Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rockwood Surgical Group (Spokane, WA) Full Cost List

Rockwood Weight Loss Center

This is the total cost (minus two night stay in Deaconess Medical Center) for sleeve/bypass/lapband.

They also require a bariatric psych eval (around $300), an EKG and labs. Some people might need more testing. These are not listed in cost, as you get them through PCP.

Cost for sleeve is just under $7000.

post-265810-0-82518300-1454463233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bethany Copley

I just called Dr Spitz Rockwood office today inquiring about the sleeve surgery. I live in Spokane and I'm so happy you posted this. I will call Dr Bright tomorrow. Did it take long to get an appointment for surgery?

I am with Dr. Bright! I just had my first appointment with him today. Its a process. I got an appointment with him within two weeks to start the process. Im Molina Medicaid, so i have a bit of red tape to go through before i get to have a surgery date. (They also have three different surgeons in office, I went with the one that got me in the fastest lol...they are all top notch)

I lived in Spokane for almost a decade <3 I now live in Clarkston. I have the packet of info from the appointment today if you have questions, hit me up!

Edited by Bethany Copley

ME TOO!!! girl...I got some good news for you! Imma message you.

**Wait lol I thought you were saying you were on Molina. i am on molina. This is was regular price list they gave me, in case Molina doesnt pay for it, which I am 100% covered, so im not worried

Edited by Bethany Copley

I have Dr. Bright with Multicare Rockwood in Spokane! So cool to see so many Eastern Washington people here! I've been in this process since July of last year, and was just scheduled today for a May 30th surgery!

I am with Dr. Bright! I just had my first appointment with him today. Its a process. I got an appointment with him within two weeks to start the process. Im Molina Medicaid, so i have a bit of red tape to go through before i get to have a surgery date. (They also have three different surgeons in office, I went with the one that got me in the fastest lol...they are all top notch)
I lived in Spokane for almost a decade
I just got vsg with Dr
Bright. He is the best out of all of them so feel fortunate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Rockwood Weight Loss Center
This is the total cost (minus two night stay in Deaconess Medical Center) for sleeve/bypass/lapband.
They also require a bariatric psych eval (around $300), an EKG and labs. Some people might need more testing. These are not listed in cost, as you get them through PCP.
Cost for sleeve is just under $7000.
post-265810-0-82518300-1454463233_thumb.jpg
I have Kaiser Permanente. The only cost to me was $700 which was for 2 nights stay at Deaconess.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am scheduled for my first visit May 6th!! I live down in Moscow ID- so cool to see some locals on here :) I have already completed my 6 mo diet for insurance- what other things will they require from Rockwood before a surgery date is set? I was thinking a GI scope but was wondering what else..

1 hour ago, KimTrim said:

I am scheduled for my first visit May 6th!! I live down in Moscow ID- so cool to see some locals on here :) I have already completed my 6 mo diet for insurance- what other things will they require from Rockwood before a surgery date is set? I was thinking a GI scope but was wondering what else..

Hey Kim! My parents live in Moscow--small world! A lot of what is required depends on you and your surgery choice. Everyone has to get a psych eval, EKG, dietary consultation, consultation with the surgeon and labs through them. I had to get a sleep study and be compliant with my CPAP once I got it, take supplements and do a second set of labs due to low levels of Vitamin D and Iron, do a short course of therapy after doing my psych eval, and then do a gallbladder ultrasound (because I chose RNY). Other tests, depending on you, may include cardiac clearance, chest x-ray, barium upper GI, EGD...in addition to other things I've listed previously.

Is this the first visit with the surgeon or are you coming up for the information session?

1 hour ago, giddygiddygiddy said:

Hey Kim! My parents live in Moscow--small world! A lot of what is required depends on you and your surgery choice. Everyone has to get a psych eval, EKG, dietary consultation, consultation with the surgeon and labs through them. I had to get a sleep study and be compliant with my CPAP once I got it, take supplements and do a second set of labs due to low levels of Vitamin D and Iron, do a short course of therapy after doing my psych eval, and then do a gallbladder ultrasound (because I chose RNY). Other tests, depending on you, may include cardiac clearance, chest x-ray, barium upper GI, EGD...in addition to other things I've listed previously.

Is this the first visit with the surgeon or are you coming up for the information session?

This will be my first visit with the surgeon, I have already done the seminar. They are having me meet with the surgeon and dietitian as well as their coordinator all in one visit since I am from out of town.

Thanks for all the info!! I am pretty sure I’m going with VSG. I don’t really have any co-morbibities just a BMI of 43, so hopefully there won’t be too much to get done :) I am really starting to get excited, I have not seen the scale at less than 225 since I had my daughter... who is graduating next year!! So ready to make this happen!!

So, $7,000 is the total cost for VSG at Rockwood Spokane? Does that include hospital stay and anesthesiologist fees?

My insurances covers 80% of bariatric surgery cost (after my $3,000 deductible), so if I understand correctly- my 20% out of pocket = $1,400. Plus my $3,000 deductible. For a grand total of approx $4,400?

I am crossing my fingers this is correct!

My surgeon consult appointment and dietitian appt are both on June 6th. So I suppose I can find out for sure then.

I paid $700 for 2 nights stay at Deaconess. My insurance paid a total of $74,000 for the surgery with Dr Bright.