Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets get this PARTY started! Oct 07!

Wow LS... 23 pounds already, WTG!!! That's great, sounds like you lose weight pretty fast...

I'm curious on what kind of shakes you drank... Were they Protein powder?? I'll start my pre-op diet on the 2nd of October.. That will give me 2 weeks before surgery... Hopefully I can go 2 weeks...

LS are you on the hmr500? That's what I am taking and I am down 60+ ponds in 6 weeks. I am being banded on the 4th my pre-op starts tomorrow.

Hi, I'm Barbara. I just got my surgery date this morning! OCTOBER 5TH! I am very excited as I was told I would have to go through "program" for a year as required by my insurance.....but I got the approval letter yesterday! I've already done all of the requirements! I can't wait! I'm looking forward to this journey and will be keeping in touch with all of you for support and suggestions as we travel together!

Here's to a healthier us!whoo.gif

<p>i get banded oct 4! i am so excited. not too much longer! i have to do a liquid diet for 10 days prior. i am a little nervous about that, but i want this so badly i dont think it should be too big a problem for me. i am having my procedure done in mexico by dr huacuz. has anyone else used him? i have a friend that did and several of her friends and family have and they are all doing great, its just amazing to see the before and after pictures. i cant wait to be an "after"!</p>

Well, I had my consult on Aug. 28th went to the seminar on Aug. 9th. Went for upper gi test on Sept. 4th. Now I'm waiting for my surgeon to get back with me to schedule surgery. Seems like just a whole lot of hurry up and wait. It's frustrating, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Hello and Welcome... Barbara, Want, and Nettie.... It is nice to meet you and have you join us on our weight loss journey...

Cheri..... WOW!!! Wtg!!! 60 pounds... That is fantastic... Congratulations!!! :clap2:

What is hmr500??? Is it a Protein powder?? If so where can you get it?? Sorry for the questions.... ;)

Holly

I just got my surgery date of 10/2/07 and I'm new to this site and would like to be in your group. I live in Illinois but with the help of the internet I can stay in touch with all of you.

Looking forward to the surgery :D... BIG K

Hello and Welcome Big K to the TENacious TENS groupie.... We are most happy to have you with us....

We are getting a nice diverse group of folks from all over and welcome you from Illinois...

Hello everyone- I just wrote my first post over on the TENacious TENS forum. I heard about it from reading your posts here. I look forward to gettting to know you all. I am getting banded on Ocober 10th. It seems so scarily close in some ways, and so agonizingly far away too.

Have I said HI to all the October TENaciousTENS lately? I'm so proud of the size of our group already! Hi PVChickie, Carrot06, BigK, GoSwicks, WantSoBad, Babs, Cheri42, LSzeliga (a fellow Italian?), and Kim! If I left anyone new out, it's because our "TEAM " is getting so large, so I apologize! And we are a TEAM folks, racing to good health and a life of BETTER choices.

Wow Holly, you have said it so perfectly.. We are a TEAM!!! We are all in this together and are all working toward the prize of weight loss and a long healthy life....

Have any of you started on your pre-op diet yet?? If you have how are you doing with it?? Are you able to keep at it or are you cheating?? Please let us know..

Hi,

My name is Twyla and I am new here. I am scheduled for surgery on October 4th, and am excited, nervous, scared, anxious, and happy all at the same time. Anyone else feeling the same?? I am a registered nurse in Virginia. My husband and I have lived here for 5 years, but are originally from Southeast lower Michigan...most of our friends and family are still there. My husband is active duty Navy, currently on shore duty for the first time in 5 years. I have been researching the surgery and have chosen to have it done because I can loose weight with the best of 'em, but the trouble is I find it again almost as quickly. I have had the best success with the South Beach Diet, but only loose weight by sticking to phase 1 and exercising 2+ hours a day. The exercise schedule is just not realistic since I work 12 hour shifts as a labor and delivery nurse. I am scared getting in all of the fluids and eating slowly will be a challenge once I go back to work because at work we usually eat and drink when we can, and rarely take a full 15 minute break let alone 1/2 and hour for lunch. I am very motivated, and want to get rid of at least 80 #'s and keep it off for good. I weigh between 250 and 260 right now and it is my highest weight ever. My husband is very supportive, and actually proud of me for trying all of the diets realizing they were not a long term fix for me and now taking the next step to have lap band surgery. He is an amazing support system. I also have PCOS so insulin resistance makes it hard for me to feel full for long periods after eating. We are hoping by loosing weight I will increase my chances of becoming pregnant. We have been married 5 years now and have had no luck in that department because of the PCOS, but my endocrinologist says loosing the excess weight will most likely solve this problem. I am 26 years old and tired of feeling trapped in this body. I know I would be much more outgoing and enjoy life more if I felt comfortable in my skin. I look forward to chating with you all and supporting eachother through this journey!!

biggrin1.gif Twyla