Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision surgery hours away!

87 pounds???!!!!wow ...fantastic.Congratulations!!!I need tips please....

I am exactly a week post op....sore as hell...tough revision surgery exactly as yours ...that band really did a job on me!Will try to go to work tomorrow....yes a week out....work....will play it by ear...

Ugh a flashback...remember how hungry you would get from the band....I was so obsessed...with food....ravenous...Trying to cheat puke ups....those days are definitely behind me...My poor tortured esophagus will hopefully heal....

Wow, a week is really early! I got lucky and our department was outsourced 8 days before surgery, lol. Lost my job of 10 years but it was great to actually have time to adjust to everything. The main problem for me early on was fatigue. I was soooo tired. I thought that I was feeling hunger right around that time and I started asking questions. Turns out it was actually thirst! As long as I could stay hydrated I did not experience hunger.

I do think that since this was not my first weight loss surgery, I was prepared to go through all of the phases of the post-op diet, and I was able to stay on track with that. I found that some of the allowed foods did not sit well with me (eggs were hard at first) so I just put that food aside for a couple of months until I felt more healed. It was definitely a process of trial and error, but I really have changed my eating habits for the better and I don't even care for the sweets and carbs I used to crave. I live by the "Protein first" rule, and even if I am having a salad for a meal it is topped with Protein. I did start taking B12 when my doctor suggested it, and that helped greatly with fatigue. I still take it daily. I am, however, off of my blood pressure meds and the early diabetic regimen I used to be on! :)

The one thing I struggle with is exercise. I know I need to get a good routine but I just haven't been able to make myself do it. I am about 20 pounds from goal now, though, and I know these last 20 pounds are not going to just lose themselves, lol.

I am so glad I decided to do the revision. It really has changed my life for the better. I am excited to see your progress, too! Remember that you will likely experience a stall in a couple of weeks that can last quite a while. Mine was two looooong weeks (almost 3!) but I knew it was just my body adjusting to all of the changes. Once that stall ended I started dropping weight very quickly. That's when things really get exciting!!

I agree....I am going to go in for a few hours and that's it....damn finances.

Outsourcing...ugh...different blog....

I think you have lost a great deal of weight..,doing really well.Exercise is ok now because you can now slowly move into it without all that extra weight.I will incorporate gradually walking...,not the marathon type.

That's my plan, too! I have a bad back and was actually receiving steroid injections prior to surgery, so I still have a fear that I am going to throw my back out. At this point it is more of an excuse than an actual fear, though. I have not had a single episode since surgery! What I need to do is walk. I do walk more than I used to, and I am up and moving a LOT more than I used to be, but the next step for me is to add an actual routine into my daily regimen. I am really hoping that I can muster up the motivation I need to get that started. Swimsuit season is right around the corner. Woot! :)

Yep, I was a medical transcriptionist for my local hospital for 10 years. We got a new manager who had zero experience with transcription, so she got rid of us. Now I am back in school and working on my Bachelor's in Business so I will have some skills that will not be outdated anytime soon. :)

I had terrible scar tissue and if I look back I probably should of had 2 phase instead of all in one revision.

Rough

It sounds like your surgeon was comfortable doing everything at once, though, so that's good! It really is rough at first, though. I had a JP drain in for 2 weeks, too, and that thing drove me crazy!! I had to laugh at myself, though. With the scars from the band and the partially-healed scars from band removal, plus the 7 new scars from revision AND the bruises everywhere from the heparin injections I looked like I had been jumped in a dark alley, lol! :)

Yes indeed...these scars are definitely etched....

Thank you everyone , I am excited /scared /worried/sick of liquids lol but only got to wait till Friday so fingers crossed and I will let you know how it went in a couple of days X

Sounds like it's a bit rough at first but I have suffered for five years so bad with this bloody band that I'm ready for one last torture lol

I need help, my scale is going in the wrong direction and I am really trying to do everything right... I cannot gain weight, so I was told in this 3 month diet. It's like my metabolism is completely shut down, really makes me worry if eve RNY will help me :(

I need help, my scale is going in the wrong direction and I am really trying to do everything right... I cannot gain weight, so I was told in this 3 month diet. It's like my metabolism is completely shut down, really makes me worry if eve RNY will help me :(

What day is your surgery?

Pink girl,

I am not scheduled for surgery yet, I am not even approved by insurance yet. They require 3 months of supervised diet and psych evaluation before we can submit to insurance. I am on month 1 right now, my patient surgery coordinator from my surgeons office said that weight loss is ok with this 3 month diet but I need to make sure I don't gain. With my weigh in on 14th I am getting very nervous. :(

You have metabolic syndrome like I have....it is not until your surgery that you will see a difference...the band robs you of that!

Honestly I cannot even imagine that I will be able to lose the weight... Been at this all my life....revision is my only hope.

I was feeling the same....don't get bogged down in negativity...nothing great is gonna happen while you have the band...please know this...your system is screwed up right now with the band....don't look to see results....just coast until you can get revision to bypass...

Keep positive

Revision is a must...your current tool is faulty....

Don't give up!

I know a gal who was banded for 8 years, had a clean removal then went in 5 months later for her bypass and came out with a sleeve because she had too much scar tissue for the bypass. Thats my fear! I had the band for 7 years and got it out 2 months ago. My bypass surgery should be early march, no exact date yet.

I know a gal who was banded for 8 years, had a clean removal then went in 5 months later for her bypass and came out with a sleeve because she had too much scar tissue for the bypass. Thats my fear! I had the band for 7 years and got it out 2 months ago. My bypass surgery should be early march, no exact date yet.

Wow that is scary indeed, that darn scar tissue! I had my band for 8 years oh boy...

I was feeling the same....don't get bogged down in negativity...nothing great is gonna happen while you have the band...please know this...your system is screwed up right now with the band....don't look to see results....just coast until you can get revision to bypass...

Keep positive

Revision is a must...your current tool is faulty....

Don't give up!

Thank you for the support pink girl!

I am trying to be positive, but if I gain weight on the scale insurance might not approve the revision, so I am really trying to get it down.

It's amazing how some people start walking or give up soda or bread and pounds just fall off and here we are fighting with all we've got and gaining.

So glad I found this forum, really need this support, thank you!

Not sure about that..,I put on weight during my lapband waiting to be approved....because I could only eat slider foods....please make sure your doctors/nutritionist make a note that you are throwing up and can't keep a lot of food down....dependent on soft foods...inconsistent eating habits because of Gerd,slime and vomit episodes....make them notate this Everytime you see one.My NUT was great she didn't put pressure on me...because she understood...I had one NUT prior that didn't understand my woes...,handed me a diet chart and a measuring cup....I saw her once and that was it....How do you expect me to keep to a plan when You sometimes can't eat for hours... when you are able ...you have missed meals and want to eat the kitchen sink! You can't stick to a set diet plan because the band won't let you.....