Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet protein

Every person is different as far as Protein goals mine is 70 gms. But I don't know about carbs etc during preop bc My Drs staff and dietician just says I can have sugar free pudding, skim milk, Soups, 1-2 Protein Shakes a day, and pretty much anything liquid and sugar free. I haven't paid attention to anything else and as far as I know I don't need to. Then after surgery I think it's just important to get fluids and protein in and as u progress to stay low fat, no sugar no carbs until u reach goal and beyond. Hope that helps. :)

Pre op diet is to shrink the liver, go as low carb as possible, between 20-30 a day, but confirm with your doc and nut. Protien is minimum 60, but depends on individual. Because of my size, I target 100-110 daily

Dream

I'm praying!

Let us know how it goes please!

Craigcu

Thanks for the info!

I had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital til tomorrow. It was a fairly fast surgery everything went well. I'm having a hard time drinking still and my nausea is still pretty bad. They switched my pain medicine to a liquid I have to drink and I can't drink it fast enough so I'm not getting my pain completely under control yet

Dream

So glad the surgery went well!

I'll keep praying that your nausea subsides and you can get your pain under control.. Please keep us posted!

Tomorrow is orientation and meeting with surgeon.

Surgery is at least a month or two or three away for me

God bless

Heidi

Thank you Heidi! I'm finally home and haven't had any nausea since Thursday and I'm getting better day by day :)

Thanks!

I was doubting whether to have the surgery..

But today I didn't do as well on my diet and cheated ( I've lost 8 pounds in 8 days)

Surgery is what I need for sure!

How are you doing Dream?

Thanks!

I was doubting whether to have the surgery..

But today I didn't do as well on my diet and cheated ( I've lost 8 pounds in 8 days)

Surgery is what I need for sure!

How are you doing Dream?

I'm doing ok. I am two weeks out tomorrow and I'm still on liquids until my first post op appt on Thursday. I'm not very sore and haven't been taking pain meds for around a week. My problem is I'm not drinking enough fluids in general and not enough Protein either. I've got to get better bc I've been dizzy and literally have no energy. My dr will not be happy if I don't get a little better at it. The problem is I have to write everything down and keep reminder alarms bc I forget to eat unless I'm bored....And head hunger is real!!! It's really hard just being on liquids but I'm hoping once I'm on puréed foods and can "chew" it will be better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches