Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys,

I am scheduled for the band in the beginning of October. As soon as the Dr. will let me I will be going back to my excersise routine. smile.gif

Here's my question - think.gif

Being over 370lbs I already have man boobs. My concern is that as I loose the weight they will get bigger. Do any of you know what type of excersise will help make them tighter?

I realize that if I loose eneough weight I may need to have surgery.

Thanks for starting this thread, it's a real help.

First off fred I don't know if anyone has told you about this but " You can not pot train to lose weight!!" That is very important thing to know. You can make yourself have a bigger chest by adding muscle to it, but as for tightening skin, if you figure that one out let us all know. I will probably have to have skin removed from my stomach when I hit goal as or alot of:welcome: people in this group. What is your routine? So maybe I can help you to tweak it for you. I do have alot of experince in exercise and training.

Guys,

I am scheduled for the band in the beginning of October. As soon as the Dr. will let me I will be going back to my excersise routine. smile.gif

Here's my question - think.gif

Being over 370lbs I already have man boobs. My concern is that as I loose the weight they will get bigger. Do any of you know what type of excersise will help make them tighter?

I realize that if I loose eneough weight I may need to have surgery.

Thanks for starting this thread, it's a real help.

Do incline, flat and decline barbell bench press. flys also help. I have noticed my moobs have gotton saggier because i have not been lifting like i should. Try wearing a compression shirt (see my other thread for types) they work really well to make you feel less self consious about your moobs.

HEy Guys, I get banded on Oct 23!!! I have a gym in my house I never use of course my wife and kids use it. I have a treadmill and a bow flex. CAn someone give a specific exercise program I can do THANKS...

HEy Guys, I get banded on Oct 23!!! I have a gym in my house I never use of course my wife and kids use it. I have a treadmill and a bow flex. CAn someone give a specific exercise program I can do THANKS...

Listed below is a link to the mens health web server where they store different work out posters. I printed off everything that ended with .pdf and used those as a workout plan. There is even a shopping list of food you should buy when you go to the store which will help alot to. I took the workout posters to Kinkos and had them laminated. Index of /media/MH_Static

This is a stupid question (coming from a non bander) does running affect the band or port at all? How about stomach crunches and the like? What about large amounts of h2o intake after a good workout?

I finally bit the bullet and rejoined the gym I belonged to two years ago. I had let my registration lapse, since I was doing a lot of traveling. I got tired of just walking for exercise and especially with the lousier weather of late, I needed to take it to the next level. I like the elliptical machines better than the treadmill, because I work up more of a sweat and feel like I'm accomplishing something. Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on a treadmill (I meant to do 15, then move to the elliptical, but these treadmills have individual TVs and the Jet game was on ;) ). By then I could only do 10 minutes on the elliptical before my legs started burning. I then did some leg work, lifts and presses. I'm going to have to figure out what to do for upper body right now, since I have a bout of tennis elbow and my orthopedist doesn't want me to do any lifting yet. I thin konce he clears me, I will pay for a few personal training sessions, just to help me get st up with a program.

I'm having the surgery on Jan 8th. Since about late October, I've done mostly treadmill (fat burn) stuff. A little bit of weights but not much. I've been trying to walk 2 to 3 miles per day everyday. Since my first consult (10/29), I've lost about 24 pounds. I'm hoping to lose some more pounds and then work on the muscle tone.

hey has anyone looked at the MAP testing to find the right heart rate you should exercise at to lose weight? I go to Lifetime fitness and they had me do it but that was a while ago. Wondering if anyone has any experience with it or thoughts on it.

Thanks