weeks prior to soft solids. All this so the stomach has time to heal. I also have had a fairly smooth run. Good luck to you but confirm with your medical team that you can have pureed 2 days out please?

Yeah.... basically they had us on liquid whilst in hospital... and now we have 3 weeks pureed.

Ive tolerated pretty much everything so far no problems

Hey Aussiegirl, did you say you are 2 DAYS post op and eating pureed food? My Dr had me on liquid only for 2 weeks, pureed for two weeks (which is where I am now) then I have mashed for 2 weeks prior to soft solids. All this so the stomach has time to heal. I also have had a fairly smooth run. Good luck to you but confirm with your medical team that you can have pureed 2 days out please?

Yeah.... basically they had us on liquid whilst in hospital... and now we have 3 weeks pureed.

Ive tolerated pretty much everything so far no problems

Oh and yes... i literally triple checked with my doctor.. then the clinic and the hospital... i was really suprised.. cause even when i had my band years ago i had to do liquid.

I was on liquids for 2 weeks after my op,

then 2 weeks of purees,

then 2 weeks on soft foods,

now on 2 weeks soft/more solid phase.

I have had reflux on and off, so I am on PPIs daily for now.

Last 2 days have been tough, as the reflux was really bad, and nausea was bad. I had some Stemetil from a previous procedure, and this helped my nausea. I had to take double doses of Pariet and Somac, as the reflux was hell!

I am going back to more runny soft foods for now.

See my surgeon on Wednesday, will ask for Nexium script.

I re-discovered my Madura Premium leaf tea .... made few pots, drinking it black and it helps my poor tummy.

I am in 7th week post op.

@

I am glad you triple checked everything. You may be in the very lucky category :)

@@BCs 1000

Congratulations on your awesome results !!!

How wonderful !

And thanks for sharing that the weight comes off in spurts, but with time, the result is great.

If not for my damn thyroid disease, I would have been sleeved July 2015, last year .....

Oh well, it wasn't meant to be, so I am in recovery now.

7 weeks post op.

Cheers :)

Hi BC, thanks for seitan recipe. I had never heard of it. Im not one to use tvp but love my lentils. I saw a few other interesting recipes on that website. Thanks for the link.

I found with lentils that the Protein gram for gram was too low for me to eat enough quantity to meet my protein goals. I can still only eat about half a cup of food. I used to live on lentils and chickpeas preop. As my weight decreases, so does my protein goal so I hope I can have them back in my diet preop.

Edited by BCs 1000

BC, I am too early out (3 weeks post op) to know what will work for me yet. I will trial and error when I am allowed to eat 'food' again. I am not meeting Protein at the moment but getting 2/3 in.

No fair!!!!! I wanna be an Aussie Sleever!!! Can I be your mascot? I'm from Jacksonville, Florida and I had a bestie who taught me to drink and curse oh so eloquently. She she moved I got so sad I gained weight. :( :( Now I'm 4 days out from sleeve surgery and am super emotional for some reason. Wonder what that's about? Anyway if anyone has an extra wombat around and wants to box it up for me I can trade you a python from the Everglades! Ooooo or how about an iguana? Got lots of those. If you want something more cuddly there are gangs or raccoons who keep the checks and balances on the garbage cans here. If no wombat I will take a platypus or very small kangaroo. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hahah jaxmom.. we welcome anyone who drinks and curses well.... you are officially an aussie now lol

I think its perfectly normal to be emotional a few days out.

Its a big change and adjustment... not only are you learning to eat again... you are also recovering as well as detoxing.

Just ride the wave... let the crazy emotional lady free... cry at kleenex comercials if you must... Remember it is only temporary it will pass

@@jaxmom

I'd love a raccoon !!! I would name him "Rocky", as in Rocky Raccoon .....

Hope you are feeling better soon.

4 days out is really super soon to feel fantastic. Give it time, rest, cry if you need to, and look after yourself.

Yes, as mentioned above, it will pass ....

You know, I have been to so many places in the USA, and practically lived in LA at a long stage.

I flew internationally for Qantas, for many years. Loved coming to the US :)

Never been to Florida, though ....

I guess, climate is very similar, as Queensland is very humid and hot in the summers.

Take care, sending you hugs :)

I'm 2.5 years out and have lost 50kg. Good Luck to each of you waiting for your surgery and well done to those that are on their way.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App