Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Snack Suggestions

Where do all of you find all of the information on Inamed? I have looked through the site but am not finding diet suggestions or anything about the types of bands etc..

Leatha, you're exactly right. My no no list is exactly the same as the one the bypas folks get. In fact everything about the eating is the same excep the Bandsters progress through the stages faster. He has us on regular food in four weeks.

I buy the prepacked 100 calorie Wheat Thins so it will limit me. I also buy the Kraft Squeeze Sharp Cheddar cheese. I do well with things prepackaged. It costs a little more but sometimes I need the help. The little prepacked chips work well also. A big bag of something munchy is dangerous on a long trip. :Bunny

I went to a huge seminar on Band vs. Bypass. The huge selling point for the Band was that you don't have to give up any food (unless you can't tolerate it.) But bypass patients simply can't digest certain foods, so certain things make them physically sick. I was told they can't have chocolate, for example, because it can't be digested so they get really sick and either vomit or run to the potty.

All those foods on the "never eat again list" are obviously high fat and/or high carb foods that any weight loss program recommends/suggests. But that's too much like dieting and deprivation, which got us fat to begin with. I eat whatever I can tolerate in much smaller amounts, which is almost anything. I avoid bread because it tends to get stuck, but I love it so much that I'll eat 1/2 roll or a couple bits of hubby's sandwhich occasionally as long as I chew small bites really well. Same with steak. popcorn is no problem whatsoever. Sure, I try to make better food choices. But if you just stay away from forbidden foods, why get banded? Skinny doctors just don't understand.

As far as ideas for Snacks, that's funny! How about Snicker's, KitKats, Cheetos, Pringles, Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ben & Jerry's, Cheesecake, french fries.... Or did you mean low cal Snacks? Mmmm... snacks.

As far as ideas for Snacks, that's funny! How about Snicker's, KitKats, Cheetos, Pringles, Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ben & Jerry's, Cheesecake, french fries.... Or did you mean low cal Snacks? Mmmm... snacks.

Now that you have made us all hungry for sugar goodies.............

oh, excuse me, you did add french fries in there and cheetos,and pringles! :)

Aftr reading all your replies, I don't feel so bad !!! Thanks everyone! I thought maybe I was going crazy for a minute there. (Don't rule that out just yet though! :) )

I've heard too what a lot of you have said; you have to eat what you can tolerate individually, and that's what I have been following. I am sure I'll get braver after a while.

I see my Dietitian on December 1st for a 2-hour Behavior Modification class which will help alot. Will let you know if she has any other ideas....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Hugsssss from,

Nancy*

:D

........I know "there's life after banding".....Guess I was so psyched NOT to eat these foods anymore, I lost my head!

And I agree....I've been opting for the whole grain bread, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain cereals and Pasta....instead of the white bread, rice, potatoes....it's a proven fact!

We'll see how I do this weekend :-)

N*

********I took this from Yahoo Smartbandsters. Jessie Ahroni posted it and has posted it over and over and over to new bandsters. For those who don't know, Jessie is a Nurse Practitioner who has had her band for 6 years and works daily with new and not so new bandsters doing fills and patient education. She also has a book on Adjustable Gastric Banding which can be found at www.ahroni.com

********************************************************************************************************************

Jill:you can follow Weight Watchers if you want but I did not get banded

to make dieting more efficient. The gastric band is not a diet. I eat

whatever I want. But not much of it. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when

I'm full. I try to make wise choices about what I put in my mouth most of

the time. Dieting doesn't work (you ought to be convinced of that by now).

For me banding was about totally giving up diet mentality and all food and

weight obsessions. I had to work on doing that but I've pretty much

accomplished it most of the time.**************************

I buy the reduces salt dill pickles.The time i like to snack is in the eve in front of the tv.I slice the pickles in little circles so they seem like chips and crunch away.They are crunchy,salty and oh so yummy!!No calories!!!!!

I was basically told no carbonation. I have eaten steak and nuts, etc. Small small bites of steak, but it went down well enough.

Ohwell :)

Betty,

My suggestion for what you should take on a trip is ME and lots of MONEY lol

I'm going to Vegas in a week and I'll speak to Delarla and see if I can get her to straigten out LOL (better change on being on next shuttle).

Nancy, those of us who personally know you have already made up our minds on that crazy issue.

I have no trouble so far with any foods. My trouble is forgetting to chew well and then having that intense pain in chest for a period of time. But on a whole I must be doing ok since I have yet to have a single PB experience.

All of the foods that I have been told to avoid were basically foods that aren't good for you in first place. Aslo was told that I can try them and if I tolerate them it was ok bu then I have to look at thier value as far as protien, carbs, etc... And when I eat them I have to cut out other things and I find I don't get as much to eat and I feel like I'm lacking for the day.

I do like the dry cerals for Snacks. I take cheerios in a baggy all measured out to work with me and munch on them. Because they are dry and go down a little thick I feel like I've eaten more then I have and seem to be satisfied longer. Also fruits hold me over between meals and are good for you.