Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Challenge! Go for the Gold!

Hello New Friends and April '06 Bandsters!

Here we are, once again, setting our exercise goals for the month! We have truly built a successful support group here. Many of us have fully integrated exercise into our daily life. Can we now live without our monthly challenge and without each other's support?? NO!!

SO, I'm starting it back up again. We can take turns each month hosting, or run this thread however we choose. (As much as we LOVE JulieNYC's "Passing for Thin" thread and can't get enough of it, some of us were missing the challenge of our exercise thread.)

In keeping with our prior goals, PLEASE log the number of workouts per month (approximately 20). Each session should be at least 45 minutes in length, but at this point could be of your own choosing. We want to inspire each other, while also finding the motivation to be self-driven. So, set your own goals!! BUT YOU MUST REPORT THEM HERE!!

Let's add some extra elements into our workouts that we have tried in the past such as, try a NEW activity at least once a month, and make sure to spend additional time to STRETCH before and after each workout.

So, Ladies, ready, set, GO!!!!!

GO for the GOLD!

(This thread is open to anyone who would like to join in)

OK Boo Boo................

I'm going for the Gold .............my challenge - at least 23 days of at least 1 hour each session!

I'm going to try this new dance exercise class called Zumba this coming Friday - I actually took an intro to it a couple of weeks agao.........a fun latin dance class.............offered at my gym each Friday......let you all know how it goes.

Today we walked to and fro Breakfast (about a 3 mile round trip) - Alan and I shared a veggy omlette (I got about 1/4th of it) and then worked (hard) in the yard for about 2 1/2 hours............oh, my aching back!

I received my Bodybugg today and am going to try and set it up tomorrow or the next day...............if I can't figure it out - I have a telephone appt with the people from Bodybugg for next Thurs.

I'm in as well, Boo! I'm also "going for the gold" of 23 sesions this month, as I begin the next phase of my marathon training. My crush is trying to convince me to join his boxing gym as well, as he promises it's the best workout ever. We'll see about that. I don't know if I can fit it in while training, but maybe once November 4th is behind me.

So, today I ran 10 miles. I'm off to update my August exercise ticker!

Take care, Julie

Had a fun day using my Bodybugg! Did an extra hour of walking this eve so I could make my 2400 calorie's burned...........did not quite get there, but close.........and did just around 800 calories intake - trying to keep 800 - 1200 calories daily. I'm excited about my new toy! Julie, Dawn, Boo - here I come...............I think!

Hey Betty, tomorrow you can show me your BodyBugg! That will be fun.

Julie, I am in awe of the 10 miles. I'm not there yet.

Today I ran 5 miles on rolling hills around the golf course. Then I swam in the lake. I just got back from dancing with my husband, so I have had a good day!

Tomorrow I am going to Betty's house!!!

Julie, I JUST realized that you have lost 200 pounds...I'm sitting here crying. I'm so proud of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo viewpost.gif

Julie, I JUST realized that you have lost 200 pounds...I'm sitting here crying. I'm so proud of you.

Thanks, Boo. I cried all day Friday. Then I flew to NC for my Goddaughter's 4th birthday party, so I was distracted all weekend, and today I weeded through my closet again, as I changed sizes last week. It's time to shop again, because I have so few things in a SIZE EIGHT or sometimes a SMALL. Small -- what does that even mean? It can't be a clothing size that real people wear. And, if I wear an 8 or a small (sometimes a medium, of course) at 150-something, what in world am I going to wear 30 lbs and a thigh lift from now?!? I know they SAY some people wear an XS -- that can't POSSIBLY be my future.

Anyway, back to exercise. I wasn't supposed to run today because you're not supposed to run the day after a long run. So, I did a cardio circuit. I jumped rope 200 times in a row, then did something strength training (pushups, situps, etc.), then 200 jump rope, etc. for 45 minutes. Boy was I sweaty! It was a good workout though. I would definitely do it again.

Tomorrow morning, a 4 mile run. Can't wait! I got some new workout clothes at Target this weekend. I desparately needed them.

Betty, I want to hear more about your bugg! I'm taking a break from mine tomorrow, but only because my outfit is so cute that I don't want to disrupt it. :)

Have a good week.

hello my favourite ladies:-)

Im going for 18 sessions each at least 60minutes:-) I guess its something like super bronze or something:-)

I must start up my losing again and truly Julie you really motivated me you have lost 200pounds wow thats just plain amazing!! I need to lose "just" 50 now but its the hardest 50 pounds I guess, but my problem is more about staying motivated and concetrated on my weightloss.

Im going to the gym today:-)

Eficka, you can do it! This is your month. Do you do well with weight goals? If so, set a weight goal -- maybe 6 or 7 lbs for the month. Think how close that will get you to goal!

Ladies, I was daydreaming about an April 2006 bandster trip (maybe a 4 day weekend) to Paris for when the last one of us hits goal. Pipe dream or possibility? Probably pipe dream, given how many of you are on the west coast.

I got in my 4 miles this morning and I'm jonesing for more. It's hard for me to "just" run 4 miles anymore. I really am a distance runner. I feel like crap for the first 3 miles nearly every time, then I start to feel super. So, when I do a 4 miler, I don't get a high enough "super" to "crap" ratio! Alas, they say in marathon training that the worst thing to do is exceed the miles on your training chart (risk of injury), so I won't, but urg. I might do a second workout tonight. I've been wanting to try the rowing machine at my gym. I need back muscles!

So, I think it's time to face the fact that I need a port replacement. My port sticks out so much that I keep hitting it and it's very sore. It keeps me from doing the situps I'd like to be working into my routine, and it's actually bothering me when I sleep (I'm a stomach sleeper).

Julie - and all............so far I love my Bodybugg. It's been my charge-up that I needed! So far a great toy! The first couple of days I needed some more calories burned to attain my deficit goal and went out and walked in the eve..........and I'm logging calories with it.............Hope this is the help I need to get down to my goal (whatever that might be???).

Julie loved your idea about a trip - I just posted on the Passing thread about a possible trip for us all to an exercise spa - week or long week-end sometimes next year............we're on the same wave length.

Had so much fun with Boo on Sunday - so happy she came down from Seattle (on her vacation) to visit with me (she got the whole family - had a couple of grandkids around and Alan).

Julie I think the relaxed atmosphere of having her here in my home helped for us two computer buds to relate a bit better than sitting in a noisy restaurant..............we need another chance to hug, kiss, laugh and be ourselves - OK? So when are you coming? Maybe we can get Boo back to join us? We talked about this before, we can have the exercise spa at my house even..................I've got the gym 5 minutes away!!!! You are all invited!!!! So, when are we going to do it? Dawn, Efica????

Well, I didn't get in a second workout, but I did walk home from work (3 miles) in the sweltering heat, so that counts for something. I also got out the pliers and adjusted my jump rope to the right length. It's not really adjustable, but I took it apart and made it adjustable! I've been thinking about getting a rope with weighted handles. Has anyone used one before?

Betty, I have no doubt you and I would relate well at your house -- let's do it! Spa weekend at Betty's!

Thank you Julie,

my litlle goal for this month and its 7 ponuds, if I make it Im gonna be finally under 90kgs:-)

I did work out yesterday for 90 minutes:-)and today I have lesson with my trainer and in the evening a long walk with my friend:-)

Now I have to concentrate on my food, I was pretty good yesterday and today so so (eating pretty healthy but more then I should), but its not the end of the day and I will be good:-)

Boo you go girl:-)you are only 23lbs from your goal wow!!!

Guysis I admire you!

You can do it Eficka -- GO EFICKA!!! 89 kilos, here you come!!! There will be dancing bananas for you at the finish line! Woohoo!!!

I've got to get in 7 miles tonight, so I'm here at work early. My shoulders are really sore today and I'm not sure why. I think I "need" a massage.

Wink.

I am such a hurtin Grammy! Didn't sit down yesterday..........went to the gym for 1 1/2 hour of torture (not really), then walked all over the outlet mall with my 15 year old visiting grandaughter Lindsey, then in the eve picked up a couple more grandkids and walked to Breakfast (for dinner) at our usual place and then continued on to the movies - walking of course - saw "Underdog" with the kids and had ice cream (oh, no) and walked home! Came home and uploaded my BB and lo and behold I had over 2500 calories used and about 1500 + (too much for me I think - but I was still neg approx 1000 calories) in so I still came out way ahead................we shall see, I hid the scale - only going to weigh on Sat - once a week - like I did the whole time I lost good........I'm hyped that my little toy is going to help!

So, how about Spring Time in the NW at Betty's? Who's in?

Well, all the books say you're bound to have one really bad run during your marathon training and boy were they right -- tonight was it. I DRAGGED through my 7 miles, which is unfortunate, because I was so looking forward to it. I know what I did wrong -- I hadn't eaten enough today and I didn't eat much yesterday, so I didn't have any nutrition in my system to fuel me. I wound up with stomach cramps and couldn't get in any Water because of the nausia, so I had to walk more than a mile in the middle to recover. Oh well. Live and learn.