Bay Area surgeons?

16 posts in this topic

I was with Dr. Kwan and liked her but her lack of experience kinda concerned me and she was the first surgeon I ever met with. I even went through a 6 month pre surgery thing and lost 20lbs got an EGD and did meetings with the nutritionalist and psychologist ultimately to cancel with her I'll look into Dr Chin. Thank you!!!

I'm with Diane Kwan in Concord and will have surgery at John Muir Concord. Dr Kwan has been great! She was recommended by my PCP. I did research her and she did a specific fellowship on bariatric surgery. She is one of the few who uses a robotic laparoscopic machine which she describes as giving her wrists while doing the surgery. That gets her better angles as she works. She is about my age as well (I just turned 43) so I feel like she has good experience and is also still connected to the newest information.
During my pre op admission appointment the nurse said if she ever got this surgery she would do it with Dr Kwan.
The staff in her office aren't always able to answer the phone but they return your calls and I email using the john muir site and get prompt responses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I second dr. Marc zare! He is head of bariatric surgery at Good Samaritan hospital in San Jose, is very well respected and trained, and is wonderful to work with. Every physician I have seen and spoke to about WLS have all recommend him. Best of luck!

I second dr. Marc zare! He is head of bariatric surgery at Good Samaritan hospital in San Jose, is very well respected and trained, and is wonderful to work with. Every physician I have seen and spoke to about WLS have all recommend him. Best of luck!