Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women only lol!

Okay so i have been bleeding sence ive had surgery, it is mostly light like a normal period would be most of the time but lately it has turned really thick, brighter red n color, with huge dark blood lookin clots just coming out even when im in the shower, im not really sure this is a surgery probem or not, but i was just wondering if any of yall have had abnormal bleeding sence surgery? Idk what is going on at the point but im sick of bleeding!!!

No...nothing like that here....I've personally never heard of it. I think you should at least call your doctor. Don't get alarmed though, it could be normal.

that sounds like a "go see your gyn" issue. the way you describe your bleeding as "turned really thick, brighter red in color, huge dark clots" is something a doctor should help you with especially if your periods aren't normally like that. wishing you the best.

i don't have a uterus anymore but when i did i had periods like that and they got very painful. i had fibroids. its very common. it's def a gyno issue. i personally don't think it's a surgery issue. i've seen the surgery done on youtube and it doesn't touch that part of your body but you could call your dr anyways to ask (since im not a doctor) i think it's a gyno thing.

@@sleevegirl1991

Definately not from bypass but it sure sounds like it could be fibroids in your uterus. I had that situation that went on for a few years before we decided to do a hysterectomy. We went that route because I was already done having children.

Haven't regretted that surgery either LOL!

I concur with fibroids. That's the reason I had everything scooped out.

One of the best things I ever did besides this surgery.

@sleevegirl1991 "Yes" on calling your gyn -- always when there's a change in what has been your normal period or there is bleeding that somehow seems to be separate from menstrual bleeding. Because your surgery was very recent, mention it to your surgeon, too, if only for your peace of mind..

I haven't had a period in two years. Well I started one yesterday. I'm three weeks post op. Mine is pretty much the same. Thick. But mine were like that back when I had a period.

My doctor said its just the hormones adjusting. As your body changes rapidly your hormones have a hard time keeping up and staying balanced. It takes awhile but it should level out and become more normal.

I concur with fibroids. That's the reason I had everything scooped out.

One of the best things I ever did besides this surgery.

I had a complete hysterectomy at the age of 30. EVERYTHING is gone! Uterus, cervix, tubes, ovaries!! That seems to be when I gained the most weight. For the women who don't have ovaries for hormones are u on a HRT? And if so, how is that affecting weight loss?

my TOM was like that a lot and as I aged and got heavier the worse it got. I was told the heavier you are the TOM is affected as well. call you gynecologist.

I read that a period after weight loss surgery is normal, however I would say call your doctor to be sure. It could be your body adjusting to the shock from having surgery but it won't hurt to get checked out.

See your GYN to be sure. I had some clotting & heavier bleeding afterwards. Thankfully, My issues just turned out to be due to the rapid weight loss that caused havoc on my hormone level. It actually kicked off that menopause stage for me. 3 yrs post op and it still hasn't returned back to pre-op. It disappears for months at a time. Actually, I haven't seen it since February. But not complaints.

Okay so i have been bleeding sence ive had surgery, it is mostly light like a normal period would be most of the time but lately it has turned really thick, brighter red n color, with huge dark blood lookin clots just coming out even when im in the shower, im not really sure this is a surgery probem or not, but i was just wondering if any of yall have had abnormal bleeding sence surgery? Idk what is going on at the point but im sick of bleeding!!!

Going through the same thing. I have PCOS so my periods are all over the place. I had surgery 9/10 and I am still having a period. I started the day after my surgery. I went to my doctor and she said it's coming because of hormones. I am getting ready to switch my band of birth control to see if that helps. I had an ultrasound done to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Unfortunately, I think I have to just let my body balance out.