Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My goal for 2016 is to reduce my body fat percent, get my boob fixed, and find a boyfriend - bet that is a unique combo!

i would like to go back to Hawaii. And see the SF Giants play Chicago at Wrigley field. Big question mark on further body contouring, but Botox is coming my way.

Looks like we have some good ones.

It’s great to see how many have “goal weight” in the forecast for 2016! Good luck getting there, and keep sharing your progress on the forums!

I agree somewhat about the silliness of January 1 being a day to make resolutions and start healthy behaviors. Of course we can (and should) start whenever we can. On the other hand…having that day as a semi official day to spur us on can be a good thing, because many of us – certainly myself included – tend to put things off for another day, another week...so January 1 forces me to start NOW!

Good luck to all, and Happy New Year! Let us all be part of the gym crowd that sticks around past February!

One thing that struck me this year as I thought abut resolutions was for the first time in over ten years my resolutions did not focus on weight loss or anything to do with my body- it made me laugh with happiness when I realized that I am happy at my weight and fitness levels and while there is always some room for improvement- I feel 100% happy with my weight and body! It is such a freeing feeling.

That being said my resolutions are to finish writing my novel and to try cave spelunking!!

Happy New Years everyone!!

The focus of 2016 for me will continue to be centered on my health and weight loss journey. I plan to reach my goal weight by my birthday in March, but even if I don't I will continue my eating plan. I'm a bit of a foodie and love good food and wine but now realize that alcohol may need to drop off the menu along with the recreation of trying out new restaurants. My husband wanted to take me out for a big New Year's Eve dinner at a highly acclaimed restaurant, but when I saw the menu I realized I would be overeating ( several courses were being served) and over drinking. I didn't want to feel the regret of going off my plan and trying to eat all that food or the sting of him paying for food / wine I can't eat / drink. We opted for a fun evening with friends and I was able to take a few healthy appetizers for their buffet. Their celebration was alcohol- free. Surprisingly, neither one of us felt deprived and we had a great time.

Even though this is sort of unrelated, I have been the recipient of some of my mom's estate - antiques and household items. Although I really love her, I'm not an antique kind of person contemporary and minimalist is more my style. The realization came that all stuff has been in my garage and storage for about 5 years, cluttering my space with its physical and emotional weight and costing extra money to store. My resolution is to find a way to let go of her things ( keeping the great memories of course) and lose the burden that having it entails. Having surgery has helped me to become lighter in so many ways that I cannot imagine the act of divesting myself of all the stuff I've been holding onto will not further enhance my journey going forward.

So many things about having VSG have come as a surprise. I'm looking forward to more NSVs, optimizing my health and helping my hubby as he begins to lose weight too. Looks like we're off to a good start????????????????Happy New Year and wishes for your success to all my Bariatric Pals!

My goals for this year include transitioning from a personal trainer to working out on my own. Other goals include starting my own business and getting rid of the clutter at home.

So far I am still on track with my resolutions.