Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys who started over 400 lbs.

@sgc I know you've worked out consistently before and after surgery. How do you split your exercise between cardio and strength training?

48 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

@sgc I know you've worked out consistently before and after surgery. How do you split your exercise between cardio and strength training?

My strength training has been on and off. I started doing it and I just get pains so I quit. I'm getting skin surgery soon. After I have that done, I'm going to work with a trainer. My doctor thinks I probably won't even weigh 160 after the skin removal. I'll focus heavily on strength training and try get back up to 180. Not going to lie, I would rather be in a position where I had to gain weight than lose weight.

scale read 399 today. First time in 6 years to see the 3's. Feeling pretty good about that one.

scale read 399 today. First time in 6 years to see the 3's. Feeling pretty good about that one.

Just hit the 350s here. Started at 640. It feels awesome don't it?! I can't wait to hit the 2's.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my sleeve on 8/9/2017 and doing great. Started 481 (college I was 215 ugh). Down 50 with pre-op and first week. Looking to hit under 400 by Halloween!!

SW: 481
CW: 434
GW: 230

Sleeved 8/9/2017

12 minutes ago, bill1130 said:

Any one where compression shirts .. I'm at 350 from 583 I need something to help hold everything in places during work out and stuff any one have any suggestions ???

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried compression shirts, but I never found ones that worked well for me. They would constantly roll up on me, which was uncomfortable and kind of defeated the point. I had better luck with high waist compression briefs like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1C8FKG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried compression shirts, but I never found ones that worked well for me. They would constantly roll up on me, which was uncomfortable and kind of defeated the point. I had better luck with high waist compression briefs like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D1C8FKG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you

On 8/28/2017 at 9:37 PM, bill1130 said:

Any one where compression shirts .. I'm at 350 from 583 I need something to help hold everything in places during work out and stuff any one have any suggestions ???

I like these shirts https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXBWT5O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 8/28/2017 at 9:51 PM, Thucydides said:

I use these suspenders to prevent the shirt from rolling up https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DZXUH4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm about 10 months out and have hit a self-induced stall. Unfortunately, I've learned I can eat virtually anything without real repercussion. Fairly active on the weekends, but I lost steam during the workweek. Considering a personal trainer for a couple weeknight appointments. Really focusing on weighing my food (why do I need 7 oz. when 4 or 5 will keep me satisfied?) and packing Snacks I enjoy for long workdays.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ignatius said:

I'm about 10 months out and have hit a self-induced stall. Unfortunately, I've learned I can eat virtually anything without real repercussion. Fairly active on the weekends, but I lost steam during the workweek. Considering a personal trainer for a couple weeknight appointments. Really focusing on weighing my food (why do I need 7 oz. when 4 or 5 will keep me satisfied?) and packing Snacks I enjoy for long workdays.

I set up a strict routine where I eat the same foods on each day of the week. It worked and I never hit a stall and actually lost maybe too much. Now that I'm looking to maintain and possibly gain, I've added a little more calories and Protein to the routine. If I notice I'm gaining to much, I have a proven routine in place that I can always go back to.

Friday I go for skin removal surgery. Having a lower body lift and Tummy Tuck did. Finally will have a normal waist line. Not getting my chest or arms done, at least not yet. Still going to wear a chest binder as my chest really isn't that bed. My arms meanwhile are a different story. I've started to just wear long sleeve shirts and roll the sleeves up to my elbows. I would like to wear short sleeve shirts some day. Anyone know if there is such a thing as compression sleeves for upper arms that are flesh colored? Something from my elbow to my shoulder. Doesn't matter I guess if it's made or men or women.

21 hours ago, sgc said:

Friday I go for skin removal surgery. Having a lower body lift and Tummy Tuck did. Finally will have a normal waist line. Not getting my chest or arms done, at least not yet. Still going to wear a chest binder as my chest really isn't that bed. My arms meanwhile are a different story. I've started to just wear long sleeve shirts and roll the sleeves up to my elbows. I would like to wear short sleeve shirts some day. Anyone know if there is such a thing as compression sleeves for upper arms that are flesh colored? Something from my elbow to my shoulder. Doesn't matter I guess if it's made or men or women.

Good luck with your surgery. Would love to here how it goes for you. I'm considering a LBL for 2018 and would appreciate hearing about your experience.

HI All I'm bout a month away and Im still trying to figure out if I want the sleeve or Gastric Bypass looking at this forum I see that the sleeve guys have some huge losses What made you go with the Sleeve ?

I would recommend sleeve. Bypass is for life. The weight will come off either way. The lifestyle changes will be the same and no dumping with the sleeve.

Good luck!