Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something that has helped me is Kroger has Carbmaster chocolate milk. It helps if I get the rare desire for a taste of something sweet without killing me on carbs or calories and one cup has 11 grams of Protein.

Something that has helped me is Kroger has Carbmaster chocolate milk. It helps if I get the rare desire for a taste of something sweet without killing me on carbs or calories and one cup has 11 grams of Protein.< /p>

I Just tried this today, had to mix milk into it cause it was a little sweet. But it satisfied my chocolate wants. No dumping thankfully!

@@jhammer2 It's a slippery slope, so just say "No" to cheat days! Instead, find alternatives to the foods you want to "cheat" with and you'll have a Win/Win situation. Here's one example ... I love pizza and life without it just seemed like it would be dreadful. Instead, I searched and researched and found a recipe that I tweaked to my own taste and voila - I get to eat pizza! It's bariatric friendly of course (the crust is made out of ground chicken breast) but it tastes super delicious. I now but the 3 lb. container of Perdue ground chicken breast so I can make 19 individual crusts at one time. They freeze beautifully and then I can have pizza within minutes. The cost, breaks down to about 60 cents per crust. I have other recipes for quiche, cheese cracker crisps, pudding and frozen yogurt bars. Let me know if you'd like any of them and I'll gladly share.

Please pm me that pizza recipe! Life without pizza seems unbearable and so far your recipe looks the most amazing!!!

@jhammer2 It's a slippery slope, so just say "No" to cheat days! Instead, find alternatives to the foods you want to "cheat" with and you'll have a Win/Win situation. Here's one example ... I love pizza and life without it just seemed like it would be dreadful. Instead, I searched and researched and found a recipe that I tweaked to my own taste and voila - I get to eat pizza! It's bariatric friendly of course (the crust is made out of ground chicken breast) but it tastes super delicious. I now but the 3 lb. container of Perdue ground chicken breast so I can make 19 individual crusts at one time. They freeze beautifully and then I can have pizza within minutes. The cost, breaks down to about 60 cents per crust. I have other recipes for quiche, cheese cracker crisps, pudding and frozen yogurt bars. Let me know if you'd like any of them and I'll gladly share.

I'd love to have that recipe.

Novel idea.

Me too receipes please

I suspect this is more about head hunger and not real hunger given you had the sleeve. It is likely not possible for you to actually feel real hunger at this point. If you think you are actually hungry try drinking Water. Many times dehydration gives the same symptoms as hunger

Given this is likely head hunger, means you reall need some help getting your head around this. Have you considered a therapist?

This. It's hard to fathom "cravings" since Day 1 after surgery. I'm so you're struggling, but like others have said it's more than likely head hunger or you're seeking solace in behaviors, tastes and sensations that used to comfort you.

Hold tight and remember the end goal - weight loss and a healthy body! Already you're trying to rationalize bad behaviors. Don't give in.

I know myself and one cheat item leads to many...luckily for me sweets make me dump and even sugar free candies and low carb Protein Bars make me dump...I honestly just stuck it out and now I crave Protein chips and low fat string cheese. Never thought that would happen, but I crave protein now. Stay strong!

I feel your pain in regards to wanting foods. My problems has been now that I'm off the liquid stage I want to eat more and more solid foods than my pouch will allow. Sweets were never an issue for me as much as portions, but my body is quick to tell me when I'm trying to move too fast, i.e. trying to incorporate foods from advanced diet stages too soon.

Stick with your diet plan. As easily as your mind remembers how good the sweets/carbs tasted it will also forget as you move forward and incorporate new foods.

It's great to have such a great forum like this. As I was reading your post it was as if it was reading my own story. I had my surgery on 12/28/15. I feel like I am starving all day. Between sipping on Water and Protein throughout the day for Breakfast I eat 1/2 Greek yogurt thinned with water. For lunch I eat 6oz blended split pea Soup, and the same for dinner. Even after eating a whole 6oz I don't feel full. I read others stories and they say they are stuffed after 2oz or just a few bites. I see a lot of people say it's head hunger but it just does not seem like that's the case. Besides the pain and war wounds it doesn't feel like I had the surgery. I don't know why I thought by having surgery it would be different and I wouldn't be able to eat the amounts I am and would feel full and not want to eat like a lot of others I read out there. Very frustrating.

I couldn't agree more with what others have said about not giving in to the sugar cravings. I planned to enjoy a few holiday treats at Christmas and enjoyed them. What I noticed is that once I had them I was left craving more. I guess I have never really experienced this before. I went right back to my plan and within a few days the intense cravings were gone.

I found in my first month a lot of times I had just been eating when I was bored. One of my tactics was to stay busy with my hands or read which helped me a good bit.

Hang in there.

