Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Weeks post op Frenzy!

I'm 11 weeks post op and can't eat a full small meal yet! Get sick still and run to bathroom before It happens!! Anybody else feel frustrated

What are you considering a "full small meal"?

A small baby dish of quinoa n kale. No drinking??

Is the kale cooked? I don't think I was allowed raw veggies yet at 11 weeks. Also, while quinoa does have some Protein, I wouldn't consider it a great Protein source, so I don't really see that as an appropriate post-WLS "meal". At 11 weeks, you should be able to do maybe 3 oz. of meat, depending on the type of meat and the density of it.

How are you doing with Protein shakes? Any trouble keeping those down or is it just solids you are struggling with?

the kale is steamed really well i can do Protein Shakes all day but meat not much only a small piece of fish a few shrimp etc i guess my body is still healing

the kale is steamed really well i can do Protein shakes all day but meat not much only a small piece of fish a few shrimp etc i guess my body is still healing

Have you asked your surgeon about it? IO was super lucky and didn't throw up at all post-op, though I did have some times when I ate too much or too fast and I was very very miserable for a while afterward. There was definitely a learning curve for me once I was on solid foods to be able to accurately judge how much I could eat safely (without pain and discomfort) and how fast to eat. It wasn't really until I was about 4 months out that I really got the hang of it.

A few shrimp is actually pretty normal. I'm almost 16 months out and I still can't eat more than maybe 10 medium shrimp at once? When I was where you're at, I could maybe have done 5?

Its the vomiting that has me worried about you. Hopefully you can get that figured out.

For some reason, I cannot eat kale and quinoa? It never has stayed down.

A nice Soup is a bit better and moist for me

Best of luck. Trial and error is how this works for many of us.

Is the vomiting from eating too fast? Make sure to eat slowly and chew really well. Protein first then veggies. Quinoa and leafy vegetables would be hard to digest at this point.

I was an upchucker and at 2.5 years out, I still am occasionally. Sounds to me like you are pushing your FULL button a bit too much. Quinoa isn't your best choice right now nor is kale.

At 11 weeks, I was still doing purees and just starting soft foods. I could eat MAYBE 2 shrimp or 2 tablespoons of chicken salad. tuna, shrimp salad. Any more than that and it would all come back.

I had to train myself to eat smaller bites at a slower pace. I bought some baby spoons and I would eat a small bite off whatever I was having, walk a lap around my downstairs, and then have another bite. This slowed me down, made me chew better, got some extra steps in and helped me burp up any air (the enemy of many sleeved tummies) I had swallowed.

Try it and see.

After my RNY gastric bypass surgery, I found it difficult to eat most foods. I found that softer foods. such as chili and Soups, went down much better. So that is what I stuck with. I provided some recipes at the end of the following article. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

I agree with the probably eating a bit too much and the kale may also be too much at this point.

I was allowed certain veggies/fruit relatively early out 4 weeks +/- but nothing with seeds, tough skins, stringy (celery), etc. That's again where different programs allow different things. I have yet to eat celery unless it was chopped very small, like in chicken salad.

I would eat smaller amounts and focus on just Protein for a while still. Soups are great and can be blended to mush :D

I found myself vomiting after any dense food with volume (like more than 2 shrimp or more than 2T tuna salad) until I had an EGD with dilation for a structure at 11 weeks. I am now 12 wks out and while I still could not consume more than 1-2 ozs I am no longer vomiting. It is just a slower progression for me. I knew something was wrong at 2 wks when I was having difficulty trying to keep soft foods down past 1 T. It has been very trying and I look forward to the day I can consume enough Protein and fluids so that I am not sick to my stomach and I can stop these protein shakes!