Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your first time..

What did you eat the first time you were allowed fresh fruits and veggies?

And did you have an adverse reactions to those selections?

I think my first piece of fresh fruit was a peach. I haven't had any adverse reactions to any fresh fruits and vegetables. I recommend taking small bites, chewing thoroughly, and eating slowly when trying new foods (or eating any foods).

It might have been a grape for me. And I found the skin made it much more difficult to eat even though I thought it would be so thin.

So watch out for all fruit skins too.

I bought a can of peaches a couple of weeks ago and while it was decent, I instantly craved a fresh, ripe, juicy peach. Bummer for me as the season is over and peaches are $3.99 a pound.

I've had cooked til soft fruits and veggies but I am craving the snap, the crunch the taste of fresh. I just have two weeks to go but seems like an eternity.

I think my first piece of fresh fruit was a peach. I haven't had any adverse reactions to any fresh fruits and vegetables. I recommend taking small bites, chewing thoroughly, and eating slowly when trying new foods (or eating any foods).

I used 1 oz of banana in my shakes. Then I tried frozen berries in my shake. Not sure those count for what you are looking for. My first just plain raw vegetable was cucumber (no skin). I eat it nearly every day and have no issues (though some do). My NUT said they are mostly Water so not that much nutritional value really but I sure like them and their freshness! I have also had small bites of iceberg lettuce with no problems. Apples have worked well - again as long as you remove the skin. (You can see I haven't progressed much in this area, so looking forward to others answers.) I really miss grapes but I don't want to peel them....

Apples still do not agree. It's so awful! There really isn't anything else that I can think of.

My first fruit was an apple. And my first veggie was a carrot. No adverse reaction to either.

I started eating berries and bananas pureed in my Protein shakes pretty early on - maybe the second week out.

I've been eating (whole) berries on my yogurt since I was first moved from the pureed to soft food stage at four weeks out.

I wasn't allowed to eat raw vegetables until month three. Lettuce still bothers me. I know some people have trouble with fruit with skins, too (I haven't tried those yet)

My first fruit was banana and then I moved onto cantaloupe with no issues. My first veggie was zucchini and I had no issues. Veggies were very touch and go up until a couple of weeks ago.

@

Friday night I was up way past my bedtime and felt the urge to eat. I saw I had some baby carrots in a ziploc. I sniffed them, they smelled fine, I took a tiny bite, swallowed and went back for more. Before I knew it I had downed about 5 little baby carrots and immediately knew while they might not cause any problems, they are far too easy to eat.

It is too bad they don't offer any Protein. :(

What did you eat the first time you were allowed fresh fruits and veggies?

And did you have an adverse reactions to those selections?

Bananas had too much sugar in it so it made me sick. I researched low sugar fruits and ate berries instead. Mostly blueberries, raspberries and a few strawberries. For vegetables I did canned spinach for quite a while. I think everyone is different and tolerate different things.