Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GoFundMe accounts?

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if everything you have to say is negative then nobody wants to hear it. I don't care if this is public or not.

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if everything you have to say is negative then nobody wants to hear it. I don't care if this is public or not.[/quote

I've had 2600+ posts in this forum, and I can assure you they aren't all negative. Like I said, feel free to put me on ignore. Easy peasy.

Sounds like a wonderful idea

wow. What happened to the good old days when people kept their mouths shut and kept scrolling if they didn't have anything nice to say? I guess those days have long gone and passed.

I'm planning to have my surgery next month in Mexico as well. Which Doctor did you decide to go with?

yay!!!!! I'm going with Dr. Ramos Kelly!!! What about you?!

wow. What happened to the good old days when people kept their mouths shut and kept scrolling if they didn't have anything nice to say? I guess those days have long gone and passed.

I'm planning to have my surgery next month in Mexico as well. Which Doctor did you decide to go with?

We're in a public forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if you don't like it. I don't care for the Go Fund Me Approach. Feel free to ignore my posts if you like. That goes for you too, @bellabloom.

To the OP: I'm very happy you're getting your surgery. Just because I don't like Go Fund Me, doesn't mean I'm not rooting for you.

thank you very much. I'm very excited ????

My point with the horse story is that I was raised to not expect anything for nothing. I have to work hard for not only everything I want, but also for everything I need, and I shouldn't expect anyone else to pay my way. That has translated into self sufficiency, financial responsibility, prioritization, and patience. I am grateful for that invaluable life lesson.

And no, WLS is not a medical necessity in the sense it has to happen today. Unlike an emergency procedure like a cardiac bypass or removing a ruptured appendix or stopping internal bleeding after trauma, it can wait. Like the OP, My insurance didn't cover WLS. I was obese, in constant pain, had high blood pressure and was pre diabetic. But that still didn't mean I had a "right" to have this surgery. Instead, I saved for over two years to make it happen. And turns out the OP has found a way to make it happen, too. And I'm very happy for her and wish her all the success in the future.

thank you so much ????

yay!!!!! I'm going with Dr. Ramos Kelly!!! What about you?!

Dr Carlos A via Bariatricpal

Looks like Babbs is at it again!

I guess I'm a meanie, too, because I've taught my kids that they, too, are SOL if they can't afford something. I've loaned them money, I've given them extra chores, I've even helped them find after school jobs, but I will NOT let them ask their relatives for money just because they want something really really bad.

Real life and all that jazz. ;)

I never ever ask anyone for anything. Ever. I'd rather starve to death than ask someone (family or other) for a cracker or $1 for a McDonald's mcchicken sandwich because I don't like anyone to have anything they can hang over my head. More over, I don't want anyone judging me, questioning what I do, asking me for money etc.... If hubby and I can't make it happen then it won't get done. I'm saying this as I've been homeless, penniless and hopeless. I picked myself up and did what I had to do on my own. I've been working for years, paying into a medical plan "and all that jazz" too...so.

It's not anyone's place to judge. I'm sure you've been made fun of and judged a few times In your life...did you like it?

Why do people feel the need to be so negative and sarcastic all the darn time.

Never said you did.

Not judging anyone.

Don't really care/never really cared if some "judged" or "made fun of" me. ;)

I love that there are a few peeps here that are highly offended for the OP -- but the OP isn't.

I love that the people getting "trashed" for being negative/rude/sarcastic/etc, simply for stating that they don't support Go Fund Me in this situation, something the OP didn't use, but did ask for opinions on.

I love that a few were attacked for having an opinion, but someone else who had the same opinion was praised. Seems to me that the "judgement" came from the accusers for personal reasons not for the opinions asked for and voiced. Hmmm... ;)

I'm thrilled that the OP found a way, and I wish her well.

No. Some people can state their opinion with out being rude & others just like to be rude & nasty. It's old.

No. Some people can state their opinion with out being rude & others just like to be rude & nasty. It's old.

Please show me where I was nasty and rude. I simply related a story about how I am raising my children.

In fact, show where anyone was nasty and rude OTHER than the people who are pointing out the "nasty and rude" in others.

That's usually how it goes here. The ones screaming the loudest about others are usually the ONLY ones pointing fingers and calling names. It's amusing at best.

:D

A$$holes and opinions, everyone has one.

Sometimes replies are about as subtle as a sledgehammer, so there is no misinterpretation; other times, since this is not a face to face conversation with visual cues, someone's reply may be misinterpreted.

Please show me where I was nasty and rude. I simply related a story about how I am raising my children.

In fact, show where anyone was nasty and rude OTHER than the people who are pointing out the "nasty and rude" in others.

That's usually how it goes here. The ones screaming the loudest about others are usually the ONLY ones pointing fingers and calling names. It's amusing at best.

:D

If you weren't rude why are you commenting? My response was toward one person and we have addressed the issue. Now if there is something you want to say to me specifically, feel free. Strangers on the internet can't hurt my feelings.