Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2015 Sleevers How Is It Going?

I have so much energy! Learned I really need to slow down while eating. Twice I was starving and ate too fast made me want to be sick. Down 50 lbs - could not exercise for over a month due to an injury but back at it and LOVE IT. Who knew? lol. How are you doing?

I'm down 32 pounds - I wish it was more, but I'm steady losing at 2.5 pounds per week, which I can't complain. I feel better, I'm down a couple sizes in my clothes and, I too, have so much more energy. Going to the gym three times per week for the past month, so I feel like I'm getting stronger and faster.

I've learned to eat slower and savor every bite. I've also learned that some foods I can tolerate just fine and then the next time I eat them I don't feel so good, so I've tried to keep my meals simple.

@@usedtobeaskater I feel so much better than I did even 3 months ago. I'm still learning my sleeve and gaining confidence of mine and its ability. I do have so much energy now. I used to wait for two elevators in the subway in NYC to get to street level when I was going to work. Now I that the stairs without a moment's hesitation. I hope your journey continues to bring much success!

@@agreen67, I am also trying to make going to the gym routine. I've been successful with three times a week for the last three. Go us!

I was sleeved 10/9 and down 50pds. I have learned, no lettuce what so ever for me, lol. I had a hard time adjusting to the full feeling, I kept waiting to feel it in my stomach, but I feel it more so in my chest. I just learned that and thank God. I was throwing up almost everything I would eat, ugh

@ididit34. WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the awesome work. We will be looking fabulous in no time!

Down 47 lbs since surgery, 100 since the start of the program. Still catching myself eating too fast unfortunately. Not to the point of being sick, just a notch or two too fast. Started going to gym 6 days a week, 1 hour a day since the new year brought a 24 hour gym to the island! No complaints or regrets!

I was sleeved Oct 12, 2015. So far I'm down 60 lbs. I have 40 lbs. to go.

So today, just a few days before my 1 year anniversary of STARTING my program I've reached my goal weight! I started at 280lbs. I'm at 150lbs. Lost 60 of it before surgery! You guys this feels amazing. Size 24/26 to an 8.

Sent from my LG-H634 using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved on 10/26/15, so I'm 6 months out already. Can't believe how time flies!

Had my 6 mo. check up last week:
weight 217.8 (down 55.5 pounds from surgery weight; down 62.2 from highest weight)

A1C is 5.5 (down from 5.9 pre-op)

pants size from a snug 24 to 18

tops size 2X to XL

Only regret is that I didn't do this 10 years ago~! :)

Just spotted this thread-I'm 21st Oct '15 surgery date. Down 53lbs to 150 and have got just under 30lbs to lose. I am loving how I am feeling and just wish that I had had the VSG years ago. It's taken years off me and as I am hurtling headlong to my 60th birthday later this year every little helps. As I couldn't give a flying fart about behaving in a normal, grown up manner, I am starting to add to my eccentricities starting by throwing conventional behaviour to the four winds. My clothes are now bought for fun and not function, I make loud comments (more to embarrass my pals!) when I see worthy male anatomy when out and about, and I am driving far too fast in my Fiat 500c Abarth (black with red and black leather interior). When I got the car two months pre-op I wasn't sure whether it was such a good idea as my arse was really too big to fit into it's sporty little seats properly. Now, no problem. Not even snug. Just need the warmer weather so that I can have the hood down and really pose. Ain't life fun? All the NSV just keep adding up to one HUGE smile.

Edited by jintycb

Sleeved on 10/22/15 down 101 pounds from surgery down 2 shirts sizes but still wearing the same pant size a little disappoint with how my body is losing weight but over all tickled with the weight loss. I love going to the gym and go 3 days a week and 4 the next. Congrats to all of you on your weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App