Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have to Brag

Good job! I'm running a 1/2 marathon on April 9 (I think that's the date) so my last long run was this weekend. I'm also doing the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon at Disneyland on Mother's day. Glad you're training is going so well. I remember when you first posted about it and wanted to know if you were crazy! We told you it would be good! Good luck with the rest of your training!!

You were right! It seemed so impossible at the time, but now it is within reach. Crazy what our bodies can do when we push them! I'm just being super cautious to avoid injury. I always do a proper warm up and cool down. I have an extensive stretching routine I do after each run. And I always elevate and ice my knees for 15-20 minutes after each run. As long as I take care of my knees, they will get me where I need to go.

yes - but I have to admit, I have a dog, and a treadmill, so I have been walking for a long time. I didn't start this new after surgery. :-) however, I find it much easier to walk longer, faster and my distance has doubled easily since surgery. it feels GREAT! and the pup is very happy.

Edited by Christinamo7

WooHoo!!!

That is a dream for me one day! You are living inspiration! =D

Great job! I walk 6 miles a day and just started jogging for one minute every 5 of the walk. I can't push it too much because of bad knees, but it sure is easier now than before the weight loss.

I am going to have to start following your running threads. Way to go, good luck with the half!

You brag away! It's an absolutely amazing accomplishment!!

Jamie, I'm so proud of you!

Great job!!!

Much respect !!!!!

Keep on lighting the way ahead for us all.