Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on Dec 23, I have a cold and un-supportive husband

Please have the surgery for yourself. It doesn't matter what he thinks. This is for your life and your health. He is not thinking of your welfare so please think of it for yourself. Please don't let him bully you into losing this opportunity. It's the best thing I ever did.

Thank you everyone for your support!

I had the surgery this afternoon and will be going home from the hospital tomorrow I hope. I feel SO relieved! (And drugged up like crazy).

just keep in mind the first week is the hardest, it gets easier after that. I had to keep telling myself the first week that the pain and the not eating was only temporary to get through it. youll never eat like you used to but you get used to it. so glad you decided to have the surgery, its so worth it, ive lost 35 lbs in 2 and a half months. ive still got 20 more and im sure ill get there. I hope you enjoy your sleeve.

:D :D :D :D :D

Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!

SO glad you had the surgery!!!!!!

Yay for you that you went through with the surgery! What a great gift to yourself of better health! You will feel better and better every day. Congratulations.

Congratulations! Keep us posted on your recovery. We can be your support!

Congratulations! ! I am so happy you chose your own happiness!!

Just reading your story. Congratulations on going through with the operation. It is a huge deal for all of us but feeling unsupported by a loved one does make it that much harder.

I am 58 have 3 adult children and 3 grandchildren. My children support me but my husband doesn't really. We have been married 35years but he has always sabotaged every diet I have been on because he likes to win.. I know this sounds strange but he thinks if I loose weight and get fit I will be able to walk faster or even jog faster than him. That I will get the attention..to tell you the truth I think he is jealous.. He comes from a highly competitive family I dont...The thought of me loosing 12pounds or more in one month horrifies him because it's not him!

I have been to see a shrink because I wanted to make sure I was doing this op for me and not to annoy my husband.. Odd thinking isn't it..but honestly all our married life has been competitive from jobs and salaries etc.. Weight he has always won..nervous energy skinny..

I am having this operation not to annoy him but to prevent my joints getting so bad he has to push me around in a wheel chair or I have to use a mobile walker.

I could become diabetic and my Hashimotos could become uncontrollable. I am having this op for me and me alone He can either support me or get lost.. But I like you am determined to prove to myself and him that I can put myself first and put my health first.

As far as exercise goes I found swimming and bike riding so far don't hurt..post op not sure.

It's hard being married to an A hole isn't it! Just keep a sense of humour... Just to really p him off...lol...