Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for all of your encouraging words. I went and bought the apple prune juice from Gerber and it really tastes great!

mindymayg- hey so then does that make you my lapband twin, huh? LOL, its nice to hear I am not alone.

Leedorr- your right, I need to relax. I think I am acting this way partially because this was my first ever surgery. THanks again!

FaithMD- yesterday I was taking off my bandages and I felt really naseated and dizzy so I sat down. Then I began to dry heave and boy was that uncomfortable. I began to think "what have I done to myself?!?" but reading your advice has made me realize that it will get better eventually and I just have to go with the flow. Thanks again!

Hi all I'm post op i day, too and am really sore! I feel the tightness in the chest, but am feeling heartburn. Any of you got the heartburn. I've been sticking to chicken broth, Jello, and Kellogs 2o drinks. I'm walking, too, but still feel really sore. Please tell me things get better and how soon should I expect it to get better???

You are going throught the worst today. Keep doing what you are doing and you will feel noticeably better tomorrow. The doc explained that its like a car accident-it hurts more the next day-but every day from here on out will be markedly better. I am 7 days out and would say I am about 95% back to my old self-Hang in-IT WILL GET easier.

What you are experiencing to TOTALLY normal. The reason that Clear Liquids are filling you is because when the band is placed around the stomach there is an inflamatory response from the restriction. This will subside over the next few days and you will soon realize that you are tolerating more liquids at a time. Don't push it, take advantage of the full feeling this will aid in weight loss. Also remember vomiting at this early stage can contribute to band slippage. You are doing fine!!! The good thing is that you are listening to your body.

FYI, some of the 'gas' is present because when the lap band is done, they have to pump your abdominal cavity with a special gas so they can see what they're doing and move they're equipment around. Unfortunately, the surgeons can't get all of the gas out. Generally, if you lay down for 24 hours afterwards, a lot of the gas is reabsorbed into the body and doesn't hurt as much. I've also found that moist heat helps the most in decreasing the pain.

OMG you are soooooo normal. :welcomeB: to LBT, BTW and congrats on being banded.

Spend some time, look around and you will find that you are very very normal. Go ahead and SIP away (do not gulp or chug), lots of nutritionists (nuts) give guidelines that 8 oz in an hour is good for the first few days to a week post-op. Remember every person's doc and nut have different reccommendations. You need to follow what yours says.

Yoo may experience a time in the next few days that you ask yourself why did I do this? You may say that you want it out! You may get depressed and not know why, this is all very common. Lots of folks really mourn their food. I know I did and I do.

You will likely always make some gurgles it's totally normal, and later on down the line, you'll still burp, too. Also normal.

Thanks FaithMD. I am 3 days post-op and have been sitting here going through all the doubts and emotions that you described, including depression. You give me hope. Maybe when I can start on something besides liquids, I will feel better. Right now, I have no energy and have to make myself get up and walk across the room for another glass of water!

I really go into a blue funk when I have to go prepare my husband a delicious meal and I can only look at it and wish!

Maybe in time..............

TenGal

I am so grateful to hear your experiences. I am Day 3 from being banded. I feel like I definitely made the right choice but i am also very sore around where the port is. It is especially sore when I stand up or sit down. And the side with the port is my more sensative then the other side. I am weening myself off the heavy meds during the day. I will take them to sleep but not during the day. They have a very strong effect on me and I am not comfortable feeling like that.

I too feel the girguling of my stomach, and I am passing gas from both directions. I am also trying to do more walking as it makes me feel a little stronger, everytime I get out there.

Keep your chin up!

:kiss2: