Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bikini area port?

Hey DonnaD,

Mine is in the center of my chest, about four fingers width from the middle of my breasts. It sticks out and I can certainly feel it, but it doesn't interfere with anything.

That's too bad that your surgery didn't happen yesterday. What a mix-up. Such a waste of time, but I guess this way you can gather more information and make a decision on where you want your port replaced.

I am eating like crazy and cannot wait for Monday for my first fill. Even though I am eating less portions, it feels like I'm eating/grazing more often. I can eat anything, although I haven't had any bread for six weeks.

Last night we went out to Carmen's here in Toronto and I had half a steak. It went down fine. I took home the chocolate cake dessert and am looking forward to having some today :-)

I was banded at TBLC too, are we supposed to be eating Steak??? I havn't tried anything that "dense" yet.. kinda afraid I guess.

Doing mushies, last night I had Chicken/Penne and Cesar salad... could only eat 1/3rd of the restaurant portion brought the rest home to hubby.

I hope I am not eating too much...

what amounts (volume) is everyone else doing?

Yes Loriely, yes it will be moved tomorrow. I think I have decided to just move it a little lower than where it is now. It will end up about somewhere between my boobs and my bellybutton in the middle. Peaches has hers just below bellybutton and it hits the kitchen counter, waist will interfere with pants and bikini area may be weird for anyone who may go there if you get my drift (In my dreams maybe)

Thanks for the well wishes. You are doing fantastic and are an inspiration to me. I will be away for about 10 day starting Friday for vacation at my cottage.

Hi Donna how did it go? It was nice to met you. Are you sore did you need anything for the pain? My fill went well. Although I have been getting things stuck the past few days it seems to be ok.Were they able to do your fill as well.

Hi Rose I forgot to ask about the fills in Scarborough but I will

Brookelaney my port is now located midway between boobs and belly button. I think it will be ok there. They gave me .75 fill while I was under. I don't think I feel any different but it is a good amount.

Hi Donna,

I was banded last Friday, August 10 and Dr. Yau put my port under my belly button on the left side. I think I'll like it there, so far it's not in the way.

Patricia it's nice to hear that Dr. Yau is being a little more creative. How are you feeling post op?

Hi Donna,

Nice to hear from you as well. I'm feeling pretty good actually and wonder if I'm dreaming and it's not going to last.

You are no longer dreaming. That nice healthy new body will be yours in no time. I look at it as this being my last fat summer...

Donna_D, you are doing really well! Good for you.

It's been very slow going for me, but I'm off to my 2nd fill tomorrow. Hopefully, I will see some movement (down!) on the scale soon.......