Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a day?

Today's food (I've been on maintenance for nearly 6 months and am maintaining at 140 pounds)

Breakfast -

Protein shake (GNC Lean 25)

coffee latte (skim milk and coffee)

Midmorning snack -

Doctor Kracker 3-seed kracker,

1 ounce cheddar cheese

2T Smuckers sugar-free strawberry jam

lunch -

Homemade chicken / onion / peppers angelhair Pasta

4 T grated Parmesan cheese

dinner -

(Ruby Tuesday leftovers)

1/2 hickory bourbon salmon entree

1/2 green Beans serving

1/2 brown rice pilaf serving

Evening Snacks / Treats -

Dannon Greek oikos vanilla yogurt

1 cup raw strawberries

2 ounces single malt scotch (Glenlivet)

Total calories = 1,583

Carbs = 151 grams

Fat = 47 grams

Protein = 118 grams

Fiber = 17 (should be at least 21 ... oops!)

P.S. I'll eat / drink more than that this weekend. I average 1700 calories/day.

Great post! I also had a structure and finally after 7 months I can eat a little more, bread, toast still makes me sick, very limited meat or fish, I don't understand if is the consistency or the type of meat. Breakfast is always a Premier Protein shake, after workout is Greek yogurt Oikos triple 0 I add chia seeds, lunch is some mix unsalted nuts and some cheese, dinner grilled veggie with salmon or turkey but not more then 3 oz. I love salad but make me feel weird. It's getting better, also I'm terrified by the idea of gaining weight back.

Great post! I also had a structure and finally after 7 months I can eat a little more, bread, toast still makes me sick, very limited meat or fish, I don't understand if is the consistency or the type of meat. Breakfast is always a premier Protein shake, after workout is Greek yogurt Oikos triple 0 I add chia seeds, lunch is some mix unsalted nuts and some cheese, dinner grilled veggie with salmon or turkey but not more then 3 oz. I love salad but make me feel weird. It's getting better, also I'm terrified by the idea of gaining weight back.

Strictures are really weird. I still have things get stuck although it's gotten so much better. It's unpredictable that's for sure. For about six months all I could eat was cheese, potato chips, and liquids!! Ugh.

The idea of gaining weight back keeps me up at night!!

I am 7 weeks out from VSG. My typical day looks like this:

Breakfast 1 5:00am or 7:00am: Half of the 5.3oz Oikos Greek Non Fat vanilla Yogurt with Strawberries or Raspberries or 1/2 banana

Breakfast 2 7:00am or 9:00am: 1 Egg either scrambled or over medium with turkey sausage or turkey bacon or smoked salmon

snack around 11am: 1 piece of string cheese or a light baby bel. i Old Wisconsin Turkey Snack Stick

lunch around 1pm: Grilled chicken of some kind. Either from a Greek restaurant or Schwarma or something with grilled veggies

Snack around 4pm: sugar free pudding or Jello or a handful of yogurt covered dried cherries

dinner around 7:30pm fish or chicken or turkey burger or sausage (turkey or chicken) with cooked veggies

Snack around 9:00pm Not every night. maybe every other night. sugar free popsicle

****Special treat, once or twice every 7 days**** 1/2 cup Breyers low fat, no sugar added Strawberries and Cream ice cream. This only has 4g of sugar and 10g carbs.

Also, I am one of about 5 people in the world who like Isopure Protein drinks. The kind in the bottle, like gatorade. I sip on one of these throughout the day here and there. That is a great way to get in both liquids and another 40g of Protein.< /p>

Edited by dlappjr

@@bellabloom Here is my go-to list

1. Breakfast.

Skinny crustless quiche

• 2.00 cup(s), All Whites 100% liquid Egg Whites
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Spices, pepper, black
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Salt, table
  • 0.50 cup, shredded, cheese, mozzarella, low moisture, part-skim
  • 1.00 cup, Cottage cheese - Non Fat
  • 0.25 cup, chopped, Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
  • 0.33 lb(s), Ground Turkey 85/15 - 3 Lb. Pkg

You can substitute carrots or whatever other veggies you want. It makes 8 servings and is 113 calories roughly, 15 grams of Protein. I put some pineapple citrus salsa on it to spice it up a bit.

I'll switch it up every now and then and just do whole egg, scrambled and some kind of meat to keep me full until lunch rolls around.

2. lunch.< br />

Low fat Turkey meatloaf

• 1.00 lb(s), Fit & Easy 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey Breast
  • 3.00 oz(s), Tomato Paste, 100% Natural
  • 1.00 tbsp(s), Tomato Paste, 100% Natural
  • 1.00 egg, Large Egg - Yummy and Delicious
  • 1.00 large, eggs - White only, raw
  • 2.00 tbsp(s), Cheese, parmesan, grated
  • 3.00 clove(s), Garlic, raw
  • 4.00 tablespoons, Restaurant Style Salsa Citrus Pineapple
  • 1.00 cup, Chopped White Onion

makes 4 servings, 186 calories, 8g carbs, 32g of protein

3. Snack

Light string cheese, 50 calories a piece - 9g Protein

or

non fat greek yogurt - 80 - 100 - 12g protein

or

Pure Protein Bar - chocolate deluxe - 190 calories, 21g of protein

4. dinner.

Depends on the day really, sometimes I eat 4 oz grilled chicken breast, sometimes I have some beef or turkey meatballs in some marinara sauce. Up to this point in my day, I've pretty much met my protein quota, but I still like to get a little more in.

5. Late night snack.< /p>

I try to stay away from this as much as possible. But if I am going to snack, I get something light, 1 oz of mixed nuts or a yogurt of some kind. After a long week, I will grab a bowl of ice cream (exactly the serving size! not opening a pint and finishing it). You appreciate it so much more when it's only once in a while and not every night. Plus Blue Bell is back on the shelves in Texas! Throw stones if you want, but I've never hit a stall more than 2 weeks because I always keep my body guessing! The moment you start getting in a routine, your body gets used to it and you got to shock it with some good calories every now and again.

As you can tell, I did not mention anything about Protein shakes. I quit Protein Shakes when I was able to start eating meat because I get enough protein that way. I absolutely hate protein shakes now because of the first 6 weeks of nothing but powdered protein...yuck! If I never have to drink another one in my life, I'll be happy!

Breakfast - overnight oatmeal.

Use mason jar

1/4 c oats

1/3 c unsweetened almond mile

1/4 c Greek yogurt (vanilla)

1t chia seeds

1T sugar free maple Syrup

Mix (just shake the jar)

Add your favorite ingredients.

mine is 2 T unsweetened coconut and 1T mini choc chips

other ideas: raspberries / blueberries

Put in the frig overnight

This is my new favorite!!! Love it!

I add half a scoop Protein powder in there too usually

Welcome!

In general, I’d say have a little more Protein and veggies to fill up on fewer calories.

1. Breakfast: Maybe have a smaller serving of bagel and have some Protein, like a hard-boiled egg white or some cottage cheese. Or have a little less Cereal and mix it with yogurt. Depending on how hungry you are, you could have some fruit, too, because it’s filling and not too high-calorie, and can tide you over.

2. Lunch: For eating out, a green salad is usually safe. You can get the dressing on the side and have grilled chicken (protein) on top, and try to order it without fatty extras like salami and mounds of cheese (a little is okay). You can also go for chicken breast and a side of veggies.

3. Snack: Protein Bars (if you like them) keep in the car. Almonds are good, as long as you keep the serving small. You could also go for pouches of tuna or canned sardines or macerel.

4: Dinner: It’s a pretty safe bet to go with a protein and a cooked veggie or side salad, plus a starch if you need more. For example, chicken, fish, or a veggie or turkey burger, plus broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, etc., plus a small amount of sweet potato or winter squash or brown rice. If you’re willing to cook a little, you can do chili or stir fry – a mixture of protein and veggies.

5. Snack: Yogurt, cottage cheese, protein pudding, fruit.

Good luck!