Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Whoa!! 142?? I would love to weigh that right now!!! so cool!

Eva, I completely understand the stuck thing. My problems with the band are related to medication that either gets stuck or is irritating. When I had a good fill there were days that only warm milk or Soup could make it through. It felt like my stomach was in danger. So I quit taking most all medications, including allergy/asthma pills, thyroid and hormones, and an anti-depressant. It has not been cool. No wonder I don't feel right! My regular doctor doesn't even know I quit. (I'm a bad patient!) I just felt my stomach needed to heal!

<p>Boo...yep stuck food/meds suck, with meds it happened to me once and I felt like Im going to die:-(</p> <p>I think you are really brave that you quit all the medications, Im on antidepressants and if I forget to take them or take them later (hours) then normally my head spins etc.I take thyroid pills as well but they are tiny so it doesnt bother me.</p> <p> </p> <p>Ok yesterday I went to se the doc and I gained 3kgs of fat!!!! what a terrible thing. I spoke to her about my trainers reccomendations and she told me that she is completly wrong and that I should eat max.1200 cals a day (my trainer pushed me close to 1700), eat everything just small portions and instead of weight lifting I should only do aerobic excercises. My trainer always told me how I need to weightlift etc that my body is going to burn more but the doc informed me that its not completly true, that the muscle is good when you make some diet mistake (chocolate etc.) that its not going to turn up on your butt but you are not burning more cals daily cause of the muscles (Im not sure if I explained it right:-) the doc also told me that Im not going to end up with loose skin or Jello body if I only do aerobics cause the muscles work enough.I should start weightlifting once Im close to my goal.</p> <p> </p> <p>We will see I have another appointment with her in 3 months so hopefully she is right and Im going to be FINALLY under 89kgs.</p>

Eficka,

For what it's work (probably not much, haha), I'm totally with your doctor. Lower your calories. Increase your cardio. Trainers get it wrong when they encourage the formerly morbidly obese to eat more. Low calories and high cardio leads to the very best weight loss in 99% of us. Woohoo! Go Eva!!!

OK Guys, pardon my "French" but SCREW THIS MESSING AROUND. I'm going for GOAL and I'm going for it NOW.

I've decided to low carb it for a few days and see if I can take off these SIX POUNDS I have until goal. I've never low carbed before, so I bet my body will respond to it (with Water loss if nothing else). And it's the weekend and even though I have to work, I can get in a LOT of cardio over the next few days.

GOAL GOAL GOAL. I'm going to get there in the next 2 weeks -- mark my words!

So, ladies, what are we going to do to Celebrate when I make it?? Are we going to have an e-party??? I need something to look forward to!! Woohoo!!! Cheer me on. SIX MORE POUNDS!!!!!!!

Hell, I'm giving MYSELF some dancing bananas for motivation!!!

:Banane10::Banane10::):Banane20::bananajump::eek::Banane18::Banane28::Banane28::Banane17::Banane17::Banane49::Banane49::Banane48::Banane48:

OK Guys, pardon my "French" but SCREW THIS MESSING AROUND. I'm going for GOAL and I'm going for it NOW.

I've decided to low carb it for a few days and see if I can take off these SIX POUNDS I have until goal. I've never low carbed before, so I bet my body will respond to it (with Water loss if nothing else). And it's the weekend and even though I have to work, I can get in a LOT of cardio over the next few days.

GOAL GOAL GOAL. I'm going to get there in the next 2 weeks -- mark my words!

So, ladies, what are we going to do to Celebrate when I make it?? Are we going to have an e-party??? I need something to look forward to!! Woohoo!!! Cheer me on. SIX MORE POUNDS!!!!!!!

Hell, I'm giving MYSELF some dancing bananas for motivation!!!

:Banane10::Banane10::):Banane20::bananajump::eek::Banane18::Banane28::Banane28::Banane17::Banane17::Banane49::Banane49::Banane48::Banane48:

Love it, love it, love it!!! hahahahaha!!!

Hey, I'm giving you some bananas for weighing in at 142! You can EASILY shave off six pounds. You didn't come all this way and run thousands of miles to stop 6 whimpy pounds short of goal.

COME ON, JULIE!!!! This is the final stretch of the weight-loss marathon. Not only are New Yorkers cheering you on, but friends from all over the world, here in our little corner of lapbandtalk are counting on you. We want to catch the downdrift(?) and run in your shadow!! GO! GO! GO!

Maybe we can hex your scale, too!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::Banane17::Banane41::Banane49::Banane41::Banane48::Banane41::Banane28::Banane41::Banane41::Banane41::Banane41::Banane41::):bananalama::Banane20::bananalama::eek::bananalama::Banane29::Banane29::Banane10::Banane50:

Julie Im in with you I decided that Im gonna reach my goal and Im going to sacriface it everything (even the food...lol)I cant wait to fit into my new skinny jeans.

Thank God I went to that doc and got everything explained...my trainer means it well but she havent studeied it and she just doesnt have an experience with people who have a band so she just ignors the band

COME ON, JULIE!!!! This is the final stretch of the weight-loss marathon. Not only are New Yorkers cheering you on, but friends from all over the world, here in our little corner of lapbandtalk are counting on you. We want to catch the downdrift(?) and run in your shadow!! GO! GO! GO! Maybe we can hex your scale, too!

OK, here we are, FIVE POUNDS TO GO. The low carb helped me with a pound and a half overnight (I completely know it'll come back when I start eating carbs again -- I don't care -- I just wanna see 136 even if it's just for a second.)

Dancing bananas for every pound.

:):Banane25::):Banane45::);):Banane22::):woot::P

For those of you who don't follow my PS thread, I can't stand it not to post this pic for added self-motivation (I guess I think I look hot -- haha!)

post-206404-13813135995184_thumb.jpg

Wooooooohoooooooo Julie - you look SEXXXXXXY...........you look gorgeous................you look like a $1,000,000 bucks!

Eva - so happy to see you back here............go Eva..........

I'm down 2 lbs! (can't compete with that Julie girlie - but who can????) and I'm on a roll. That's in 2 weeks, but a week of that was in Las Vegas - yippee - I'm back on track. OK Julie, what are you eating - just low fat Protein and veggies??? I need to join you................if you can do it I can...............oh, my G.......... bandchild of mine............5lbs to goal!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed 136 once when I was about your age for about 5 minutes (you need to beat me on that one - a lifetime of 136 - go Julie).

I'm exercising (gym or walking) every day and I feel great!

Having my kids over for a little Chanukah party tonight - so gotta go clean my toilets before they get here............had a doggie sitter here while we were in Las Vegas and she loves the doggies, but is a slob!

OK Julie, what are you eating - just low fat Protein and veggies??? I need to join you................if you can do it I can...............oh, my G.......... bandchild of mine............5lbs to goal!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed 136 once when I was about your age for about 5 minutes (you need to beat me on that one - a lifetime of 136 - go Julie).

First of, WOOHOO Betty for being on track even while in Vegas! 2 lbs is awesome. Yes, Betty, all I'm eating until I get to goal is low fat protein and low carb veggies. Today I had 2 lattes (I'm an addict), a can of tuna with LF mayo, pickles and broccoli, a 100 cal pack of almonds (not so low fat, but I needed them for my run), and 2 packs of string cheese. I also ran 14 miles. Goal is MINE, darn it, MINE. COME ON GOAL. (Of course 3 days ago I ate 2 donuts, so it's not a perfect system, but I'm trying to hang in there as long as I can with this low carb thing).

Julie, look at your expression in the photo. Your body looks perfect and your expression is the cool kind of sexy. Now is the time for retribution! We need to throw a party for you and invite all the guys you have had "crushes" on that have been jerks! hahaha! That would be quite a scene. You can wear your sexy black dress, toss your sleek dark hair and then shoot them a look like in your photo. Look out NY, Julie is almost 136!

I predict that by FRIDAY, you will be 137!!!!

GO, GO, GO, GO!

BETTY, great job LOSING in VEGAS! That is the best way to lose there!

Eficka, you almost have on the low carb diet, too. I'm ALMOST there!!

oops! I can't edit so here:

Eficka, you almost have ME on the low carb diet, too. I'm ALMOST there!!

Hi I'm back...

Life has been tough... freezing rain for my half so that decided to only do a 10 km... I did it but was not happy with my results. I have been eating a little too much... Peter's mom (my dh) fell and broke her hip so we have been in primary care of dad for the past week. What a holiday!!! But oh well. I'll let you know what the scales says when I am back in Kuujjuaq. I had a glorious 14 km run on Saturday to make me believe!!!

I hope you all are well. Julie you look so good it makes me sick!!!!!

Bye,

Dawn