Sorry I haven't responded until now but I have been so busy that I haven't been on the site. Here's the chicken crust pizza recipe for all those who wanted it:

PIZZA CRUST – (Chicken)

Ingredients

• One pound ground (raw) chicken breast
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan
  • ¼ cup Reduced fat 4 cheese Italian shredded cheese – ¼ cup shredded cheese is 1 oz. by weight
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp black or cayenne pepper (I used cayenne)

Tools

• Mixing bowl (stand mixer - easiest combining method)
  • Baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza stone (crispiest crust)
  • Parchment paper
  • Wax paper
  • Rolling pin
  • Pam or any vegetable non-stick cooking spray

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
  1. In a medium bowl combine all of the above ingredients.
  1. Place a wet paper towel on a flat surface then place your parchment paper on it. Spray it with Pam and then put your chicken mixture on top. Mixture makes 1 large or I like to make 6 – 3 oz. portions, so 6 individual crusts. Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper with non-stick cooking spray (makes for easy removal). Place wax paper, sprayed side down and evenly press using a rolling pin to get it as thin as you’d like. Remove the wax paper and place parchment paper on pan bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
  1. Put the crust between two paper towels and pat to absorb any grease. It is chicken after all. Then place it on a new sheet of parchment before topping it. Top baked crust with sauce, cheese and you favorite healthy toppings.
  1. Place back in oven on baking sheet or preheated pizza stone and cook until melted and bubbly 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy! If you bake it on a pizza stone it will get crispier.

Crust Only:

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving:

Servings 6.0

Calories 114

Total Fat 3g

Carbohydrate 1g

Dietary Fiber 0g

Sugars 0g

Protein 19g

As Prepared :

1 Tbsp Prego pizza sauce

2 Tbsp Sargento reduced fat 4 cheese Italian shreds

1 tsp sautéed Vidalia onion

1 tsp sautéed red bell pepper

½ oz. cooked 90/10 lean ground beef

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0

Calories 238

Total Fat 10g

Carbohydrate 5g

Dietary Fiber 1g

Sugars 2g

Protein 31g

post-236324-0-23359100-1454346261_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-82539900-1454346271_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-07006100-1454346285_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-58067600-1454346299_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-73464400-1454346312_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-16479100-1454346324_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-30727900-1454346332_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-39279600-1454346342_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-77846600-1454346355_thumb.jpg

Here's one of my favorites - Magic Crust Quiche:

Magic Crust Quiche - Ham

Ingredients

2 cups 1% Lowfat Milk

1/2 cup All-purpose flour

5 large eggs

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Pepper Jack cheese shredded

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Swiss cheese shredded

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded

7 oz Ham diced small

1/4 cup Cooked red bell pepper diced small (or roasted red peppers in jar)

1/4 cup Cooked Vidalia or sweet onion diced small

Preheat oven to 350˚. In a blender or NutriBullet, mix eggs, milk and flour until blended, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder or whatever you’d like. In a bowl combine all cheeses, cooked meat and cooked veggies. Now add blended mixture and stir to combine. Pour into an 8”x8” or 9”x9” square glass dish. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 5-10 before serving. You can add whatever cheeses, veggies or meats suit your taste. I steer clear of chicken as it seems to dry to me. The small amount of flour firms up the sides and bottom making the “magic crust” while saving tons of calories. The Nutrition Facts are based on recipe above. FYI - the heavier meats, like ground beef, tend to fall to the bottom. Serving size is approximately 2”x2 1/2”

Nutrition Facts

Servings 12

Per serving:

Calories 120

Protein 12g

Fat 5g

Cholesterol 94 mg

Sodium 253 mg

Potassium 59 mg

Total Carbohydrate 7 g

Sugars 2 g

post-236324-0-19023500-1454346673_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-11134900-1454346692_thumb.jpg

Here's my alternative to crackers and chips - Super Yum:

cheese Crisp Squares

2 slices - Sargento Ultra thin Colby Jack cheese

sprinkle of seasoning to taste (I like cayenne pepper but taco seasoning is also quite tasty)

Break each slice into 4 equal squares, place on parchment paper and lightly sprinkle with your choice of seasoning (no need for salt). Must be parchment paper - NO exceptions! Place in 350° preheated oven on a baking sheet or 450° preheated pizza stone (reduce heat to 400° before baking squares) and bake for approximately 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn. Slide parchment paper off to cool on counter. Place cheese crisps on paper a towel to soak up any excess oil. They are super thin and delightfully crispy. They'll satisfy both your chip and cracker needs. I bought a 9” round pizza stone for my toaster oven (pics) so I can make these often. I love them with my salads.

Nutrition Facts

Serving size 8 crackers

Calories 80

Fat 7g

Carbs 1g

Fiber 0g

Sugar 0g

Protein 5g

post-236324-0-63579400-1454347467_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-40123200-1454347481_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-37824200-1454347491_thumb.jpg