Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision surgery hours away!

On my way to the hospital.I did not sleep all night.The day is finally here and I hopefully will by the grace of getting GOD I will come out of this surgery victorious and ready to spring ahead on my new improved life.I have suffered with the lap band since 2004 .I never came close to the amount of weight loss I needed.I have dealt with sliming,frequent trips to the bathroom to puke,carrying plastic bags to stop off on the side of the road to vomit.Obsessed with eating...what could I eat to avoid an episode....weight gain....constant pain and protrusion on or around the port area and acid reflux to no end.

I lived with it for so long because I was convinced I could make it work.Other health problems ensued DVT ,gallbladder,breast cancer,hysterectomy and PCOS.These were immediate needs that I attended to with band issues simultaneously.I really tried to make it work....All the weight has returned.

I need a reboot in my life and this is my new chapter ..."I want me back"!!!

Wish me luck...this site and everyone has really informed me with such useful information and shared experiences..I am grateful.

Almost there.....surgery scheduled for 11:30....psyched!

I will pray for the success of your surgery. Check back with us when you are on the other side and keep us informed of your progress.

Yay! Are you having the bypass done at the same time? I had my lap band from 1-5-04 to 9-12-14. The bypass is SOOOO much better! I probably like eating now more than even before the band....hard to explain but I am not a slave to food but can just enjoy it and I can eat anything, unlike life with the band. I've lost 107 lbs and am at goal. Welcome to your new life!

In the waiting room...with an IV hooked up to me....evidently it is a very use time."just got heparin injection.Waiting for the anesthesiologist.

Good luck!!! I had my band out the end of October and my bypass is on for March. My sergon wont do it in one operation so Im struggling now not to gain even more weight while I wait. Lucky you!! Let us know how you did! Prayers!

Congratulations on your new beginning, pinkgirl!! I had a ton of issues with my band and also gained all my weight back plus 10 extra pounds. I got the band removed a year ago and converted to bypass in April and for me there is absolutely no comparison. I wish I had done bypass first! Remember that the first few weeks are for healing and you will likely hit a stall very early on in the process. It's disconcerting but completely normal and after you get past it the weight really will start falling off! Concentrate on getting those fluids in. It will help you feel better sooner if you don't get dehydrated. Welcome to the wonderful world of bypass! :)

Congratulations pink girl!!!!! Yeahhh! Your probably walking around the hospital or still under anesthesia. Best of luck! I had the band removed and bypassed on 12/18 and today was my first full day back at work

It's been tough so much scar tissue.My doctor had a rough time.I am in a great deal of pain but ok...rough but no regrets.

Pink! So good to hear from you, glad your out of surgery. Id love more details when you feel up to it. Why did you have so much scar tissue I wonder?

The lapband removal was difficult.It was flipped and from many years of having it.I had so much scar tissue .How he did it all in one is amazing.I am in a bunch of pain but ok.

Very sore.

The lapband removal was difficult.It was flipped and from many years of having it.I had so much scar tissue .How he did it all in one is amazing.I am in a bunch of pain but ok.

Very sore.

Mine was complicated like that as well. I had a heads up because my surgeon did my removal and bypass as 2 separate procedures so he already knew there were lots of adhesions but apparently it was even worse than he expected. Remember to stay on top of the pain. It's no fun for the first few days but very soon you will be feeling better and getting healthier! I felt the same way you do; the pain is temporary and very well worth it. :)

Better days are ahead!

Pink girl,

How are you doing now?

I am new here, had my band since 2007, reading your post was like you were reading my mind. I am currently in the process fulfilling my requirements before surgeon's office can submit to insurance for my revision. All these years I was so scared to go this route but was finally fed up after gaining a lot of weight back I decided I have to face my fear and go through it. At that time I had no idea that there have been so many revisions lately, I was glad to learn I was not alone and wasn't the only one that failed!

How is your hunger ?

My main problem is that I am always so hungry (not head hungry), I am hoping RNY will help me with this.

How long did it take for you to recover? I can't really take few weeks off from work so trying to figure things out, I know each person is different though...

Thanks!

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

I had a hell of a hard surgery....The surgeon said there was so much scar tissue around the band....Not only did it flip it was pulling my stomach up so I have a new 2" scar about an 1 1/2" from the original...so much for them removing it with a keyhole..,.throuugh the original site...I was cut.My stomach has about 10 stitch/scar points.My stomach is still swollen...distended and so sore!

I was released the next day...they wanted me to stay an extra night but I convinced them I could do it.I went home.It is not easy A lot of pain...I feel as though I was in a bad car accident.The first 3 days were hard....I used the Toridol pain killer pills they prescribed as well as the anti nausea medication.They want you to walk,walk,walk....please ...it is very hard...pain and sleepiness....very tired.

Today is my first day off of Clear liquids onto full liquids...I am cautious....had Tomato Soup diluted with chicken broth and now the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein I added.I also had some coconut Water and finally a small Greek plain yogurt.I am still deficient in my Vitamin and water...

As I write I have just had a heating pad on my left side (back).Is that a kidney issue? I have gotta sit here a sip more water.....I went to the grocery store and got some progreso pea Soups and tomato Soups .Its hard walking in the grocery store in pain ,looking like a zombie....but that is a way to walk....

I need to drink more clear fluids.... No regrets....

I can't take weeks off from work that is why the holiday saved me ....Tomorrow (Monday) will be a full week since I had surgery .I can't make it tomorrow...no way so I just have to call in.I don't have the finances or seniority to take many days off so I definitely will have to brave it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am so angry with myself for allowing the failed lapband to just go on and on....I had it in 2004 and from the beginning It failed me....I only lost 35 pounds initially.I struggled for years trying to make it work...It has ruined my insides.I am an involuntary bulimic because.I was constantly thinking about food....what could I eat without throwing up???Hunger like hell and my weight was creeping unsteadily.The worse acid reflux you could imagine....Ugh there were days that I would be so hungry ,ravenous....full of air trying to figure out what I could eat and not slime or puke....chocolate,bread,Pasta,muffins and Bagels always went down easy...chicken.vegetables,fruits or anything could set off a puke session...I was soooo hungry 24/7.......my eophagus I was diagnosed as torturous...because endoscopy indicated the root problem..

I am so glad to get this revision to bypass...all though some discomfort..,each day gets better.....

You gotta get a revision!They make you jump through hoops but do it!!!!

Sandy

Thank you Sandy for sharing your experience, seriously I really appreciate it. I sure hope you keep getting better and better each day. How is your hunger now?

I am constantly hungry even as soon as I just eat my portioned meal, it's ridiculous. I am so over this band, I have been regretting it for many years now, also kept thinking I can make it work. Getting nervous what they would find me me as well when they go in to remove it. I still have 2 more months of supervised diet to go through and psych visit in February so looking at end of March insurance submittal... Feels like long ways away...

One other thing with work is I don't want people at work knowing what I am doing, I would share with them afterwards if I will start losing weight but I don't want their comments etc before hand... Is that weird?

Hope you have a pain free night!Natalie