Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Australia... freaking out!

Eastern suburbs Sydney :)

Best of luck OP. My sleeve is the bomb and was the best decision I ever made.

Well.... its done... i am officially post op!!!

Doing quite well surprisingly

@

Awesome ! Well done !!!

Glad you are doing well :)

The new chapter has started ! Best Wishes to you :)

Hi, @@aussiecosy, greetings from the Goldy Coast to the Sunny Coast.

I actually lived on Bribie Island, after my move from Sydney. Used to visit Noosa frequently, and enjoyed the Rainbow Beach 4WD on the way up,and on the way down ....

@@mmy

Best of luck for the 30th April.

Hope all goes well for you!

@@aussiecosy

Will do! And if you are down my way, please let me know. coffee sounds great :)

Hey cockroaches, (another footy term, not being rude), had the sleeve 3 weeks ago in Brisbane and doing fine. I was outside theatre saying to myself, i can just get off the bed and walk out and they wont stop me. Might arrest me for open backed gown but i can go if i like. Well, it wasnt too bad after all. First week is a challenge as it would be after any surgery. I ate everything they told me to and got sick and have an aversion to Protein Powder now, but it all works out. I found alternatives, melted and blended parmesan cheese i Soup. We have wonderful surgeons in Oz, so just do your research, abide by the rules and good luck in Origin.

I am starting to think my surgeon played a trick on me.... i havent had any nausea or any of the normal complaints everyone has and i am able to get my fluids in.... weird.... i am only 1 day out... is it just a honeymoon phase and once im on solids my tummy will wreak havoc?

@@FinallyFree!

I love Origin talk...

I'll be looking for you!!!

And for all - if anyone is considering travelling for surgery, please check out Charlie Mosse here in Canberra...

He's pretty damn good!!!

Also, if you're ever in the area (why would you be??), let me know and we'll do coffee...

@

Congratulations on the surgery and no dramas post op!

I only had little nausea, perhaps once in the hospital, and tolerated my drinks well.

I only had little pain, and was aware of sips going down my oesophagus.

My large drain tube hurt the most, and It was a relief to have it taken out later.

Not everyone gets a drain tube though.

I am on more solid phase now, started last Wednesday, and yesterday and today I have really bad Reflux. Even my anti-reflux med is not really working.

I am seeing my surgeon next week, and will ask for a different script.

I stick to my allowed food and measures, chew slowly, eat slowly, and the reflux doesn't care about that.

Not everyone gets reflux either.

@@FinallyFree!

Congrats on your op! Yes, we do have wonderful surgeons here! :)

One day at a time Aussiegirl. I am glad you are having no complications. Just be kind to yourself and your new sleeve and dont rush things. I am 3 weeks post op and not even trying to lose weight but concentrating on getting well. I feel a bit hungry but it is mostly head hunger. The scales are dropping slowly, 13kg since start of opti but i would rather lose slowly as i am hoping less chance of gallbladder problems and Hair loss, thats my theory anyway. It will be a little harder when you get home but just follow your Drs rules and you will be fine. We will all be in the surf by Christmas!

Every little bit adds up. I have had some huge weeks of up to 4kg losses and then some weeks where I stay the same or only lose 100g. But seven months out it has added up to more than 50kg :) :) :). The first month or two felt long and like I wasn't progressing much, but then it has been like a freight train.

2kg more to lose and I will be in the healthy weight range.

Its strange though...

Im expecting everything to be more complicated.

I dont have any issues swallowing (im on the pureed stage) since i left hospital 2 days ago...

I can eat... drink.. have had pureed meat.. yoghurt... Cereal.. etc and no problems at all.

BMs are regular and normal... not on any pain meds or anti nausea meds either... literally just eating and watching tv and walking.

Am i the abnormal one?? Cause.i expected at least something or did i just work myself up pre op