Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Surgery Dates...

Happy for you????! I am Feb 8, too! I'm on my 6 day of my liver cleansing diet. I get to meet my surgery team and do any final prep they might need on Feb 5. Doesn't seem real in a way, but you get all excited and panicked in a way, also!! Wish you the best ????

i am Feb 8th too! So excited and cant wait! !

@@SHOTzY* Soooo true when you say that we "...get all excited and panicked in a way". Every time I think about it or my wife reminds me of how many days remain, I get excited and then I get the butterflies in my stomach. I have had several surgeries (i.e., tonsillectomy, uvulectomy, meniscus on both knees, terminate reduction, etc.) over the past 15 years, but this one is different.

My surgeon is only requiring me to be on liquid only diet two days prior to surgery because he requires 4 weeks of liquid after surgery and feels that is enough torture. How is your liver cleansing diet going? I wish you to best as well and I look forward to hearing about your recovery process.

I wasn't told anything about 2week liver diet... Hmmm

Have you taken your preop class yet? Every doctor is different as is every surgery. With my sleeve it was just one day of liquids, this bypass is 3 days of liquid...

@@DDN

Ha ha ha!!! How is my pre op diet going?! I'm getting to the point that if I drink another shake, I might float away down the Mississippi River ( I'm in central Illinois)!! Each program is different as is every surgeon.

I'm lucky that I have unlimited veggies, just no starchy ones. I'm allowed yogurt, clear broth, and applesauce. No meat, no carbs, no sweets. 4 shakes a day, and 6 small servings from the limited food list. It's more generous than others who have liquid only and NO FOOD.

It's worth it. We all will be so relieved, happy, challenged, and on our way to a healthier lifestyle.

My surgery is two fold; I have a multi-spinal injury. My neurosurgeon told me bluntly that my surgery would all rip out and fail with in two yrs if i stayed at my former weight (I've lost 34# during my 6 months pre op). I do not want to be paralyzed or a useless person in society, so I decided to do this surgery and regain my former life before this horrible spinal accident happened. I'm so determined and focused.

Well, gee! I talked way too long and too much. I guess it was just so kind you asked, so I guess I just got on a role ????!! Good luck to you and I'm glad you don't have a very difficult pre op diet to do. (I'm very envious????)

@@SHOTzY* Hahaha…I've heard others talk about their dislike of Protein Shakes leading up to their surgeries and soon after. For now, I enjoy drinking them…I have tried all sorts within the past few months. Unjury is much better than I thought…I purchased the sampler pack and enjoyed all of them. Premier from COSTCO's and Krogers is enjoyable as well…I prefer the vanilla over chocolate. My least favorite is the ISOPURE…good Lord, it's something that I hope my surgeon doesn't require, although its a great amount of Protein in a clear liquid form, but the taste is some-awful.

I'm concerned about clothing and the amount of money I will have to spend for a new wardrobe. I'm work in management and I wear suits, dress shirts, and ties or sweater, slacks, dress shirts and ties 3 days out of my 4-day work week. Some friends who have also had the surgery have mentioned shopping at Good Will and Consignment Stores in order to keep the costs at a minimum. I've never shopped at either--only donated over the years--it's gong to be interesting. I'm hoping to find a great tailor who will work with the pieces that I have…I have some great pieces and would hate to let go of them, especially suits and sports coats that I've paid a nice chunk of change over the years. My wife thinks that I'm gong to be excited about being able to shop again…we shall see. The encouraging part is that my 50th birthday is in May and she has put away a nice amount to get me started for my birthday…I told her that I will chip away at it slowly as I do not want to waste the money when finding myself needing buy all new clothes by the end of the year. The upside is that we usually dress casual at work during the summer months. Ebay has always served me well…we shall see.

Do you have any specific concerns?

This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

feb 9th ⏰????

This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

We would LOVE to have you join in wit us! Just go to Facebook and search my name LaNae Davis Petersen, send me a friend request. I can then send you an invite to secret page and then I'll remove you back off my friends list :)

It's meant to be a positive group who we can all be going through the same things at the same tim on this journey! The goals will be to provide support, bounce questions off each other, have somewhere safe to share on the days that aren't so great, and share our victories on this journey!

MOST importantly it's all confidential, unless you are in this group people can't see the group, who's in it or what the posts are.

I am have gastric bypass Feb. 26th. I have been waiting since June 2015 to complete my program requirements and waiting for my surgery date. Super excited and scared all at the same time. I know different surgeons require different pre-op diets but mine is no more than 800 calories daily, Protein Shakes only with the exception of 1 sub. of diet juice or sugar-fee Popsicles for 2 weeks. Really dreading that part, but I know it is totally going to be worth it. It is going to be hard to cooking dinner for my family for those weeks but something I will have to get used to. :rolleyes:

Feb 9th here...started my 2 week liquid pre-op diet today. I can't wait for this ☺I'm scared and nervous at the same time. It's only day one and I feel like this is going to be really hard but I know I can do this, I have too. Any advice on finding a Protein drink/powder that doesn't taste awful?

I actually am flying in that morning. Having the surgery done, then flying home later that same evening. Since my flight is short they said they are okay with me going home. I am just having the sleeve done though

I'm traveling too! This is a closed/secret group for everyone who is going to have bypass surgery in February 2016!

Feb 17th!

I'm lucky. My pre op diet is 2 protien shakes per day, 2 protien bars, one meal with 5oz lean meat and non starchy veggies.

Surgery date 2/23/16! Excited and really nervous!

My date is February 16. I start the liver reduction diet on Tuesday. I am so anxious!!

we on the same boat.. Same surgery date and preop date......that means we need to eat an amazing meal today and tomorrow lolz

@@SHOTzY* Soooo true when you say that we "...get all excited and panicked in a way". Every time I think about it or my wife reminds me of how many days remain, I get excited and then I get the butterflies in my stomach. I have had several surgeries (i.e., tonsillectomy, uvulectomy, meniscus on both knees, terminate reduction, etc.) over the past 15 years, but this one is different.

My surgeon is only requiring me to be on liquid only diet two days prior to surgery because he requires 4 weeks of liquid after surgery and feels that is enough torture. How is your liver cleansing diet going? I wish you to best as well and I look forward to hearing about your recovery process.

My preop is feb 16th. But the dietician told me I probably wouldn't have to do liquid diet... Not sure. Is it totally liquid? That's crazy!!! Yikes!!????

I think ur fine they should of told you by now..... My surgery is also the 16th and I start my diet on the second... But it def does depend on the doctor because a couple of,my friends didn't have to do it at all but a girl I met on here had to do 6weeks preop

My RNY is the 13th. I was told full liquids the day before and nothing on day of surgery. I went thru this last month. I was scheduled for 1/8/16 and then was rescheduled for February the day of surgery. So I get to go thru the butterflies again in 2 weeks????