Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2015 Sleevers How Is It Going?

I have so much energy! Learned I really need to slow down while eating. Twice I was starving and ate too fast made me want to be sick. Down 50 lbs - could not exercise for over a month due to an injury but back at it and LOVE IT. Who knew? lol. How are you doing?

I'm down 32 pounds - I wish it was more, but I'm steady losing at 2.5 pounds per week, which I can't complain. I feel better, I'm down a couple sizes in my clothes and, I too, have so much more energy. Going to the gym three times per week for the past month, so I feel like I'm getting stronger and faster.

I've learned to eat slower and savor every bite. I've also learned that some foods I can tolerate just fine and then the next time I eat them I don't feel so good, so I've tried to keep my meals simple.

@@usedtobeaskater I feel so much better than I did even 3 months ago. I'm still learning my sleeve and gaining confidence of mine and its ability. I do have so much energy now. I used to wait for two elevators in the subway in NYC to get to street level when I was going to work. Now I that the stairs without a moment's hesitation. I hope your journey continues to bring much success!

@@agreen67, I am also trying to make going to the gym routine. I've been successful with three times a week for the last three. Go us!

I was sleeved 10/9 and down 50pds. I have learned, no lettuce what so ever for me, lol. I had a hard time adjusting to the full feeling, I kept waiting to feel it in my stomach, but I feel it more so in my chest. I just learned that and thank God. I was throwing up almost everything I would eat, ugh

@ididit34. WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the awesome work. We will be looking fabulous in no time!

Down 47 lbs since surgery, 100 since the start of the program. Still catching myself eating too fast unfortunately. Not to the point of being sick, just a notch or two too fast. Started going to gym 6 days a week, 1 hour a day since the new year brought a 24 hour gym to the island! No complaints or regrets!

I was sleeved Oct 12, 2015. So far I'm down 60 lbs. I have 40 lbs. to go.

So today, just a few days before my 1 year anniversary of STARTING my program I've reached my goal weight! I started at 280lbs. I'm at 150lbs. Lost 60 of it before surgery! You guys this feels amazing. Size 24/26 to an 8.

Sent from my LG-H634 using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved on 10/26/15, so I'm 6 months out already. Can't believe how time flies!

Had my 6 mo. check up last week:
weight 217.8 (down 55.5 pounds from surgery weight; down 62.2 from highest weight)

A1C is 5.5 (down from 5.9 pre-op)

pants size from a snug 24 to 18

tops size 2X to XL

Only regret is that I didn't do this 10 years ago~! :)

Just spotted this thread-I'm 21st Oct '15 surgery date. Down 53lbs to 150 and have got just under 30lbs to lose. I am loving how I am feeling and just wish that I had had the VSG years ago. It's taken years off me and as I am hurtling headlong to my 60th birthday later this year every little helps. As I couldn't give a flying fart about behaving in a normal, grown up manner, I am starting to add to my eccentricities starting by throwing conventional behaviour to the four winds. My clothes are now bought for fun and not function, I make loud comments (more to embarrass my pals!) when I see worthy male anatomy when out and about, and I am driving far too fast in my Fiat 500c Abarth (black with red and black leather interior). When I got the car two months pre-op I wasn't sure whether it was such a good idea as my arse was really too big to fit into it's sporty little seats properly. Now, no problem. Not even snug. Just need the warmer weather so that I can have the hood down and really pose. Ain't life fun? All the NSV just keep adding up to one HUGE smile.

Edited by jintycb

Sleeved on 10/22/15 down 101 pounds from surgery down 2 shirts sizes but still wearing the same pant size a little disappoint with how my body is losing weight but over all tickled with the weight loss. I love going to the gym and go 3 days a week and 4 the next. Congrats to all of you on your weight loss.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches