Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My Date...freaking out...can I do this

Well, that's the responsible thing to do! I did it too.

Although I do feel obligated to leave "instructions" and "final wishes" in case of the worst happening. Has anyone else done that? Or am I just a little over the top? :-o

I sure did. I've never had surgery before and felt I should have a medical directive just in case.

I don't have my date yet, but was just informed that my insurance will cover this. I was stunned, this was like my first reality check. I wondered what I was doing to myself, why I was doing this, what will happen next. Then, reality kicked in, actually I looked down. This belly of mine isn't going anywhere with what I'm doing, so, this is another try.

I fear failing afterwards, I fear not being able to follow the diet, messing up, etc, etc, etc. But then I think, I've researched this, know what I'm getting into, know what I have to do and then calm back down.

I read about others journeys and know there will be bumps in the road, but I have told close friends, friends at work and a few family members. They are all rooting for me. I know I can count on them in the tough times.

So, I go back and forth on this several times a day. But, I'm gonna forge ahead! to a healthier me!

SueS.

I was just banded Friday, July 13th. I was a nervous wreck wondering why I would allow myself to be inflicted with pain and why am I doing this to myself. Everyone said that those thoughts and feelings were normal. Anyway, I didn't run for my life from the hospital and had the surgery. I was sore yesterday but feel much better today. The only things that I worry about now is when I move am I messing something up in there? It's crazy I know to be paranoid but I just can't help it.

Anyway, good luck with your surgery and look at this as a new beginning for you.

My surgery is August 1st and I move in and out of 'panic' mode. One day I am confident I am doing the right thing, the next, I see an add for Jenny Craig and think 'what if I could just do that'. Then I think, 'I could use the money to finish the basement', or 'travel oversees'. Then, I try to remind myself that I would have to buy two plain seats to get my fat butt overseas, and if I finished my basement, I would just be fat, sitting in my finished basement. In the end, I always decide I am making the right choice, and when I am feeling really weak, and thinking about cancelling my surgery, I hop on this website and read about everyone's positive experiences. It really does seem to re-focus me!

I am a new member and am just getting familiar with the site, but so far it has made me feel so much better and I have learned a lot reading others threads. I have about 3 weeks to go....I can hardly wait, but am also nervous. You will hear more from me

...Then, I try to remind myself that I would have to buy two plain seats to get my fat butt overseas, and if I finished my basement, I would just be fat, sitting in my finished basement. ...

LOL! You sound like me, and everyone else!

You are making the right decision,

If you could do this on your own you would have done so by now,

You are supposed to be nervous, you are having SURGERY,

You are supposed to doubt your decisions, it's normal,

You are supposed to think "Jenny Craig" because we all do but just remember, she keeps her business going well on REPEAT BUSINESS.

You guys will be fine!

Good luck to all of you going thru these nervous times. As WAS said, this is perfectly normal. My DH asked me today if something happened to my band would I have the surgery done over again? I didn't hesitate for a second and said, "Oh, HELL yes!!!"

Really, you're gonna love it!!!!!

I am going to be banded on July 23rd at Lahey Clinic and I am really excited about finally going through with the procedure. However, I am scared to death about dealing with the aftermath. I have a business trip in a few wks and I am still going to be on a soft food diet, how will I handle that? Then the idea of dating...how the hell do I handle that? I am excited and overwhelmed.....I am really grateful for this site.