Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 07 Roll Call

I was banded on September 28 and have lost 64 pounds. I work out 7 times a week and feel great. Best decision I have ever made in my life. Keep up the good work everyone!!!!

I was banded September 25, 2007. I have lost 81.4 pounds since banding and 124.4 since June 12, 2007 (when I committed to the journey).

I entered Onederland last week, which was something I didn't think was possible. I am seriously considering lowering my goal weight. After all, the only reason I picked 180 is that it was less than 200 :P.

coolrn, Just curious, why did you do the TT and BL before at goal?? Not that i wouldn't love to go ahead and do it myself. I am a self pay though so it may never happen for me anyway.

jjsmiles, what is your secret?? I banded on the same day as you and have only lost almost 60 lbs. I know 60 is great, but it has not come easy at all. I'm doing Water aerobics at least 5 classes a week, weight training a couple days a week. I know that I have gained alot of muscle, but the weight is just not coming off as fast as i'd like. Did you have major restriction in your band from the beginning? Any advice would be appreciated. Feel free to private message me or post your response here. Thanks in advance. Karen

kmmhmomof4,

I wanted to wear a swimsuit this summer whithout my breasts hanging down to my belly button. And, we had the money so just decided to go for it.

Also, had to do it before my husband had other uses for the money.

I am happy with my weight now, another 10 pounds would be nice. But, I'm not in any hurry. :lol:

Gothcha, know what your mean about husband finding other uses for the $$. Mine certainly would be able to quickly. Enjoy your summer with your new body. Best wishes on the last 10 lbs.

Hi Karen

You are doing great - 60 pounds is right where you should be! I know it is hard not to compare yourself to others (I look at those that have lost 100 plus pounds in the same or less time and wonder how they do it).

I don't have any secrets, but probably my "key" word is "awareness". Before I got involved in my journey, if I thought of food, I ate. If I wasn't thinking about food, I still ate. I was totally oblivious to what and how much I was eating. I am single and what I put in my body did not resemble healthy food in any way. I ate high fat, high sugar convenience food as the majority of my diet and in massive quantities.

I think my weight loss really kicked in because my body went into shock when I stopped feeding it with sugar and fat on a 24/7 basis :drool:. I now choose healthy, relatively natural food about 90% of the time, and I document everything I eat (including quantities). I do this for 2 reasons - one to make me accountable to myself (if I write it down, it can't be unconscious and I am making a choice to eat it), and 2, so I can keep track of what I am actually eating.

I try to eat between 1000-1200 calories most days, although I don't sweat it if I eat more. When I go out to a restaurant, if possible I try to plan what I am going to order before I go, so that I won't be tempted by the bacon cheeseburger with fries and gravy.

I am NOT doing low carb. I am consciously trying to eat the way I plan to eat for the rest of my life, which includes all food groups (and I still consider chocolate and pizza food groups :().

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and have worked up to a routine of hard cardio (60-100 minutes on combination eliptical and treadmill) and 24 minute sprint circuit. During my cardio, I am up to at least 4.5 miles per session, and have gone up to 7 miles.

In terms of restriction - I have never been really restricted (at least not to the point where I have trouble eating solid foods). I have had 2 fills and have 7 cc's in a 10 cc band. I rarely have trouble eating any food, including hard Protein, bread and Pasta. I still can easily eat 1 1/2 cups of food at once (3-4 oz of Protein and about a cup of vegetables).

As long as this works for me, I don't want to be more restricted. The band helps me stay satisfied for hours after I eat (although I still battle head hunger and always plan for an evening snack or two as this is my "trouble" time).

Two things that I am not very healthy with: I am now really addicted to sea salt and coffee. My blood pressure is actually quite low, but I have found that I really crave salt, on everything. I also drink at least one large (like 20 oz) cup of black coffee with splenda every day, sometimes even two :eek:.

I try to drink at least 8 glasses of Water every day, but besides coffee, that is about all I drink. Liquor is kind of a waste on me (I don't really like the taste), so fortunately I don't have to account for wine or spirits in my life.

Sorry for the novel.

Remember you are doing great and you have achieved phenomenal success in the last 8 months. When you get down - just think- where would I be if I were 60 (or 80 or 100) pounds heavier?

PS Karen

If you want to see a progress picture, I did post pictures yesterday on the "before and after picture" thread in the general support forum.

I am no great beauty, but I am proud of my progression!!

Jacquie

I was banded Sept 24, 07 and have lost 52 lbs. I just had my 4th band fill and am now at 4ccs. We've been taking it slow and I am happy with that. I can and do eat most things, just a lot less of it. Only get stuck occasionally (not fun) and never PB or vomit. I'm half way to where I want to be by next summer. I feel great and can do so much more. I joined the gym about 3 weeks ago to boost the weight loss and am surprised at the things I am able to do that I never would have considered a year ago. I just gave my "fat clothes" to a friend who had her lap-band last week! Keep up the good work everyone.

I have lost 94 lbs and am so close to 100 lbs. Only 10 more lbs and I will be in ONEderland!!! I can't wait!!

Hello Lisa...I know right where Berryville is....we have friends out there we visit.

Just wondering...do you have a support group you attend?

I'm really wanting to start hooking up with a group somewhere.

Skatkat/Kathy

You are inspiring. My commitment date was May 3, 2007 with my surgery being on Sept. 5, 2007. Since May 3rd I have lost 93 pounds but I've stayed same for about 3 months now. My eating habits got off track and also my exercise routine. Got up this morning and started on the treadmill again - gotta get back on track. Exercise is key - I know it is vital to success along with better eating choices of course. Had to chuckle to myself because my goal is 180 also for the same reason! Thanks for your posting - great job!