Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The pre-surgery nerves have crept in tonight. (My surgery is tomorrow morning!!! wooohooo) However as a single mom of 4, it's got me thinking. While I am not expecting anything bad to happen (I've had 4 previous surgeries) there is a little slice in my brain that says to prepare in case something does. While I already have the usual things in place (estate planning etc... and things I have had in order regardless of surgery or not) I am wondering did any of you go so far as to write letters to each of your kids or anything just in case you didn't make it?

giphy.gif

I wrote letters to my sons and ex....my surgery was December 11 2011 and I gave them to them at Christmas! By then survival seemed probable..ha.

In October 2013 I had major plastics which was big deal surgery. I wrote letters to my sons and others. My friend who went with me to Mexico dumped coffee all over them while I was under the knife. Joke was then I HAD to be fine since the letters were gonners!

Not really. For some reason I was fairly positive going into this surgery. I had the usual things in place, living will, etc... But no good bye letters to loved one. In fact quite the opposite, I gave my siblings instructions to bring my electronics to me. I didn't want to leave them in the lockers.

I've been keeping a video journal since I began my journey, so well over a year. I figured that would suffice.

But honestly I was so calm and serene when they wheeled me in, I had no jitters or nerves. And this was my first surgery ever. I've had zero complications and a fast recovery.

Best of luck with yours and congrats!

Hubby and I did get some estate stuff finalized (we're both far into senior citizen territory), but other than that I didn't leave any letters for anyone.

Speaking purely for myself, something about this topic feels pretty drama llama to me.

Obviously, others' mileage will vary.

I had so much peace about this surgery, I didn't end up writing letters. I am chalking it up to a last minute bout of anxiety.

I am hopefully going home tomorrow, surgery went well :)

No drama llama here... it was more of a simple and clear communication to my loved ones acknowledging what a huge change I was undertaking with some (but small) risks. It was more expressing how much I appreciated them etc. Of course, my sons at the time were late teens/early 20s and either lived with me or still quite reliant on me on many levels. If my kids were grown with families of their own, I probably would not have written them.

The plastics were in Mexico and i didn't tell lot of people. The handful that I wrote letters to - I wanted to let them know why it was so important to me, and why I took on risks of an elective surgery, much less going to Mexico.

I had so much peace about this surgery, I didn't end up writing letters. I am chalking it up to a last minute bout of anxiety.

I am hopefully going home tomorrow, surgery went well :)

Outstanding !!!!!!!!

Tell your kids to be careful when giving you hugs for a few days. :P

I wrote letters to my kids, my family and my besties when I had brain surgery.

I write letters to my kids when I travel on business.

I wrote letters to my kids when I had this surgery, even though it was outpatient.

The letter read as follows:

Please walk the dog, give her fresh Water and clean the guinea pig cage. If there are any dishes in the sink, underwear on the floor, or shoes in the hallway when I get home, I will beat you senseless.

I love you and will call you tonight.

Mommy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches