Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my journey - Boston Ma

Yes very close..i still cant believe it...you have ro understand im small...im 4ft 10..and small body frame this surgery is not for weight lose really its to save my health...i wear a size 14 jean...

Ugh..i want it to all be over so i can move on and at the same time i dont...lol

Hey everyone i have been reading up on hair loss and kinda worried about it...i have hemochromatosis so i am hoping that even if it started to thin you wont tell...i have extremely thick long hair...like horse hair...i wanted to share a pic...keep you all posted on it. I did order some Vitamins for my hair and gonna start those this week to protect my hair and give it a boost now...please note i am extremely careful with my hair in general... I do not put a lot of product in my hair...i do wash it every day though...and i dont dye it etc.

post-270255-14561057960156_thumb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by shortstuff4ever78

Today im just tired...tired of reg work....tired of my business work...tired of eating...thinking etc just tired....tomorrow i see my nutritionist... Shes prob the one person out of this whole exp my husband (hes thin as a rail) and i get the most valuable info from...i have been reading so much on how many people's tastebuds change that i have been...eating 1 time a week something i really love now incase i wont later...1 thing i know is rhat pizza makes me sick now...i guess so long eating healthy that now i feel ill eating it..and i DID love pizza...oh well its a good thing.

Last check i with nutritionist today...was told she will call me the friday after surgery( my surgery is on a monday) i have been having a few "last super" meals...i told her about it she laughed...told her i dont indulge but i wanted to take and enjoy it while i still could incase my taste buds change...like the pizza (read prior message) im still down 2 more pounds so i guess still doing well lol...thank goodness...im as prepared as we will ever be she said she admires my husband and I and that we are a perfect team...

i am happy i have him to support me...hes my rock! (Bells if you ever read this...i love you man!! Lol your my everything and with out you my life would not be whole muah)

Anyways back to whats going on...so i was on antibiotics for 2 weeks for the h pylori good thing cause i realized i can NOT take pills for the rest of my life so we devised a plan...to take my Vitamins....which should be much eazier....1 multi pill a day and 2 Calcium a day pill or liquid...keep u posted cause i have to try that for two weeks...

So far so good and clock is ticking now in my mind here and there...im excited...march 14 i go to meet with the pre op team...they said its 30-45min...i assume thats when i will start the liquid diet...

Really!!! Mayne they changed it i swore she said it was one week...liquids 2/days...piece of cake!!! Lol

Hi all -

Going through the pre approval phase at Mt Auburn. Had my immersion day in late Jan/early Feb and have my first surgeon appt in two weeks. They estimate early May, although I wish it was sooner.

So far I like Mt Auburn... am glad to be able to connect with others here.

Lisa

Watertown

Awesome lisa..im sure we will see each other!

I keep pushing forward...kinda pissed cause my doctor scale says i lost weight gym one says i gained...no way!!! Sticking to doctor scale!

Thanks all! Looking forward to connecting with you.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hello Everyone! I am new the group and in anything obesity. I am looking for support and followers through my Journey. My surgery will be at Mt. Auburn Hospital which I can tell you that I am already not feeling that...and not to mention no one I have met including myself feels I need the surgery...so I am still trying to wrap my head around it all.

I started out with Hi Triglycerides, than yrs later to pre-diabetes...to sleep apnea and now to type 2 under control diabetes....i don't need meds etc just need to monitor my sugar intake...i dont even have to stick my finger thank god...

So I guess my body says i need the surgery and doctors...just my mind and everyone says no...so still struggling with it...I carry my weight well so most people who need the surgery are 3-4 times larger then me. I am very small and petite...so I guess that I why I am having a hard time with all this...so follow me why dont you!?

I have already had my psych eval, nutrition meeting, I have immersion day on the 27th of Jan (this month) and going to 2 classes soon...all I am waiting for is my surgery date...since I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes couple weeks ago everything is happening so fast...surgery date they say will be in March/June!! Since Diagnosed with Type2 I am stricter on my food intake etc and already have lost 10lbs with out trying...I am going to the gym 4-5 times a week...even bought myself a fitbit HR which I love...so Im ready...guess my mind isnt...

Oh and I have to pay a $200.00 fee on immersion day...which are costs ins does not pay...$200 is not bad I think...not sure what others pay.

My husband is my biggest help and supporter. I have NEVER had a surgery not even broken bone or stitches so scared...

~L

Hey shortstuff I was just sleeved at tufts on Feb 29th. I'm new to the group and willing to share my new learning experiences if you have any questions. Wishing u the best of luck!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037T using the BariatricPal App

Oh please do what can you share with all of us..how long was your liq diet? Anything u wish u did differnt?

Oh please do what can you share with all of us..how long was your liq diet? Anything u wish u did differnt?

I only had to liquid diet 2 days B4 my surgery. After surgery I could only sponge my mouth with cold Water for 24hrs until I had my leak test performed. They wouldn't even let me have ice cubes. That had to be one of the worst part for me. It's right up there with the pain. After I got the leak test done and passed they served me broth, tea, and Jello. After staying 2 days at tufts I came home on the phase 3 diet which is still basically liquid. It's easier now for me tho because I have no appetite.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037T using the BariatricPal App