Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb. 1st Surgery Date!

I had my final pre-op testing and prep classes yesterday! I went shopping a few weeks ago for liquids, but I keep thinking I need a bigger variety.

As for Vitamins, my doctor has a kit that insurance covers, but all Vitamins have to chewable or liquid.< /p>

I just keep trying to not think about the hair loss and loose skin, but I realize I will have to face that reality soon enough.

@@Brown Suga

Good idea with the extension cord. I drug my bag out weeks ago...lol. I haven't done my pics and measurements yet but I do know I need to go get a pedicure before the surgery. I've never had one before and I don't want anyone laughing at my funky feet while I'm unconscious. I already have a cell and ipad charger in there, oh and some slippers for the hospital walks. I borrowed a pair of maternity pants for the trip home if I need them.

For Vitamins I found some liquids Vitamins, one for day and one for night. A friend told me that liquid vitamins have a better absorption rate than pills. Also got some liquid Tylenol, some have said they have allot of trouble swallowing the caplets. I have bought some protien powder and some protien Water. I also got some Biotin and callogen because they help improve the elasticity in skin. Might help with the loose skin some, never hurts to try.

I am going grocery shopping tomorrow for some broth and liquids for the first week or two after surgery. I'll go get my next step foods when its time. If they are here I may be too tempted to eat them while I'm on liquid stage. I didn't get this way because of my strong willpower ????

I even bought some Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner because many have said that while it didn't stop hair loss it did help grow it back a little quicker.

I am so ready for this, I am glad to have found this site. Nice to meet others going thru this as well, don't feel so alone.

Right there with ya! I packed several days ago and can't wait for the next few days to go by - Feb. 1st can't get here fast enough!!!

I got a cute little pill case to hold 3 days worth of vitamins etc. My Multivitamins actually contain Biotin for hair, nails and skin plus Vitamin D etc so I'm hoping that helps with Hair loss. I also got sublingual Vitamin B. The big thing to remember is Protein. Protein is the building block mainly used by our bodies to create, repair and strengthen things. Get your protein in and the hair loss, if any, should be minimal.

Only thing left on my list to get is my protein. Going to costco to get a case of liquid pure protein today. I love the chocolate. Then I'll place an online order for the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury samples. Pretty sure I won't need those till later but I'll have them shipped this week.

I got the call and my surgery has been scheduled for Feb 1st! Anyone else being sleeved around that date?

I am, Karak2007!

We go in at 5am, wait for 3 hours and my surgery is scheduled for 8am!

I spent last week making bone broth out of chicken bones and froze them in aluminum muffin holders, with plastic wrap on top so I could just pop one out when needed. I already have the chew-able Vitamins.

What do people mean by having an extension cord ready? You mean for the phone?

Did your Dr.s tell you to bring your own Vitamins for the hospital stay? I'm so glad to be able to read what you all are doing to prepare. I've been dieting the last 7 days or so, in ketosis for sure, very lethargic right now. Drinking lots of Water and getting my house in order.

I'm the girl having a hard time getting off caffeine with all I have to do. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

Edited by Amelie2016

@@prettyCali916

I really wanted to bring some Vitamins with me but I got all liquid so I guess I will have to start when I get back home. I did buy the B sublingual I can bring with me. I have all my protien ready to go, I'm ready to go, but the 1st is taking so long to get here....

Edited by Adina's_Journey

I got the call and my surgery has been scheduled for Feb 1st! Anyone else being sleeved around that date?

I am, Karak2007!

We go in at 5am, wait for 3 hours and my surgery is scheduled for 8am!

I spent last week making bone broth out of chicken bones and froze them in aluminum muffin holders, with plastic wrap on top so I could just pop one out when needed. I already have the chew-able Vitamins.

What do people mean by having an extension cord ready? You mean for the phone?

Did your Dr.s tell you to bring your own Vitamins for the hospital stay? I'm so glad to be able to read what you all are doing to prepare. I've been dieting the last 7 days or so, in ketosis for sure, very lethargic right now. Drinking lots of Water and getting my house in order.

I'm the girl having a hard time getting off caffeine with all I have to do. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

Hi Amelie! Welcome to the 2/1 club lol!

Yep - I think people are taking an extension cord for their phones. A lot of times the outlets are in pretty weird places so it helps to take yours. I have a super long iPhone cord that my tech-obsessed husband got me lol - like really long - so I'm good on that end.

As far as vitamins go, it was in my weight loss folder packet thingy that my surgeon gave me so I bought them. He said a Multivitamin, B12 and some other stuff. I'm hoping for the day I'm in the hospital that they provide them.

Welcome again!!!

Question with those with kids - how are you handling meal prep this week on the liquid diet for the family? I don't want to be around food much and be too tempted.

My daughter is 15 months old so she's eating mostly oatmeal, white rice with butter, sausage, yogurt and applesauce. Not much cooking. Plus my husband fends for himself. He's a great cook - most firefighters are lol so he's holding it down on that end.

Maybe prep some stuff that is easy to cook. Do you have a crock pot? If you can put a bunch of ingredients in the crock pot you might be able to make great meals without much food handling. There are so many quick crock pot recipes that you can google - I would probably be doing that if I had to cook full meals.

@@prettyCali916

I really wanted to bring some Vitamins with me but I got all liquid so I guess I will have to start when I get back home. I did buy the B sublingual I can bring with me. I have all my protien ready to go, I'm ready to go, but the 1st is taking so long to get here....

They'll probably give you your Vitamins while you're there, no? I hope they do bc I'll be out of it and probably won't remember to take them on my own. How many days are you expecting to be in the hospital? I'm staying one night of there aren't any complications.

Got my Protein today!!! Two cases of Protein from costco and I ordered some other kinds online just to try.

Time is creeping by! The liquid diet is making me so tired and it feels like it's taking so long. One thing that helped speed today up is that I started watching a British show about WLS in YouTube - the Fat Doctor - and that has been distracting and interesting!

So excited for us!!! These next 8 days need to hurry up!!!!

I am a nurse and although most hospitals have lots of wall outlets, they are not always available or convenient to get to. I need (want) to have my iPad and phone close-by (and charged) for entertainment purposes.

I am a nurse and although most hospitals have lots of wall outlets, they are not always available or convenient to get to. I need (want) to have my iPad and phone close-by (and charged) for entertainment purposes.

Yep. For my cSection I was too preoccupied to do anything but stare at my daughter but I remember my husband complaining about the outlets being inconvenient.

@@prettyCali916

I hope they give me Vitamins while I'm there, I need to ask them. I will be in hospital for two days and in recovery for two days. I am having my sleeve done in Tijuana so that is why I stay a bit longer. How is everyone doing on their pre diet? The hardest part for me was giving up my coffee, ughhh . I am definitely not a morning person. What has been the hardest part for you guys?

@@prettyCali916

I hope they give me Vitamins while I'm there, I need to ask them. I will be in hospital for two days and in recovery for two days. I am having my sleeve done in Tijuana so that is why I stay a bit longer. How is everyone doing on their pre diet? The hardest part for me was giving up my coffee, ughhh . I am definitely not a morning person. What has been the hardest part for you guys?

Oh! Gotcha! Makes sense that you'll be staying longer! In that case, I really think they will give them to you as Vitamins are very important post op. Keep us posted!

coffee was hard but I had started cutting back in November - that's how much time I needed. Now I'm ok - it's just head cravings. On top of that, my adhd prescription helps out with focus and energy...

The diet has been hard a little though. I kept thinking of things I "forgot" to eat lol but I finally told myself that these things will be there once I reach goal and for now I just write them down on a list which really helps!

@@prettyCali916

Oh! Gotcha! Makes sense that you'll be staying longer! In that case, I really think they will give them to you as Vitamins are very important post op. Keep us posted!

coffee was hard but I had started cutting back in November - that's how much time I needed. Now I'm ok - it's just head cravings. On top of that, my adhd prescription helps out with focus and energy...

The diet has been hard a little though. I kept thinking of things I "forgot" to eat lol but I finally told myself that these things will be there once I reach goal and for now I just write them down on a list which really helps!

Oh I wish I would have started giving up things sooner...nooo I had to just stop cold turkey. I didn't think that far ahead. I did start keeping up with my food and Water in a daily food journal on my phone, I'm doing ok with that. You sound like you are ready to go, I know I am.

❓❓Ok guys, fun question!!⁉️

What's the first thing you want to do when the weight comes off??

I am going skydiving again????