Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for someone to connect with after surgery

tried to find the Facebook but can't.. I'm gonna keep on looking

Bri, I also cannot find it. The link won't work for me

Did they give you any tips for the challenges you're having bri? How long did you have to stay in the hospital?

I'd like to be a member of the December 2015 Sleevers. The link doesn't work for me either.

My surgery is scheduled for 12/31.

Hey sleevegal! Nice to meet you. Would you mind giving height and weight? My surgery is tomorrow! How are you feeling about yours? I just went shopping today for food. I'm going to make my life simple and start with baby food I decided. I didn't think I would be up for making such tiny meals for myself and one meal would last like a month so I didn't want to do that.

I also have to be on only Gatorade for 1 week after surgery. I bought all of the kinds I could find today. Lol

I'm 48 years old.

5'7"

HW 272

CW 256

GW ???

I'm excited/nervous.

My timeline:

Jul - bariatric seminar

Aug - group NUT class & initial labs

Sep - physical & first one-on-one with NUT

Oct - upper GI & H-pylori ok. Abdominal ultrasound found kidney cysts. Followed up by kidney ultrasound, visit to urologist. Kidney CT found 2mm kidney stones, which led to 2 consecutive 24-hour urine collections. I now have to increase H2O, take magnesium citrate and repeat kidney CT in 6 months.

Nov - psych clearance & final NUT visit

Dec - insurance approval (only took 3 business days)

I was required to do 6 months of supervised diet but only had to do 3 with the surgeon because I had 3 months of Weight Watchers weigh-in booklets.

I have a pre-surgical "class" and labwork on Monday.

The process seems long but it's been a very busy 4 months with all these doctor's appointments. Thank goodness I have great insurance and met my deductible & out-of-pocket before I started this whole process!

Edited by SleeveGal

Sleevegal, I had a 6 month program as well! I'm sorry about all the extra you had to do! But I'm glad to know kidneys are okay and just being watched! I hit my deductible in 2 days when I just started this process. I got a bill and I was like holy crap! It was over 500 for a 1 hour endocrine appointment! This medical stuff..myikes!

I am 5'4 261 lbs. I started the process in June and was required to complete 6 months of nutrition classes. My surgery date is 12/29 and I start my two week liquid diet on Tuesday.

In preparation for the purée stage of the diet, I made several of my favorite Soups, puréed them, and froze in ice trays for easy 1 oz portions.

I also did not tell my co-workers, but today I accidently left my fax confirmation on the fax machine showing my Fmla request and surgery information. I am so mad that I did that!!!!

Well I have contacted the insurance and a few surgeons here in my country to find out some more information, hopefully I will hear something back soon!

Shel, that's a good idea about the soup! I actually got my elf 1oz ice cube trays but I didn't think to do that!

Good luck amanda! Hopefully it won't be long

So glad I found some December sleevers! I had surgery on 12/1 and the doctor found a hiatal hernia and repaired that at the same time. Overall things are going well. No more pain meds but getting enough Water is so hard! 1 week post op down 6.3 from surgery date and puréed food start today!

So glad I found some December sleevers! I had surgery on 12/1 and the doctor found a hiatal hernia and repaired that at the same time. Overall things are going well. No more pain meds but getting enough Water is so hard! 1 week post op down 6.3 from surgery date and puréed food start today!

I had surgery on 12/9. My doc informed me today he found a hiatal hernia and repaired it during surgery as well. I am able to get all my liquids in, thank goodness. I have my first follow up on the 16th. I hope to move on into another phase food wise. I can't wait until Monday to remove the On-Q. It truly the most annoying thing. So awkward.

Hey everyone. I had my surgery on the 10th. I'm feeling a but better now but I'm still in the hospital. I had a really rough night on Thursday and learned I'm VERY sensitive to painkillers. Didn't work out in my favor. I was supposed to get to go home this morning already. Feeling hopeful for tomorrow as well. I'm also having some issues getting liquids in. I contribute that to the fact that I'm exhausted 3/4 of the time.

jlvolkma, sending positive vibes your way. It sucks to feel crappy. This will pass and soon be a distant memory.

@@jlvolkma I'm sorry you're having a rough start. Sending positive vibes your way. You are going to look back on this soon and it will be but a distant memory. Stay positive!

Hey everyone. I had my surgery on the 10th. I'm feeling a but better now but I'm still in the hospital. I had a really rough night on Thursday and learned I'm VERY sensitive to painkillers. Didn't work out in my favor. I was supposed to get to go home this morning already. Feeling hopeful for tomorrow as well. I'm also having some issues getting liquids in. I contribute that to the fact that I'm exhausted 3/4 of the time.

I'm so sorry you had such a rough time. How are you feeling today? I'm a day ahead of you, today is the first day I actually feel like I could get dressed and leave the house. I haven't even showered since the morning of my surgery!

Think back to the difference between how you felt when you woke up yesterday, and how you felt when you went to bed. Compare it to the day before. Every day you're feeling a little bit better, every day you're getting past one more of the limited number of painful days we signed up for. A few more days and you'll be focused more on the positive changes in your body than the occasional pain. Then we can begin our exciting relationship with the scales for the first time!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk