Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cleveland R U there????

Hi Forestcat

How are you doing? Did the extra Protein help? How did your appt go?

I'm doing ok. Had a couple more episodes of food getting stuck, and now know what people mean by sliming!!! I have to be REALLY careful about not eating too fast. And turkey is dangerous!

Hope all is well...

terrisch -

Sounds like you've hit your sweet spot!? I could eat a horse! The followup appt went well, except I didn't get to see Dr Ben-Meir. He was tied up at the hospital. Not that I HAD to see him - I didn't have any pressing questions. I mainly just wanted to ask him about the hernia, and to tell him thanks for the successful operation. :)

I'm still having a lot of dizziness, and I posted a question about it on a thread on the main board, and got lots of answers. Most people say they believe it is my BP dropping quickly when I stand up (there is a medical term for it). So I'll call my Dr tomorrow, plus have the nurse at work take my BP throughout the day. It will be GREAT to cut down on my BP meds, if that's the case!

Got your Christmas shopping done? I don't!

Hi Forestcat

Are you getting in enough fluids? I wonder if that is why you are dizzy.

When do you get your first fill?

I don't think I'm quite at my sweet point yet. I can still eat pretty well at dinner time (but not a lot at Breakfast or lunch).

ALmost done w/shopping. Went over my budget already, jeez!!!

we have tons of candy, Cookies, etc around work and home b/c of the holidays. Am I the only one struggling w/this temptation? Yikes!!!!

I hope sbee is doing ok....

Hi Forestcat-

I just checked the SVCH website...looks like the last meeting was the first thurs in December, so we both missed it!!

When is your first fill? How are things going??

I have another fill scheduled for 12/28. Haven't had any more problems w/food getting stuck since last weekend. Thank goodness! But I HAVE to get better about exercising again.

Hi Forestcat and Terrisch,

How are you guys doing. How much have you lost so far. I've hit some bumps in the road but am trying to work through it. Terrisch, did you find the sweet spot" for your fill yet. I'm at 3.5 ccs. Hope you all are well and happy holidays.

sbee and Terrisch - Isn't Holiday time FUN!?:) I must admit that I have succumed to a few treats, but no where near the amount I would usually eat. I had my first fill on Dec 14th and I notice a teeny bit of difference - I feel full a little faster, and feel a heaviness in my chest at that point. But I can still eat more than a cup at a meal, and I'm hungry 1-2 hours later. So I'm looking forward to my next fill. I'm basically doing the Atkins diet, so I try to have Protein for Snacks. I'm losing weight and feeling good - can't ask for anything more!

Happy Holidays!!!

Hi!!

Happy Holidays:)

I definitely haven't hit that sweet spot. ugh. I have been eating too many sweets this past week, and am afraid to weigh myself!! I go for another fill on friday. I hope this does the trick. I had been losing wt at every visit, but am worried I have gained this time.

After my last fill I did have episodes of food getting stuck and sliming (YUCK), but haven't had that happen for at least a couple weeks now.

I am definitely going to get back on track!

I am not sure how much of a fill I have...they never mention it...but I will have to ask this time.

SBee and Forestcat, when do you get your fills again?

terrisch -

I've hit a rough spot also - too many sweets, and I even had ice cream. I had my first fill on Dec 14th, and had about a week of feeling full faster, but then it went away. I feel like I could eat an entire dinner like I did pre-band.

But today I'm starting low carb again. My next fill is Jan 22, and I plan to call to see if I can go sooner. But the Dr has been on vacation so his schedule is probably full. Still - I'll give it a try anyway.

Does anyone know if you can stretch your pouch, and if you have - will it shrink if you go back to eating very small amounts or just liquids? I'm getting a little paranoid that I've done some damage by eating too much. Or is it the guilt talking??

Hey Forestcat-

I had the same worry...that maybe I stretched my pouch!

I had another fill yesterday. The good news is that I actually lost another 3 pounds (I think I'm up to 24 pounds total), which is remarkable! Imagine what I would have lost if I hadn't eaten the holiday sweets and exercised more!

The bad news is that Ben Meir was nervous about giving me a fill b/c of my shoulder pain, so he only put in another 0.5 cc (was going to put in 1.5 cc). Bummer! I notice a little difference, but not a lot. I think I am up to 6 cc in a 10 cc band. He said it usually takes between 6-8 cc to hit that sweet spot (so 1.5 cc would have probably been perfect).

Since he didn't add much to the band this time, he wanted me to come back in a month for another fill in 4 wks. But he had NOTHING open for 2 months! UGH. You might be able to get in a fill earlier than the 22nd, but you will probably have trouble getting another appt in february for your 3rd fill. I hope he gets some help soon!

He is a really nice guy, though. Pretty laid back for a surgeon.

My new yr's resolution is to start getting on track w/exercise again! Have been taking stairs whenever possible at work, but that isn't enough.

How are you doing with your exercise?

Sbee...how are you doing??

Have either of you experienced food getting stuck and sliming?

Hello!

I've been off line for awhile because I spilled a cup of coffee on my laptop and had to send it away to get fixed. :Cry:

terrisch and sbee - how are you doing? How many fills have you had?

I'm doing ok. My second fill is scheduled for Jan 22. The only restriction I have is in the morning - I can only get down liquids so I have an Atkins drink and coffee. Then around 9:30 I have some Cream of Wheat or oatmeal (I really CRAVE them!). For lunch and supper I basically do low carb - but have to fight to keep my portions under control. I gained a few lbs over the holidays, but managed to take them off, plus a few more lbs in the last 2 weeks. I've had a few "stuck" moments, but nothing major. My clothes are pretty baggy, and I can wear a smaller size in most things. And I started exercising....... So I feel like I'm on track - but I sure would like some of that all day restriction I've been hearing about!!! :lol:

I hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Forestcat

Sounds like you are doing fantastic!!

I am hanging in there, slowly losing but that's ok w/me.

Had probs w/food getting stuck for almost 48 hrs earlier this week...I just couldn't keep any solids down. Miserable. But now I am back to normal. I also have trouble in the morning, and mostly stick to my coffee w/milk.

I try to get in some low fat cheese mid-morning.

I have been so busy at work, the exercise thing has been tough. I try to get in stairs as much as possible. And lots of housework on the weekends!!

What kind of exercise are you doing, Forestcat?

Sbee...are you out there? Hope all is well!

terrisch -

I've been doing the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos, but I'm still on mile ONE. I have arthritis in my hips and lower back, so even doing 1 mile kicks my butt. I also have some "bands" that I'm going to start alternating days with. I'm on my feet almost all day at work, so some days when I get home the last thing I want to do is walk a mile.

What kind of exercise are you doing?