Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's my weight loss?

Well I'm looking for advise from someone who started this process with a slightly lower bmi. Yes, I know everyones weight loss is different. However if someone could chime in and tell me if this is normal or not, much appreciated. I'm coming up on 7 weeks post op and I've lost 15 pounds. Most which was in the first two weeks out. I know that stalls happen, but I think I've honestly been stalling for about 4/5 weeks now. My starting weight was 208 and I'm 5'5. I log all my food and I get more than enough Protein every day (I use gene pro protein powder) any advice?

Yes it's pretty normal. Lower BMI's tend to lose at a slower rate.

I am only 11 days post-op with a low BMI. Pre-op I lost about 30 lbs. and I have lost about 10 lbs post-op.

I am interested in the responses you get.

Have you incorporated any exercise into your routine daily?

You are tracking your Protein and foods, what is the calorie intake?

I'm almost six weeks post op and I've only lost 15 pounds, my starting BMI was 41 and now it's 37. I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed? I'm also curious about the responses to come.

Hang in there. I stalled out for about two months and it's slowly starting again. I would get frustrated and over eat or eat everything I was suppose to. Everyone's body is different and it will come off. Don't give up like I did.

Thank you everyone!! I'm usually at no more than 1,000 calories every day. I looked back and myfitness pal and I'm starting to think maybe my problem lies within carbs. It's all healthy carbs (quinoa, fruit, oatmeal) but I'm going to try and cut back on them. My exercise routine is no where close to what it should be. But I walk to all my classes and I usually do cardio 2 sometimes 3 times a week!

I came in with a low BMI too. I've lost about 10 lbs 2 weeks out. I think that number is good. I average about 600 calories, 25 carbs and about 80 g Protein. MFP user.

Someone showed me this chart and it helped me keep my expectations in check. post-262421-14452167498959_thumb.jpg

I also started out with a low BMI 40 and lost 9 lbs first week, and maybe a couple pounds for second week, but that it. Hoping I will continue at 2-3 lbs a week.

I also started out with a low BMI 40 and lost 9 lbs first week, and maybe a couple pounds for second week, but that it. Hoping I will continue at 2-3 lbs a week.

Some weeks yes, most weeks no. The average is 1-2 pounds a week after the initial larger losses in the first few weeks.

I also had a lower bmi. I believe it was a 37.9 on surgery day.

My start weight was 257. But I lost 22 pounds preop and ended up being 235 on surgery day.

I'm now 215, a little over two weeks out and Ive started a stall already. I was lucky to lose a lot right away but now I think it's going to be slow and steady from here on out.

My bmi was 36 with a start weight of 205 and after 5 months it is 28 and my weight is 160. I am very happy with the pace of loss. I think the slow and steady loss helps keep things in perspective.

I've lost 74 pounds in 4 months. I started at 288 and am now 214. I think everyone is different.

But honestly, in the beginning, I feel the weight doesn't come off as fast as we expect. I was disappointed as well in the first couple of weeks because I felt I wasn't loosing as much.

That's just your body getting used to everything. In no time, you'll start seeing faster progress :)