Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone's first surgery?

This will be my very first surgery and I'm worried of the experience. Anyone else is having their first one?

Tonsils out when I was really young.....I still remember the ice cream and getting a new G.I. Joe outa the deal.

Knee surgery on right knee at 15 years old

Knee surgery on left knee at 17 years old

Right ankle tendon repair (golfing injury.....seriously....who needs surgery after golf ? )

Vasectomy (Hey....I'm counting that one.....anything that involves a scalpel coming into contact with my sack gets to count, right?)

Three abdominal hernia repairs

I said all that to say this........my sleeve surgery was, by far, the easiest of all of these. Least pain, least restriction, least effort on my part. Other than the small incisions, I questioned my surgeon if he even did anything.

You are going to do great and rock the results.

You might be surprised that you don't experience any of the problems that folks talk about here. I have not been nauseated. I did not have the gas pains that people talk about and my pouch doesn't get "angry". Hopefully you will just sail through.

Thanks Dub and MarciaN for the support, I really need it. I will hopefully do good :)

"ivettev001" best of luck to you! Keep us posted once done

You might be surprised that you don't experience any of the problems that folks talk about here. I have not been nauseated. I did not have the gas pains that people talk about and my pouch doesn't get "angry". Hopefully you will just sail through.

Well said !!!!!!!!

You always hear way more from folks who are voicing complaints than you do from the overwhelming number who are beyond happy with their results.

Hi Everyone... Thanks to everyone that wished me the best ☺❤ Right now I'm feeling better. Still sleepy but good. Just did my first walk! I dnt have problem putting ice or Water in. I did dou had pain chest because of gas but meds help n walking also. Ahhh n my hubby palm my back like a baby n it Did help too lol I'm a little sore, but they say tommorow I will be more... I hope not ???? But I will keep u guys update. How about my other Sleeve sisters here? How are they? Dec 21st

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Ivettev001-- It gets better each day About day 5 you'll start feeling human again. So glad things went well.

Ivettev001-- It gets better each day About day 5 you'll start feeling human again. So glad things went well.

Thank you sweetheart. Yea I hope so Lol Now my only issue is that something (dnt know if meds, sheets, hospital clothe, pillows, etc) gave me rash...they change all the pillows sheets, quilt, clothe, I took a shower with a cloth, and the nurse gave me benadryl which makes me sleepy. And the gas in my chest when I drink Water But it passes fast...auugh it kinda hurts :'(

Edited by ivettev001

Thank you sweetheart. Yea I hope so Lol Now my only issue is that something (dnt know if meds, sheets, hospital clothe, pillows, etc) gave me rash...they change all the pillows sheets, quilt, clothe, I took a shower with a cloth, and the nurse gave me benadryl which makes me sleepy. And the gas in my chest when I drink Water But it passes fast...auugh it kinda hurts :'(

You are doing great.

It'll get tremendously easier each day.

A couple days after you get home you'll look at the pain meds and laugh because you'll no longer need them.

Hang in there and be careful with your new self. You are going to feel great really, really soon.

I actually brought Benadryl strips with me because I was told that some people get rashes from the drugs given during surgery. Just sip that Water to help get all the "stuff" out of your system.

You are doing great.

It'll get tremendously easier each day.

A couple days after you get home you'll look at the pain meds and laugh because you'll no longer need them.

Hang in there and be careful with your new self. You are going to feel great really, really soon.

Thank you so much for your support!! I appreciate it

I actually brought Benadryl strips with me because I was told that some people get rashes from the drugs given during surgery. Just sip that Water to help get all the "stuff" out of your system.

I didn't know but the nurses are very helpful they take good care of me.

@@ivettev001 - Glad to hear you are ok -

NOW the work begins:

walk

hydrate

follow doctors orders to a "T"

keep us posted

YOU got this!