Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post sleeve comfort foods -roll call!

So, I think there are some great spiritual gifts in WLS. One of the things I see folks saying around here is "whaaaa! I can't have ----- any more."

Well, no. But you CAN discover a whole new world. Take in these new gifts. Don't miss it!

That being said, I know there are some really great, on plan, comfort foods that really hit the spot. I found a new treat tonight, and I'm gonna share!

Stoffers Spinach Souffle. It's warm, easy going down. 5g Protein and 140 calories per serving. I added a quarter ounce of nutritional yeast and doubled the protein for 28 more calories.

Now you.... What's your comfort?

my comfort food : Tonight I took a head of cauliflower, boiled it until slightly stiff, then drained it, placed it on a baking sheet, spread greek yogurt mixed with crushed garlic over the entire head, graded some parm. cheese to finish it, then into the oven@ 450 for 20min. Wow! it was delicious! When eating it, I sprinkled hot sauce--just a few drops on . Full of flavor.

my fave right now is split pea Soup with ham, pureed of course. it really hits the spot for me.

So, I think there are some great spiritual gifts in WLS. One of the things I see folks saying around here is "whaaaa! I can't have ----- any more."

Well, no. But you CAN discover a whole new world. Take in these new gifts. Don't miss it!

That being said, I know there are some really great, on plan, comfort foods that really hit the spot. I found a new treat tonight, and I'm gonna share!

Stoffers Spinach Souffle. It's warm, easy going down. 5g Protein and 140 calories per serving. I added a quarter ounce of nutritional yeast and doubled the protein for 28 more calories.

Now you.... What's your comfort?

love nutritional yeast! So yummy and good for you.

Tell me more about nutritional yeast!

Roasted vegetables, especially root vegetables--turnips, carrots, beets, rutabaga... With a little olive oil and garlic. Good comfort food.

Homemade turkey meatloaf. Add an egg, seasonings and no bread crumbs.

Protein mug cakes

Nutritional yeast is a godsend. It makes salad taste like bread. Sprinkle it on like Parmesan cheese and enjoy the hit of Iron and Protein. Any health food store will have it in bulk foods. It is raised commonly on molasses, which is high in iron, but the little buggers digest some of this iron which makes it easier for people to digest. Also it has thiamine, necessary for preventing cognitive impairment, especially in RNY patients. Did I mention it makes everything taste like bread?

post-267779-14533418154257_thumb.jpg

Chili

guacamole

thin salsa & Quest chips

Cauliflower mashed with some cream cheese and bacon bits. Zucchini noodles with Pasta sauce and turkey meatballs. Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and cooked on the grill, these are so good.

I recently discovered ProYo where I shop. It's a high Protein frozen yogurt pushup treat. They're too high in sugar to have every day but they are a great occasional treat.

Nutritional yeast is a godsend. It makes salad taste like bread. Sprinkle it on like Parmesan cheese and enjoy the hit of Iron and Protein. Any health food store will have it in bulk foods. It is raised commonly on molasses, which is high in iron, but the little buggers digest some of this iron which makes it easier for people to digest. Also it has thiamine, necessary for preventing cognitive impairment, especially in RNY patients. Did I mention it makes everything taste like bread?

Huh, fascinating! Thanks for sharing! Gonna have to try it

Recipe for Protein mug cakes?

Oh there's a whole thread on it been very active recently... If you search you will get better info, but basically---

I scoop Protein powder (one that has egg albumen as part of the Protein works best like Syntrax Matrix)

1/4 tsp baking powder

liquid to make the consistency of thick concrete

Microwave in mug for about 45 sec

I am at goal so I like to add about 1/3 of a ripe banana for most of the moisture... Or 2T pumpkin purée (not the pie mix, just straight pumpkin) plus pie spice and vanilla... Or applesauce and cinnamon... And I use fairlife milk but lots of options are discussed on the thread.

SF whip cream or plain fage 0% Greek yogurt on top is awesome!

Chili

guacamole

thin salsa & Quest chips

Yes chili! Def a comfort food for me too

Chili

Avocado

Turkey meatballs with ricotta cheese

If I want something sweet I take Yoplait greek whipped yogurt and pop it in the freezer. It's heavenly but not for all the time as the sugar is a little high.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nutritional yeast is a godsend. It makes salad taste like bread. Sprinkle it on like Parmesan cheese and enjoy the hit of Iron and Protein. Any health food store will have it in bulk foods. It is raised commonly on molasses, which is high in Iron, but the little buggers digest some of this iron which makes it easier for people to digest. Also it has thiamine, necessary for preventing cognitive impairment, especially in RNY patients. Did I mention it makes everything taste like bread?

So, if I sprinkled nutritional yeast onto my cauliflower instead of parm. cheese, what would the taste be? What would be the benefits/drawbacks? Now you have my curiosity going! :)