Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG- A Day in the Life 4 Years out

Since I am considered a "Weight loss or VSG Veteran" I have been asked many questions. All of which are valid and important to ask! I had many of the same questions myself. SO I figured I would create this post to explain a day in my life now, almost 4 years out.

• 5:00 a.m. -I wake up and take a b-12, one a day women's, and Iron supplement.
  • 5:15 a.m.- I start my mornings off with an 8 ounce glass of Orange juice (trop-cal 50 with calcium).
  • 6:30 a.m.- For Breakfast I drink a Premiere Protein Shake (11 ounces) and a piece of fruit, usually an apple or banana.< /li>
  • 9:00 a.m.- For my morning snack I eat some grapes/cheerios/mixed nuts etc
  • 11:30 a.m.- For lunch I eat 4 ounces of a lean meat (chicken/turkey/fish) 1/2 cup of veggies, 1/2 cup of carbs
  • 2:00 p.m.- For my afternoon snack I might have (lite string cheese/jerky/a piece of fruit)
  • 3:30 p.m.- I will eat a cliff or Protein Bar before my workout.
  • 4:00- 5:30 p.m.- I work out at the gym 5 days a week (every weekday)
  • 6:30 p.m.- I have dinner which is the same as lunch but I add a sweet treat.
  • 8:30 p.m.- I have a bedtime snack raisins/grapes/a few crackers/glass of milk/etc.
  • 10:30 p.m. Bed time.

*I carry a bottle of Water around with me all day and refill it multiple times. I make sure I am getting at least 64 ounces of water daily and 80 grams of Protein.< /p>

I am 28 years old and 5'2 here are my stats:

Before:

Weight- 261 lbs

Pant Size- 22

Shirt Size- XXL

Bra Size 42 DD

After:

Weight- 130 lbs

Pant Size- 8

Shirt Size Medium

Bra Size 34 DDD

Good to see I have some of the same habits you have at 18 months out. I also eat very similar to you.

I would say the only thing I need to work on is the Water. I drink low calorie/no calorie drinks, but even then not enough and definitely not enough just regular ol' water!

You have inspired me to work on that.

Good to see I have some of the same habits you have at 18 months out. I also eat very similar to you.

I would say the only thing I need to work on is the Water. I drink low calorie/no calorie drinks, but even then not enough and definitely not enough just regular ol' water!

You have inspired me to work on that.

That's great! It's really just getting into a routine! Once you're in it you will feel healthy and energetic. On the weekends I eat more carbs and red meat, not necessarily cheat meals but different ones, and I have found so many healthy recipes so I am not eating the same meals every day and week.

Since I am considered a "Weight loss or VSG Veteran" I have been asked many questions. All of which are valid and important to ask! I had many of the same questions myself. SO I figured I would create this post to explain a day in my life now, almost 4 years out.

• 5:00 a.m. -I wake up and take a b-12, one a day women's, and Iron supplement.
  • 5:15 a.m.- I start my mornings off with an 8 ounce glass of Orange juice (trop-cal 50 with calcium).
  • 6:30 a.m.- For breakfast I drink a Premiere Protein shake (11 ounces) and a piece of fruit, usually an apple or banana.
  • 9:00 a.m.- For my morning snack I eat some grapes/cheerios/mixed nuts etc
  • 11:30 a.m.- For lunch I eat 4 ounces of a lean meat (chicken/turkey/fish) 1/2 cup of veggies, 1/2 cup of carbs
  • 2:00 p.m.- For my afternoon snack I might have (lite string cheese/jerky/a piece of fruit)
  • 3:30 p.m.- I will eat a cliff or Protein bar before my workout.
  • 4:00- 5:30 p.m.- I work out at the gym 5 days a week (every weekday)
  • 6:30 p.m.- I have dinner which is the same as lunch but I add a sweet treat.
  • 8:30 p.m.- I have a bedtime snack raisins/grapes/a few crackers/glass of milk/etc.
  • 10:30 p.m. Bed time.

*I carry a bottle of Water around with me all day and refill it multiple times. I make sure I am getting at least 64 ounces of Water daily and 80 grams of protein.

I am 28 years old and 5'2 here are my stats:

Before:

Weight- 261 lbs

Pant Size- 22

Shirt Size- XXL

Bra Size 42 DD

After:

Weight- 130 lbs

Pant Size- 8

Shirt Size Medium

Bra Size 34 DDD

Perfection! :)

Thank you! :)

This sounds great!

Just one question. How are your Iron levels? I was told that Calcium interferes with the absorption of Iron so not to take iron with Calcium. Since you take your iron first thing and then drink calcium fortified juice soon after I would think it might make a difference.

Thank you so much for sharing!

My Iron has been good the last few visits so I haven't worried about it. If this is a concern take your iron at the end of the day.

Congrats on your continued success after 4 years!!! Your before and after pix show what a total body transformation you have made! Like you, I've settled into a routine that keeps me comfortable and satisfied. Whenever my weight creeps up by 2-3 pounds, I jump on it and push it back down. At 18 months, so far so good. But the road ahead is long.....

@@Katnroyal, I am so grateful for your post. I keep trying different ways to tweek what I'm doing to get to goal. Seeing what others are doing really helps.

Do you track your calories?if so, how many do you have in a day?

I get so excited when I see vets post (good and bad) because it helps those of us who are struggling or not as far along to learn.

Again, thanks and you look absolutely stunning! Congrats on keeping the weight off all these years later. I hope to be able to pay it forward one day.

Edited by Kathy812

Thanks for your post and huge respect for what you've done.....and continued to do.

You look extremely good and are doing great.

I'm a ways off from goal weight but working up a daily plan will be crucial for me.

Again, thanks.....and keep on rocking it !!!!

@@Katnroyal, I am so grateful for your post. I keep trying different ways to tweek what I'm doing to get to goal. Seeing what others are doing really helps.

Do you track your calories?if so, how many do you have in a day?

I get so excited when I see vets post (good and bad) because it helps those of us who are struggling or not as far along to learn.

Again, thanks and you look absolutely stunning! Congrats on keeping the weight off all these years later. I hope to be able to pay it forward one day.

I used to track calories, now it's fairly routine for me. I know what foods should do what. If my weight creeps up a bit I will start tracking my calories again just to hold myself accountable.

I eat roughly 1600 calories a day in 6 meals.