Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A bagel has WAY more empty calories and carbs than thin crust pizza dough.

If you're going to fornicate with slider foods, you should learn more about them.

;)

@@Kindle i know i guess it is what it is..ive been doing so good lost 32 lbs so far...i guess i beat myself up when it comes to eating right its ok to treat myself sometimes just not make it a habit or ill be right bacl like i started at 243 lbs dont want to ever see that number again

I ate pizza. Thin crust and new york style. I couldn't eat much, but I think I've had it about 4 times since my surgery. I made up my mind very early on to, if presented with a serious urge, to indulge rather than engage in old patterns of deprivation followed by binging. It worked, and pizza isn't really interesting to me anymore (I haven't had a slice in about 3 months).

It's all up you, your triggers, your strategy for tackling weight loss, and what you believe you can handle.

@@Kindle i know i guess it is what it is..ive been doing so good lost 32 lbs so far...i guess i beat myself up when it comes to eating right its ok to treat myself sometimes just not make it a habit or ill be right bacl like i started at 243 lbs dont want to ever see that number again

But that's my point, meat, cheese, tomatoes and veggie toppings ARE eating right. It's only the crust that makes pizza "wrong". Everyone raves about the ricotta bake, which is basically a cheese pizza sans crust. Add some pepperoni or sausage or Canadian bacon and you've just upped your Protein.< /p>

Try Palermo frozen pizza, ranges from 250 to 310 per serving(1/3 pizza) depending on style. It is a very thin crust and carbs are low for pizza. I usually can't do 1/3 so I cut in to 1/4's (while it's still frozen and freeze the rest) for a slightly smaller portion and lower calories and carbs. I'll usually have once a week as a treat. Not in every store but you can search for a store on there website.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using BariatricPal

I make pizza on top of portabello mushrooms...

Make a pizza on a low carb tortilla. Makes a great thin crust pizza!

Make a pizza on a low carb tortilla. Makes a great thin crust pizza!

See, I wish I could do this, but since my surgery, tortilla/flatbread makes me nauseous. I can't eat it. It just disgusts me now. I actually had better luck just indulging in a slice on NY pizza a couple times and then deciding I could do without it.

I've had a slice about 8wks out and a month later just had another slice. I'm not beating myself up over it nor am I here eating a whole pizza pie like I would have in the past. If it slows my progress so be it, but at least I at it and got it off of my mind. To me the calories are worth it and I know I'll work it off. Will my progress slow...probably but doesn't mean it won't stop.

@@mrslopez,

The others have brought up some good points. Can you have just a small amount of pizza, or will it be a trigger for more pizza plus maybe additional junk foods?

If you DO choose to have pizza with crust, be sure you take only a TINY amount the first time. You want to make sure you can tolerate it. Otherwise, you can get pretty sick. Once you’re sure you can tolerate it, then the next time maybe you can try having the amount you’d planned, like a half a slice or a slice. Put it on a plate, put the rest away, and sit down at the table to eat it.

Also, you might think about making it a little less bad by getting light cheese, or none, or maybe just a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, plus no pepperoni or sausage. Load up on veggies and extra sauce.

And enjoy!

My surgeon doesn't allow any type of bread, cracker, tortilla, muffin, bagel, etc., until six months out. He's had to go in too many times and retrieve the gooey ball that is formed, and blocks the sleeve.

I'm six months now, and I no longer have any desire for those things. For me, it would be a slippery slope though. I think once I started, I wouldn't be able to stop. And that fear is what keeps me where I need to be.

IMHO (and I know it won't work for everyone), I think you can break old cravings if you hold out longer. I'm at six months now, and I have no cravings whatsoever. food has become boring. And that's what I want - food to be boring, not exciting, not something I crave, nada.

My surgeon doesn't allow any type of bread, cracker, tortilla, muffin, bagel, etc., until six months out. He's had to go in too many times and retrieve the gooey ball that is formed, and blocks the sleeve.

I have literally NEVER heard of that happening.

Has anyone else ever heard of that?

Honestly, that sounds like an old wives' tale -- or something he says to scare patients into not eating slider foods during the honeymoon weight loss period.

Yeah I have been reading weight loss forums for almost 10 years and have never heard this story, ever. Or seen doctors talk about it, even when they tell their scare tactic stories. Stomach acid is way to strong for bread/dough to stick in the stomach long enough to prep for surgery.

A real thin crust pizza will act like crackers in your stomach, so you have to be careful because you can eat a lot of it.

Palermos is a good example of a pizza with a super thin crisp crust.

Maybe so. I didn't want to be the one to test it though.